Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

RRM Test Pipe

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let us know how it works for you
Old May 4, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

You can always weld some kind of Catalytic Converter on top of it, so at least if a cop bend down he will be completely fooled at least for the look
Old May 4, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deepside
You can always weld some kind of Catalytic Converter on top of it, so at least if a cop bend down he will be completely fooled at least for the look
we're already got over that part. the pzev has 2 cats so when you're missing one, you wont be able to tell.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mezzedupdream
let us know how it works for you

will do
Old May 5, 2008, 04:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CamShaft
the cat is welded in. Been under my car a few times... Anyways you want to pollute the world then go ahead and take it out but my opinion keep it in for our children's sakes! Think about it. 7 HP for more pollution?!
7hp from a test pipe? Are you serious? I find that terribly hard to believe unless the stock cat is REALLY restrictive. I'd like to see some proof of that number...

Originally Posted by chetman7
A cop would not be able to tell, he'll see the main cat and think nothing.
It's easy to say that. Whether or not it's true is going to be a test of trail & error.
Old May 5, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

true....went I had my car on a lift, it took me a couple of seconds to find the precat, its tucked away nicely, the only reason i knew it was a cat was because of the 02 sensor
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Rock.....I think it should be added to the website that this needs a CEL eliminator.

btw...how is that coming along?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:29 PM

Being in Texas, nobody cares until inspection time rolls around, especially when you mainly cruise backroads like I do to and from work daily (but it still almost makes me wish I still lived in Arkansas where there aren't any inspections). I had a 2000 Jeep Sport (R.I.P.) with a headerback exhaust with only a 2.5" in/out Dynomax one chamber racing muffler from Summit Racing "for offroad use only" that spewed out some great thick black smoke, was so loud I wanted to wear earplugs, and been pulled over many times (for being a dumbass UNT student), and never once was I asked about my cat.

As for the cat being welded, I'll have to check that out for myself. If it is, that might explain to me why RRM said they weren't going to sell a hi-flow cat for my '08 GTS back in April...and quite possibly why I can't seem to find one anywhere else. If someone can find one for me, I'd buy it in a heartbeat (aftermarket headers [to be bought soon], stock cat, and aftermarket exhaust doesn't seem to add-up to me) I'll let you know what I come-up with. RRM said that this pipe was for PZEV only per their website, which interests me why they'd made a pipe to replace 2 cats (that's essentially the only difference between PZEV and FED, or so I hear) but not 1 for the FED. If they'd fab a pipe for the FED, I would have bought it already...so would anybody else in the other 49 FED states, I'm sure. In the mean time I'll just have to see what one of my welder buddies or local hack-and-sack exhaust shops can come-up with.

Any plans for the FED Lancer, Rob...if you're reading this? Because obviously...my daily driver needs to turn into 'dragstrip only'...in case you have to ask that question like Summit Racing did to sell me that Jeep muffler (ya know it'd be interesting to slap that on just to try it).

Need my car as a guinea pig? I'll gladly volunteer it for one of your shop's project cars as a 'loner'

Last edited by JJ08GTS; Jul 4, 2008 at 05:18 PM.