Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Exhaust Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Exhaust Questions

ahh another exhaust question on a car forum, what a classic

I bought a 2011 mitsubishi lancer gt (2.4L, 5 speed manual) from a crash auction (it was just hail damage, saved me some money), and I have fixed the car up, the only problem with the car is the exhaust. It's a magnaflow but I have no idea which model, just know it has a lovely tip and axelback. Anyway the problem is that my exhaust literally sounds like a blender on high, like a very small child with a high voice kind of exhaust. Almost sounds like its just air going through it, very strange sound. It doesn't sound like a loud fart cannon, i've personally never heard of an exhaust sound like this, neither have any of my friends. The thing is I don't wanna get a new exhaust and throw away the magnaflow (don't wanna sell due to rust on it, as the car came from colorado, which also explains the hail damage), I simply want to deepen and improve the exhaust note. The thing I was thinking of was adding a cold-air intake, or maybe unequal length headers? Will this help deepen my tone or transform me into a fart box civic boy? Has anybody had any trouble with their Magnaflow exhaust sounding like this?

relatively new into the car scene, and just looking for helpful suggestions

Last edited by I tuk; Oct 7, 2017 at 08:18 PM.