Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

OZ Rally Turn Signal Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OZ Rally Turn Signal Bulbs

So.. I see this thread has kind of been touched before.. but not "TRULY" answered... so I'm starting a new thread for this topic.....

I have a OZ Rally and I know that the front and back turn signal bulbs are a PY21W... which are easy to find if you want an AMBER color. I on the other hand.. i do not what AMBER bumbs..... my question to all of you is.... HAS ANYONE FOUND WHITE BULBS THAT ARE PY21W? If so, obviously I want to know... where at?

I also know that Phillips makes a SilverVision bulb, but if you read it carefully enough the outside appears silver and the bulbs lights up as amber. I know that all white bulbs are possible for the PY21W. I know a guy in Chicago that had all white bulbs for his turning signals. Only problem is I don't live in Chicago and no where in the QC Area sells PY21W bulbs in white, nor can they order them for me.

Oh and I know making them white can "technically" be considered as illegal, but I really don't care. My corner lights (within the headlight set-up) are led red and my side markers are nightshaded (blacked out) with a white bulb. My car is already "technically" illegal and I don't get messed with.

So... yeah... anyone know of where I can find a WHITE PY21W turn signal bulb?

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

where'd you get that part number?

the list that's been on this forum for a long while has them as 1156

the cross referrence here http://superbrightleds.com/bulb_cross.htm lists all the bulb types that can replace it.

My guess is that the number you are using is an actual part number, not the bulb type.

on this page http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=CAR
you could get LED replacements for the bulbs

here's a plain clear 1156 bulb too
http://www.bulbs.com/products/produc...inventory=9233
Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

I just got some clear bulbs that had one of the prongs on the side that I needed and sanded the other one away. I decided to do that since it's a little offset and I just wanted my clear bulbs already... Not really sure how safe it is, but its been like that for 6 months now, through rain and shine and nothing wrong with it yet.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

i have white turn signal bulbs...got them at autozone....not too hard to find.

Search further next time.

And the USE of BOLD letters and colors and ITALICSISNT helping

Just playin man

Last edited by camaro379ss; Apr 27, 2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

the part number is PY21W, and so is the type.. thats what my manual says....

the 1156 bulb is the copy of it but the prongs are right across from each other and not offset. i've gone to autozone, advanced auto parts, o'reilly's, and a foreign car part store no where in my area has the bulb i need.

so yeah i know what i'm talking about. just take out your bulb and or the manual and you will see that the bulb is a PY21W not an 1156. the 1156 won't fit in the socket.. i've tired to fit the 1156 bulb right there at autozone, it didn't work. telling me to look further is crap... every store is going to be slightly different from the next depending on the area. the stores here happen to suck!

twardOZRALLY your oz rally is the same year as mine and you should have the same bulb as i do.. the PY21w. SERIOUSLY, just check the bulb itself or the manual.

camaro379ss i'll use colors and bold and whatever else i want. i've seen the other thread like this and it really didn't answer anything. and i'm not a guy i'm a girl.

oh and twardOZRALLY thanks for the site with the led bulbs, because they offer white, red, and amber colored led's. which helps me because i just need a white bulb (or in this case a white led).. i'm just concerned about the fact of the prongs possibly being right across from one another with the 1156 and the 1157 and not offset like i need.

i rather not just sand one prong down i know it can't be that safe. and i just rather not do that.

Last edited by Lily03; Apr 27, 2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lily03
camaro379ss i'll use colors and bold and whatever else i want. i've seen the other thread like this and it really didn't answer anything. and i'm not a guy i'm a girl.

There is no way they fiton everyone elses car and not urs. And you need to take it down a notch i was just messin around but since u want to be like that then,

The US code for PY21 is 7506, which if you look at the cross reference chart provided in the link below....you will see that they are 1156s, they do fit and do work.If you still dont believe me then PY21W is 7507 which is 1056 try those then..

Maybe you can learn more about lights to know this stuff or be able to find(not hard try the internet first) and
TRY SEARCHING and actually reading everything first to understand.

I have the exact same car u do down to the very color and ur question has already been answered.

1156's work i am using them in my car now...they fit and work end of problem.

this site is a giant research tool...i guess we need instructions so that new people can harness the power it provides with us lancer people.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42034

Link to the other conversion(left hand column)
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...ostid=22843098

Last edited by camaro379ss; Apr 27, 2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

okay i know more than most chick in my area know.. so where the hell do you get off telling me that maybe i need to learn more. you need to stop being so cocky and more helpful. because your still missing my whole point... every area store is going to have different parts depending on the demand of that certain part. in my area the turning signal in a oz rally isn't all that needed. there aren't a whole lot of oz rally's here. second of all i know the 1156 and the 1157 don't work. not only did i try but the guy at the store.. i'm not a freaking idiot. i've ordered and found tons of different parts for my car, and no offense but i'm doing pretty damn good if you ask me. **i wasn't trying to come off the wrong way, but you also don't need to try and "joke" around with me or tell me to look farther because that was you acting cocky right there.. like you know everything by telling me to look futher. i've been looking for this bulb for a long time now and no lucky... its getting more and more annoying each day. and the only reason i got defensive is because around my area most guys don't think females know enough to be in the car scene or be working on them. well i've pulled my weight for a long time now to know what i do and to be where i'm at. YES there is more i can learn but still there is stuff everyone can learn. and i'm glad you and me have the same car but we sure as heck don't live in the same area to have the same store selling and having the parts (or in the this case bulb). the 7506 and 7507 isn't even offered at any store... so how do you think that helps me camaro379ss? see it all just goes back to my point of every store is different. none of the stores around here carry the 1156 or 1157 that will fit into the socket without losing on of the prongs. and the 7506 and 7507 aren't carried around here.

telling me about the 7506 and 7507 helps because i'll start searches for that instead of PY21W. so thanks. that helps and yes now the question has been SOMEWHAT answered. because if you read the rest of this thread no one else brought up the 7506 or 7507 until you just mentioned it.

look i'm not trying to come off as a b*tch just i'm sick of people telling me to give up because i'm a chick or because i don't have a turbo car. alright, people are different in all different areas and treat people differently. people where you live might need certain parts like the PY21W or 7506 or 7507 or whatever.. but the stores in my area DON'T!!!

SO SERIOUSLY JUST BACK OFF ME. I JUST WANTED A LIL HELP AND ALL I DO IS GET JUDGE. WTF SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Alright camaro376ss you came off as a jerk/ cocky to me so I just gave it right back.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

seriously Everytime I Need Help With Something And I Post A Thread On Here I Get Bashed.. Just Because I'm A Chick Doesn't Mean Anything! I Wish People Would Help Me More And Not Be So Cocky With Me At The Same Time.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Its not me knowing everything by telling u to look further...its the rules of the site...noobs clog up this site with posts over and over again b/c they dont bother to read... at first i defended new people like urself...but after 3 yrs of seeing the same posts over and over again, b/c i am on this site everyday...it got old..all the info you have needed has been posted on this before, ur just too impatient and think everyone is wrong...you have the info you need and it is right...if i need to do a pic by pic frame for you on how to install a freakin light bulb then i will, cause it seems like you need that much help.

Now that all the info has been provided to you, you dont agree with it...its all correct but you are expecting a certain answer from someone, and that someone is never gonna come because the very first reply to your thread held all the correct info you need to CHANGE A F***ING LIGHT BULB.

If you cant figure out how to change the light bulb...let me know i will write up a how to for you so you will know how.....Obviously they make cars weird in Iowa b/c these bulbs work in everyone elses car in every other state but yours apparently.

So there is no need for this thread to go on.

PS- i didnt say go out and look 7506 or 7507, if you would actually look at the links i provided you would see that there are different ones that work in place of it.

Last edited by camaro379ss; Apr 27, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

as far as you being a chick, I was unaware until you mentioned it

for looking at my car, I no longer have the OEM headlights, so that's not an option.

did you ever try searching? and I don't mean just here. google is an amazing tool, use it.

Every single thing I can find with PY21W says it is an amber bulb. That would mean that number is specific to the amber color. I even found several sites that referrence it as a 7507 as well.

If stores in your area don't have it, just order it on the web. You're already here. If it doesn't work, you're out 15 or 20 bucks, oh well. Or, just return them, sell em to someone else, etc.

fin.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

1156 do not fit, but if you do sand off one of the prongs on the side, you're able to fit it with ease and no problems after install, i've done this with my lancer oz and the outlander
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

camaro379ss... i never asked you to defend me i ask for peoples help. and i can see you still an *** because i don't need a f*cking map. i read the other thread posted about this and the bulb that was mentioned was the 1156 and the 1157. you can ask my f*cking ex bf he was here the night i read the thread and was searching for my bulb. and you might want to take two steps back before you f*cking disrespect iowa anymore. granite this state does suck sometimes, but i don't control what auto part stores carry and what they don't. and this thread will go on until they close it.. you don't have any say to close a thread I STARTED! your such a smart *** you know that. i was actually going to try and call a truths with you but no... screw that because your still being a jerk and think you know everything. so what if you search and read the forums everyday... that just means you read the forums a lot... big deal. stop trying to make me sound stupid... i just can't find the f*cking part i need.. least i know how to "TRY" and help people...

oh and i know you didn't tell me to go look for the 7506 or 7507, but did you stop and think by searching for those bulbs than maybe it might get me closer to finding the right bulb that i do need. i've searched on the web, and i've search thru the threads for help but obviously can't get much help from people (on here) that just want to refer to me as stupid. alright i can bet you i'm not the only person that has had a problem finding the clear bulb that works with the offset socket on the oz rally. some just probably give up. you try drawing me and map and all its going to do is **** me off even more. camaro379ss if this thread bothers you so much.. STOP F*CKING READING IT... COMMON SENSE! seriously, i wanted to call a truth and now I'm just going to ask you nicely to stop posting on this thread because your pissing me off and NOT helping me!

I posted this thread to get help, not to f*cking get verbally abused by some smart *** in OH. You and I don't even live in the same state, which means your auto part stores IS NOT GOING TO BE LIKE MINE AND HAVE THE SAME PARTS!!! You and I may have the same car, but that doesn't mean anything because I'm sure you've done a totally different path with what you want the car to do than I have.

For the last time the 1156 and 1157 DO NOT FIT! I'm not sanding down any of the prongs and chancing something happening. Too many of my friends cars have gone down with minor problems, and I rather not be another one in the long list. Granite all of there cars are running again and are fine, with my lucky who knows.

camaro379ss i've had a rough month and you know i just try getting help and knowledge on getting me one step closer with getting my car how i want it to be and you just got to come along and be ***.. seriously... i don't know you and you don't know me. your suppose to helo me and all you've done is tell me that some bulb the that doesn't work is suppose to fit and i'm just stupid. seriously come to iowa and i'll prove it to you.. you jerk. if you have such a hate and problem with me than don't read my thread!

twardOZRALLY proves my point camaro379ss that you calling me a man can be and was taken in the wrong way. if you seriously want to call a truths than fine.. if not get off the thread please.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Closed, due to Lily03 violating site rules.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/announcement.php?f=9