Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

re wire signals?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re wire signals?

i was wondering how to reverse how the signals work in the front, i want them to stay on when i want them on and when i turn my actual turn signal on they funtion normally... but i dont know how to do it, i love how the car looks with both front blinkers on.

Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Jul 14, 2005, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck with that one...
Old Jul 14, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uh... fog lights with those bulbs? lol, no jk.
You would have to find some little relay switch type thing that does both of those functions. But then I don't know how you would get it to work by using the turn signals inside your car. You might have to run a separate switch from them to the battery in a little loop. Ok, from the battery to a switch. Switch to the positive wire for the turn signals (both-- splice in, don't cut thru). Then run that crap to ground. Turn on the lights when you want them, but when you have to go make a turn, you would have to flip them off in order for the turn signal to work right.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

actually i was thinkin about it today, and just switchin the wires for the parking lights and signals would work. so the parking lights will be turn signals, and the signals will be parking lights, i think it'd look HOTT.

opinion?
Old Jul 14, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that might actually work for you.. except the wires might be smaller or something and have different fuses. You would have to check the fuse panel to make sure, and see how the wiring is. But I doubt those little bulbs would draw that much power. Its worth a shot. Cut and solder the different connectors on each others wiring. Let us know how it goes. That might be cool looking.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

aint it all 12v? so it should work, if not i'll run a wire from the signals on the side to the parking lights, theyre the same bulbs so it should work out good... i'll try it when it stops raining, and when i have the time, although it shouldnt take that long...
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

comments? suggestions? or should i just go for it and if it works do a write up?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:31 PM

This is why I'll never buy a used car, you never know what has been done to it. It could be done but why? It won't pass safety inspection and it's plain dangerous. They the lights in places so you can see them not so you switch them around. Also if you don't do things correctly with a possible difference in current with the wire and your fuse is small enough to pop when needed, you're talking a wiring nightmare. I was always told if you can't say nothing nice don't say anything at all but thats plain dumb. I've worked in a car audio shop for 6 years now and some of the ghetto wiring jobs people do it's a miricle that more cars don't catch on fire.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

i figured the most that would happen is a light would blow... not all that... i might try to do it to my friends lancer... its just a parts car now... it got rolled by a plow