Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

RRM Piggyback ECU Review (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andymilonkis453
How much HP does the piggyback add? Also, I have a short ram, rrm headers, high flow cat, and rrm pulley. Do you think ill feel a difference with the piggyback?
Piggyback will bring out the most in all of the other stuff you have. You will definetly feel the difference. Expect 10ish % gains. Good thing is it will increase power from 3000-6000 rpm, not just top end power. Great mod.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ROCK
Piggyback will bring out the most in all of the other stuff you have. You will definetly feel the difference. Expect 10ish % gains. Good thing is it will increase power from 3000-6000 rpm, not just top end power. Great mod.

ROAD/RACE
Great mod indeed, Had the RRM piggy on my 02 Lancer, which was fairly modded. If you highway drive alot you will feel it when you step on it.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Agree. All the Lancer versions of the piggy are quite good and well worth a go. thnx.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 10, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

I recently purchased a piggyback for a 2002 auto lancer and I wanted to know which version it was. I was told that there is a number located on the front of the piggyback and that the number can determine the version. The number on my piggyback is PSC1.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 03:18 PM

I've recently installed the RRM piggy back and am looking to increase the fuel delivered to the engine to see if it'll help the "starving" I seem to be noticing in lower RPMs. It seems to really kick after 3500 rpm in each gear. Prior to that, the engine is seeming to want more, but is not getting enough fuel (guess) to put out that power when I floor it. I'm still within that "learning period" with the piggy back ECU stuff (>50 miles). Just curious how large of a fuel injector I should consider purchasing. Seems like most people without a turbo setup dont exceed 400cc. Also plan to purchase/change out spark plugs in conjunction since it's been awhile. I have a 03 OZ Rally with NA setup. Should be putting on a RRM Street front brake kit within the next week as well. Great products.

Current mods as follows:
- Kamikaze Headers
- RRM Front Sway Bar
- DC Sports CAI
- Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
- RRM Piggy Back

Again, looking at increasing from stock fuel injectors (240cc I believe) to something a bit larger to supply more fuel to my current set up. Any spark plug recommendations are appreciated as well (even though I've already done my research). Looking forward to any input as I continue to research the possibilities

EDIT: I'm 60miles in now with the piggy back installed and it's still feeling a bit lumpy in the lower (>3k) rpm range. The power after that 3.5k rpm point is noticeable and nice though. So far satisfied with the product, but hope it continues to improve.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I doubt you're maxing out the stock injectors, at all. You haven't done anything to substantially increase the power so I suspect something else is wrong, like a clogged injector or just a ****ty tune.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think logically, of its fine at high rpm then you are certainly getting enough fuel. Replacing injectors is a dumb idea, you are not close to maxing out the stock ones. If you're unhappy with the piggy back then get rid of it and get a real tune instead.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the input guys. My spark plugs haven't been replaced in awhile so I'm going to go ahead with that and see if the responsiveness increases over a few more miles with the RRM piggy back. I've ran some fuel system/injector cleaner through there after install too, but well see.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the plugs are old or the wires are worn that could definitly cause issues at low rpm under high load.