Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

How many HP did I add?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

i think i can answer the original posters question with a three word answer

IT
DOESNT
MATTER

the fact of the matter is that the number you "gained" will be so sad and insignificant that you would end up lying to whoever asked how much you gained just out of pure embarrassment, trust me, ive been there man, so i know yur pain

so go on, assume, lie, and brag, but when it comes down to the truth, it doesnt matter, just have fun
Old Feb 6, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Handmemyarms
i think i can answer the original posters question with a three word answer

IT
DOESNT
MATTER

the fact of the matter is that the number you "gained" will be so sad and insignificant that you would end up lying to whoever asked how much you gained just out of pure embarrassment, trust me, ive been there man, so i know yur pain

so go on, assume, lie, and brag, but when it comes down to the truth, it doesnt matter, just have fun
EXACTLY
If you went into this thinking youd do a full exhaust, and intake, some porting here and there and suddenly have a street monter, you had things seriously misconstrued. which would explain why one would spend two grand on a host of bolt ons. and also explain the extent of ones knowledge at the earlier stages of his cars development. with hind sight being 20/20 its easy to say 'eh bolt ons suck, they're not worth it.'
the quote above says it best, the number is insignificant, its the experience that matters. so many times dudes absolutely love their cars and what the parts they added improved then they hit the dyno and our bummed.
bolt ons work as good on this car, just about as good as they work on other cars in this class. meaning an intake on any 10 thousand dollar car isnt gonna add 15hp across the board.
but for the given increase in performance from any given host of bolt on that cost me 2 grand, sheeet! i'd be dissapionted to.

Last edited by Elvis; Feb 6, 2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

The cheapest way to add horsepower is stickers.... Turbo or nothing.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

Installing a turbo is the only way to gain meaningful horsepower, plus the usual bolt-on turbo mods. Just doing bolt-ons on the weak N/A motor that you have will get you close to nothing horsepower and a total waste of cash and a huge blow to your ego. You can just lie to yourself and say that you gained 100 mental horsepower, but that's lame and ricer. I'm not trying to be mean, but going turbo is just the best way.

Save up for a nice turbo kit and you will much happier!

Last edited by Vigo; Feb 13, 2007 at 12:22 PM.