Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

What did you do to your Lancer today

Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilentCool
Lol I do the same thing. I have the kit in the trunk, will most likely change it in a few days.
Where could I get this kit? I would rather not break another stem on a different control I just got lol.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SilentCool
Any gains over stock with the Magnaflow or is it pretty much the same?

pretty much the same, I dd my car... I do love the stainless steel over the cast material. one thing is the new header has no mounts for a heat shield, so you might have to wrap it wit header wrap or you can leave it as is like I did. to make it stealth, I sprayed it with vht hi-temp paint
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I managed to get rid of the CEL. Installed the IM I got from the junkyard, retained the MAP sensor, hoses, valves excluding the EGR, which I bought new previously. Of course before installing I did another thorough cleaning. I hope it stays away! So far so good :thumbsup:

Removal:

Clean & Prep for install:

Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jamonroe
Where could I get this kit? I would rather not break another stem on a different control I just got lol.
Got mines on ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw...d=390528941513
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After having my bumper held together with zip ties all winter it's good to have the new bumper and fender on. Now I just have to get around to installing my morimoto halos and cleaning out my engine bay for spring.
Btw quick poll who thinks I should put my new fender stripes on. They say lancer on them and they are an FIA style stripe. If you don't know what they look like just google FIA stripes.

Oh and a while ago I finished off full 2.5" exhaust with a turbopack muffler. No biggy cept gains.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Lancer today-image.jpg  
Old Mar 23, 2015, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by W1NST0N
After having my bumper held together with zip ties all winter it's good to have the new bumper and fender on. Now I just have to get around to installing my morimoto halos and cleaning out my engine bay for spring.
Btw quick poll who thinks I should put my new fender stripes on. They say lancer on them and they are an FIA style stripe. If you don't know what they look like just google FIA stripes.

Oh and a while ago I finished off full 2.5" exhaust with a turbopack muffler. No biggy cept gains.
I'm curious to see how those stripes look! I've thought about putting them on my car, just haven't worked on size and what not because I would just plastidip them on there.. what kind of exhaust did u get??
Old Mar 23, 2015, 06:47 PM

I'm curious to see how those stripes look! I've thought about putting them on my car, just haven't worked on size and what not because I would just plastidip them on there.. what kind of exhaust did u get??
4-2-1 headers to a custom glasspax test pipe to an n1 catback with a turbopax muffler. I chopped it up so much I don't even want to think how many hours I have in making it just right. I had a twin loop on for a while but it was way too loud for my taste. This way my car still has a presence without saying "look at me."
The new bumper I got is for an 0z rally so i need the front lip and I'm not too keen on getting it from the dealer. Help me Evolutionm, you're my only hope.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:46 PM

Installed the last part i needed to get on the road. A 12" slim fan. thank god it fit around the stock location. Its tight by the UIC pipe but its there. Finally get to drive it for once since i got it back in august.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by W1NST0N
The new bumper I got is for an 0z rally so i need the front lip and I'm not too keen on getting it from the dealer. Help me Evolutionm, you're my only hope.
Very hard to come by. Keep trying craigslist. I think that may be your best bet.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rukahs
Installed the last part i needed to get on the road. A 12" slim fan. thank god it fit around the stock location. Its tight by the UIC pipe but its there. Finally get to drive it for once since i got it back in august.
Very nice, congrats man. Enjoy the drives.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:26 AM

Got the morimotos in this morning.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Lancer today-image.jpg  
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Was the swap pretty easy? Any modification you have to do to the housing? I thought about doing this to mine eventually. Also want to do my evo
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
Was the swap pretty easy? Any modification you have to do to the housing? I thought about doing this to mine eventually. Also want to do my evo
The retrofit itself is fairly easy. There's a write up on it on the site. The trick is getting the halos to stay in place, then there is the matter of sealing the headlight. That gets tricky. Do not attempt without thorough research.
I didn't like just having the single halo so I converted the turn sigs to DRL's with switchbacks for a dual lit look. As far as I know I'm the first to do so, I may be wrong. Sorta went off on a tangent there.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:02 PM

Didn't do anything huge today, but I just changed my dome light to an led bulb. It actually makes a huge difference actually. Definitely worth it.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Didn't do anything huge today, but I just changed my dome light to an led bulb. It actually makes a huge difference actually. Definitely worth it.
Nice, you should try the reverse lights & dash lights also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Lancer today