Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Dyno'd lancers list

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2004, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey yall
i was just wandering i ran a 17 2 in the quarter and all i had done was was a short ram intake
now i went to a injin cai and i got rrm header testpipe intake manifold the greddy cat back exhaust with a b&m short through shifter apexi safc and a set of super lightweight 17 rims with 215 40 r 17 falcon racing tires

i can leave the line at 2gs and not spin a tire im hoping to drop into the low 16 at nopi this year but i need to get it dinoed and tuned first anyone know where i can get that done at perferably somewhere close to central mo around st. louis

oh and does anyone make a disc brake conversion for our rear drum brakes yet or am i gonna have to frankinstein it from an evo
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:17 PM
EvoM Guru

a bit OT, but you'd have a better chance converting rear discs from a ralliart.

don't forget to post back to this thread after you get dyno'd.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:46 PM

well eather way i need to upgrade them they dont work at all to my advantage in the racing i do everytime i slow down too fast they lock up

anyway i am still looking for some help with my dyno tuning anyone know of a place
Old Apr 27, 2004, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

I know this is a bit OT but...ive been trying to make a comparison between our beloved lancers and the Civic Si. If they race, by numbers it doesnt really seems so different. Heres a post i found from other sites (no idea if this is allowed but please let me know if it isnt)...he's got a 99 Civic SI and got Cam gears, Intake, all the NA mods.

99 CIVIC SI Posted:

Yesterday King Motorsports put on a dyno day at CJ Motorsports in West Chicago and I made the trip for some more Hondata tuning. Last week the car went to King for some street tuning so all I needed to do was tune the top end.

I managed to put down 185whp and 130 ft/lbs of torque. Not to bad for my setup. I was not able to mess around with my cam gears much because the cam gear bolts were starting to get stripped out so I did not want to risk messing them up on the dyno. I’m going to replace them with some better bolts and make a trip back to the local dyno in Madison. So I think I can dial in a few more HP next time out. Over all I’m very happy with the tuning King did for me. The car is very responsive at part throttle and rips up top!!! Here is a shot of my chart.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno'd lancers list-32768822-7139-02000180-.jpg  
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man i only wish we could get the lancer to 9k!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Boeturbolancer
Man i only wish we could get the lancer to 9k!
what do you mean? rpm?

Last edited by Punk8981; Apr 27, 2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

the rpm's.... we can't rev our engine that high.. be sweet if we could
Old Apr 27, 2004, 09:19 AM
EvoM Guru

k Ohh yeah it would... man could you imagine the possibilities if we could go to 9k rpm's on the lancer... under boost!! WOW
Old Apr 27, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Punk8981
I know this is a bit OT but...ive been trying to make a comparison between our beloved lancers and the Civic Si. If they race, by numbers it doesnt really seems so different. Heres a post i found from other sites (no idea if this is allowed but please let me know if it isnt)...he's got a 99 Civic SI and got Cam gears, Intake, all the NA mods.

99 CIVIC SI Posted:

Yesterday King Motorsports put on a dyno day at CJ Motorsports in West Chicago and I made the trip for some more Hondata tuning. Last week the car went to King for some street tuning so all I needed to do was tune the top end.

I managed to put down 185whp and 130 ft/lbs of torque. Not to bad for my setup. I was not able to mess around with my cam gears much because the cam gear bolts were starting to get stripped out so I did not want to risk messing them up on the dyno. I’m going to replace them with some better bolts and make a trip back to the local dyno in Madison. So I think I can dial in a few more HP next time out. Over all I’m very happy with the tuning King did for me. The car is very responsive at part throttle and rips up top!!! Here is a shot of my chart.

so what do y'all think of this numbers?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:30 PM
EvoM Guru

torque sucks but the hp is nice... he's really a top end car with that setup.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

so can we smoke him off the line?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:04 PM
EvoM Guru

he'd beat a stock lancer for sure. Even a well moded NA would have a tough time as his hp/tq is higher than most na's. After the line he'll pull on an na lancer big time. If you could get a well moded lancer on a short street you may have a chance to win but if it is anything over 2 tenths of a mile i'd say he'd win.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 12:39 AM

hey im still waiting on a reply about a place to dyno around st. louis missouri or surrounding areas and does anyone know hom much a dyno tune costs oh and as far as civics go i got a buddy thats got a 02 thats got exhaust cai and a header and something done to the ignition not sure what oh and he also has a vafc and we have raced many times and i always beat him by at least 2 if not 3 cars and since i got my new rubber i hook up better so i bet i would beat him eaver better now so i dont know what else that other civic has but i would think that i would be able to keep up if not beet him too oh and the motor in my buddies civic is the 1.6 dohc vetec so not sure ut he knows how to drive it to its kind of funny i give him **** about it all the time but really i need to find a dyno place close and ballpark figures on the cost thanks yall
Old Apr 28, 2004, 08:27 AM
EvoM Guru

most dyno's charge 80-100 bucks and hour for tuning. This includes all your dyno pull's etc. As for someplace close i can't help you there. Try a yellow pages search for dyno's?
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EDIT - already covered in the thread.

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Jun 25, 2004 at 08:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd lancers list