Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Opinions for Intakes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Opinions for Intakes

Hey guys

in your opinion which will be the best/better
intake you can install on a lancer gts?
i have the money now, but im still not sure which
one to buy, i was looking at the ones
they have on roadrace, the short ram
but i dont know what brand will be the best one?

if you could help me out
i will love to know which one gives more
performance to a car.
thanks =]
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You can go with a short ram style intake that will get a few HP but typically as underhood temps rise much of the gains disappear. A full cold air intake is better but if not designed correctly can be more restrictive. I found the K&N drop in filters with a 4" duct leading to the stock airbox works really well in these cars and then you have a few hp gains from the filter and a few from the cold air being dumped into the airbox constantly. Does it look as cool? Probably not, but it worked well for my Outlander Sport and it's the same 2.0L 4B11 engine as many of the Lancers. The K&N panel filter that fit mine was the same part number that works in the Evo X, so if it can support 400 crank HP easily it will work fine in a 150-200 crank HP Non-turbo setup.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:47 PM

i llike my weapon r. i can give you the part number to look at it if youre still looking for one
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hiboost
You can go with a short ram style intake that will get a few HP but typically as underhood temps rise much of the gains disappear. A full cold air intake is better but if not designed correctly can be more restrictive. I found the K&N drop in filters with a 4" duct leading to the stock airbox works really well in these cars and then you have a few hp gains from the filter and a few from the cold air being dumped into the airbox constantly. Does it look as cool? Probably not, but it worked well for my Outlander Sport and it's the same 2.0L 4B11 engine as many of the Lancers. The K&N panel filter that fit mine was the same part number that works in the Evo X, so if it can support 400 crank HP easily it will work fine in a 150-200 crank HP Non-turbo setup.
wouldn;t a full cold air intake, not work in the winter if there is snow? is there such thing as a cold air short intake? Whats the general power gain ?