Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

My little Mitsu adventure.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2004, 02:00 PM
jtc
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My little Mitsu adventure.

Posted this to my blog today. I'm not pissed off about it, but I just thought it'd be a funny/interesting story to share with everyone.

The guys at the dealership are actually pretty great, and do good work, I guess everyone has bad days.

I just had the most interesting experience at my dealership. I took my car in for a routine oil change and tire rotation, and picked up my car during my lunch hour.

As I'm pulling out of the dealership, I hear my tire flopping. Damn it, I'm thinking, they forgot to inflate my tires back up, so I turn around to go back and get them fixed.

Just as I'm turning into the dealership, my car stops suddenly, and I hear a heavy "thunk" from the back. I put the hazard lights on, and step out of my car to be met by the most incomprehensible sight. My car's back left is sitting on the road, propped up on the suspension, my body kit is loose, and my tire is sitting there, wedged into the wheel well.

Upon closer inspection, someone had completely forgotten to bolt the rear left tire. Not ONE nut on any of the tire bolts.

This has been by far my most interesting car experience to date. God forbid I had to get on the highway to get back to work.

UPDATE:

I called the general manager about the incident, and he called me back to say that they'd put me in a rental for the weekend. After they finish repairs, they'll send my car in for a full alignment fix ($80), reimburse me for the work I did with them today ($60), and give me some parts I ordered free ($40).

Wow, $180 for putting my life in mortal danger. I gotta get in on this action more often. Yeah right. Anyway, I'm going to drop the issue, because I genuinely like the guys at the dealership, and I appreciate that they didn't try to screw around with me and make excuses. Honesty goes a long way with me.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 02:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I need to use your dealership. Mine is not even close to being that nice or apologetic when they **** up.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 02:44 PM
i45
Evolving Member

JTC Who is your dealer? I need a dealer like that too! I live in Toronto/Brampton so its sol goode 2 get there!
Old Jan 17, 2004, 03:02 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's really pretty good treatment I'd say. A lot of places would just mount the wheel on properly and call it a day.
Old Jan 17, 2004, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the local dealership would have just denied working on my car and shredded all paperwork! ha
Old Jan 19, 2004, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

ya gotta love

but then if you don't want to drive a civic then your pwned by mitsu