Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Everyone Should Read This!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2002, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see 3 forms of street racing: 1) redlight sprints 2) zip-zagging through traffic 3) organized or semi-organized illegal racing with some sort of flaggers.

The latter two I don't like or ever want to participate. Of course, everyone is guilty on the 1st form of racing whether someone throwing revs or not or some **** hole blocking you in a suicide lane (merging 2 into one - you know the drill).

"The smallest object might seem miles away, but at that rate of speed it could creep up on u in an instant."

That's not exactly true, unless boosting or maintaining +80 to 100 mph on a road. Besides, most roads in the US cannot contain those speed or on bad weather.

"they dont have the right to be driving at high speeds there anyway."

It's not my job to decide/warn them. It's their decision to take their own life or others if they believe in their god-like abilities.

Just like drinking and driving. It's a futile attempt to warn/scare them. No amount of property damage or carnage on film will deter their behavior. US citizens are not responsible like poeple in Euro.

The same with anti-drug films or morge visits. People still take drugs.

The same can be applied to people driving w/o insurance or revoked license. When they get into an accident, they cause untold misery to others too. Do most care if they go to jail? Probably not. It's the innocent who suffers more. Do you think the insurance company want to help you if an uninsured or revoked licensed motorist slams into you, especially having none of those coverage? Good luck. The insurance company will screw you and your family members if they feel it's in their best interest.

Plain and simple. It's a harsh world, and no amount of education will deter inexperience driver from doing their reckless or careless driving.

As for track racing either pro or semi-pro, there are so many variables against it. Cost. Location.

Also, people are afraid they suck so bad in front of their peers and not bother to do so anyways. Remember a lot of people like to gain cool pts amongst their peers . . . talk a lot of stuff and act tough, but they can't prove a thing . . . gotta maintain an image type of mentaility.

With that in mind, do you think a lot of people with huge stereo, wings, glow sticks all over the place, or too big exhaust tips want to compete in a real track experience (where they can embarass themselves and be laughed at)? They rather maintain their image in the latter two whether made up or real experience.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

did i read right? the mother in the minivan was the only one wearing a seatbelt? well. there is nothing i hate more than when i see little kids not wearing their seatbelt in the car and the parent doesn't feel the need to make them wear it. to me this isn't a case against racing, it's more a case against wearing your seat belt and being smart. not one person was wearing their seat belt, hell air bags were even removed. this is just plain stupidity. i agree racing on crowded streets is dumb. racing when there isn't enough room to race is especially dumb. but driving without being smart, not being safe, is just suicide. i feel bad that this happened, but everyone (especially the kids cause they don't know any better) should have been wearing seat belts.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

bahamut, . Dead on. People will always race and stupid people will always cause accidents. Hell, I think most people in the world should have their licences revoked, including me.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 09:22 PM

that is sad...
Old Nov 28, 2002, 09:43 PM

Well I realy dont want to turn this topic into a debating forum. I just want everyone to use what i have wrote as a lesson, and what you gain from that lesson is up to you and only you.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 10:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I think the best point to make would be you could prevent things like this possibly happening again by not doing it yourself. You could probably sum it up with "Do yourself and everyone on the road around you a favor by not doing stupid ****". Look past the specfics and into the general.

And yes, the kids should have been wearing seatbelts. Everyone should. Same story. Do it yourself and you may save a life.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

See, I agree with the previous two statements. It's up to an individual to learn his/her lessons in life. Some may be smart out of fear or guilt while others don't give a damn to maintain an image.

Also, just because you drive safely, it doesn't mean some dork-wad or others won't slam into you doing something stupid. In this situation, you can just hope you have enough skill and experience to buffer the blow and not veer into oncoming traffic.

Overall, my point is not to condone either racing or not. I know it exists and cannot control other's behavior. A crusading mentality does not help the matter too. If people get the message, great. If not, oh o.

BTW: Also, the 'maro guy was wearing his belt . . . guessed he was booked since he was the only survivor at the cause of the scene from such horrific accident.

BTW II: Just like I believe, whenever the E7, 8, or 9 comes to US shores, I'm willing to bet at least 3 EVO's will be totalled within the first week of sales. Then, someone will cry foul that the EVO is "unsafe at any speed" (a phrase coined by Ralph Nader). Well, you know the dril afterwards. Knee-jerk everywhere.

Last edited by bahamut; Nov 29, 2002 at 08:22 AM.