Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

What did you do to your Lancer today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeBit!
To me it sounds like a lot of money for a resistor lol. It probably wires inline to an IAT sensor and tricks it into thinking it's colder so it dumps more fuel..
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just actually ordered the rrm piggyback v.2 from a guy off of eBay. It was only 20$ compared to the 399$ brand new from them. I should get it within the next few days and will prolly hook it up this weekend. From what I have read and what not, these rrm ones are really good. So we'll see soon. Can't wait. I also have to replace my driver's side outer tie rod end. Which will prolly b tomorrow nights job.
Old May 1, 2015, 08:23 AM

This was more of yestersay, but anyway... I replaced my outer tie rod end on the driver's side because it was definitely worn out and done for. Was pretty easy job to do. And then after that I received my rrm piggyback ecu I got from a guy on ebay. I installed it last night after I finished the tie rod. That piggyback really changed a lot. I have better throttle response, and in all range of rpms I have a solid pull, instead of just the high end I had before. So for now I'm really satisfied with the piggyback. It's Been a blast so far for me lol. Haven't really been able to punch it and see what it can do, but I can definitely tell a difference with it.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jamonroe
This was more of yestersay, but anyway... I replaced my outer tie rod end on the driver's side because it was definitely worn out and done for. Was pretty easy job to do. And then after that I received my rrm piggyback ecu I got from a guy on ebay. I installed it last night after I finished the tie rod. That piggyback really changed a lot. I have better throttle response, and in all range of rpms I have a solid pull, instead of just the high end I had before. So for now I'm really satisfied with the piggyback. It's Been a blast so far for me lol. Haven't really been able to punch it and see what it can do, but I can definitely tell a difference with it.
thanx for posting the results of the piggyback. my daughter's car seems like it need something down low as it just doesn't accelerate the way I think it should. you have to put too much of your foot in it to get it to go more. may have to look into what you got, but definitely cannot afford $400 for one.
Old May 1, 2015, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
no clu , looks cheap.. more than free to try tho for us haha... but I bet rrm one for lancers is much better one....

but back to topic, I recoated my hood with black paint the other day, came out ok considering the hood changed hands 3 times when I bought it...
Old May 1, 2015, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
no clu , looks cheap.. more than free to try tho for us haha... but I bet rrm one for lancers is much better one....

but back to topic, I recoated my hood with black paint the other day, came out ok considering the hood changed hands 3 times when I bought it...
post up some pics of how it came out!!

as to the chip, I will probably try one...looking at several different ones right now. I can't afford the rrm one..I am sure it is good, I just can't pay that kind of money for it. so I will post up what I get and how it works, whenever I do.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

post up some pics of how it came out!!

as to the chip, I will probably try one...looking at several different ones right now. I can't afford the rrm one..I am sure it is good, I just can't pay that kind of money for it. so I will post up what I get and how it works, whenever I do.

prolly should of posted that earlier.. here it is.. not perfect but for the condition
that the hood is in, I think its fine and im fine with it... As you can see the rattle can swirlies overall I think it turned out ok....
didn't even sand it between coats but I did clean the hood before I started and scuffed the hood with 3m scotch pad.
What you prolly cant see is the stress crack marks that are present all over the hood. but no physical cracks are present on the hood and im glad for that

front bumper needs some tlc too along with rest of the car from the clear coat cancer spots.. im doing one at a time. in the end as long as it ends
up with one shade of yellow, im happy with that....

Last edited by OZR_Lancer; May 1, 2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old May 2, 2015, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

from that pic, looks great. nice work!!!
Old May 2, 2015, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

from that pic, looks great. nice work!!!
ty..
Old May 5, 2015, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

considering the header and mid pipe that comes with it. looks like it has o2 bungs, but I figure with no cats, the cel is going to come on. without a tuner, no way to switch it off.
Old May 15, 2015, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Working on new fender panels on the lancer, passenger one comes in tomorrow...
This is still wet from wetsanding using 1000grit paper.... gonna do one more coat tomorrow... wetsand then clear coat it...

would you believe this came from a can of....

Yes, im gonna do this from front to back .....
Old May 16, 2015, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

wow, that came out great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 16, 2015, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed a a front strut bar to my car!
Old May 21, 2015, 12:37 PM

Replaced my alternator belt and power steering belt the other day because the ones i had were going out. And after that me and a buddy pulled the front bumper off and put in a 22" led light bar. Its extremely bright. And looks killer in general lol. The next day me and another buddy went cruising and tearing down some old rock roads and had fun and he took some pictures. They turned out pretty good.

Last edited by Jamonroe; May 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old May 28, 2015, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

\
well luck wasnt my side, panels got messed up when i cleared them, dunno how as i took every precaution.... so after think it over i just gave and took it into shop ( on fri ) for whole repaint etc... shops around town wanted 7k for paint and body.. So i ended up going to, yes macco.. thy were most flexable i found and affordable... as i wasnt tooking for anything fancy /high end, just wanted a factory paint job.. gonna go for their middle option that has a 3 year warrenty....

i saved some money cause it would be cheaper to paint it all lightning yellow cause thy wanted $150 just to black out the diffuser of my evo 9 bumper and same for the front lip and trunk lol... so thy told me it be cheaper that way and i could just paint the rear bumper black my self

i doubt ill have pics this weekend but when i get car, ill share...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Lancer today