Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How To: Apexi Neo SAFC Install

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To: Apexi Neo SAFC Install

Ok so i bought a Neo about 4 months ago. as i looked through the wiring guide i quickly realized that base lancers weren't listed in there. so i called apexi and they couldn't help me. so i started to do ALOT of research and i have finally figured it all out even though it was in the book the whole time. the way to do it is quite simple here is a diagram with all the information you will need. On the diagram just follow the info for the 4g93 Engine, ours is setup basically the same.
then for the actual install
1. Unhook the Battery
2. remove glove box
3. remove the black plastic shield to reveal the ECU
4. Now i found it easier to unplug the wire harness from the ECU while i was soldering in the neo. And i also suggest soldering over the wire connectors they provide for you.
5. Put it all back.
when you turn it on and you are going through the setup, the sensor setting is karman and all you have to do is select it from the list then press previous then you are good to go! thanks.
Attached Thumbnails How To: Apexi Neo SAFC Install-apexi-neo-install.jpg   How To: Apexi Neo SAFC Install-ecu-diagram.jpg  

Last edited by alkatraz05; Apr 1, 2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah thats a good hint while installing an safc ... get some heat shrink, a soldering iron, some solder, heat gun, electrical tape and goto town on it. i soldered all mine on my eclipse and we used crimp on connectors on my friends and it kept having problems and we went back in there and soldered it like it suppose to be.