Notices

I need advice!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need advice!

I need advice, I'm trying to decide on the car to pick. I don't know whether I want a 04 eclipse or a 06 Lancer ES. Both are the same price but Im not sure which would be better, I'm leaning more towards the Lancer personally. Which ever car I get I plan on putting mods on it.

If I did pick the Lancer what should I start off with on mods?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HilfigerSwaggar
I need advice, I'm trying to decide on the car to pick. I don't know whether I want a 04 eclipse or a 06 Lancer ES. Both are the same price but Im not sure which would be better, I'm leaning more towards the Lancer personally. Which ever car I get I plan on putting mods on it.

If I did pick the Lancer what should I start off with on mods?
is the price of the car a factor?
if i were you though, i would look around for a Ralliart.
imo, eclipse and es is no match to the RA...
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Well it depends on what you want in a car hilfiger. Are you wanting a sportier car, a passenger car, something thats fast, something you can put a body kit on, something for a big stereo system, or maybe just something that looks nice. What are you wanting to do with your car and we can help you make a choice. However I probably wouldnt get either if your looking for a fast car. Like rzrxn said if your wanting sporty, faster look for a ralliart. if your just looking for a beater to get to work, and maybe haul around some friends the lancer will do fine. If you wanting something sporty but want a stereo or look cool factor i'd probably go ahead and get the eclipse, which you could still do with the lancer or the ralliart but in my experience (and in my area) eclipses are more popular and thus more parts are readily accessible.

Figure out what it is you want from your car and let us know. We might be able to help you make a choice.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Well it depends on what you want in a car hilfiger. Are you wanting a sportier car, a passenger car, something thats fast, something you can put a body kit on, something for a big stereo system, or maybe just something that looks nice. What are you wanting to do with your car and we can help you make a choice. However I probably wouldnt get either if your looking for a fast car. Like rzrxn said if your wanting sporty, faster look for a ralliart. if your just looking for a beater to get to work, and maybe haul around some friends the lancer will do fine. If you wanting something sporty but want a stereo or look cool factor i'd probably go ahead and get the eclipse, which you could still do with the lancer or the ralliart but in my experience (and in my area) eclipses are more popular and thus more parts are readily accessible.

Figure out what it is you want from your car and let us know. We might be able to help you make a choice.
I think I'm going with the Lancer, but I want to make it faster and add a good speaker system. From what I read a lot of people start with a new intake. Is that the first I should add to it? Or something else? So I not worry too much about engine upgrades?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Well if your getting the Lancer ES you might want to talk to the guys in the Lancer forums about it. They will be able to tell you more and explain your options better. This is the Ralliart board. Looks similar on the outside, but has a different motor and suspension under the hood.

Good luck with your car!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
a lancer ES is slower than any 3g eclipse in existence...for the price of a lancer ES or eclipse you could probably buy a 2g eclipse that has been well maintained and already has a sound system...even a 2g GS-T is better than any 3g or 4g eclipse...if you want speed, broaden your horizons...
Old Apr 8, 2013, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have a pretty fast car for sale....just saying.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 08:41 AM

Test Drive an RA

Unless you are capped by money and wanting a car outside of your price range, (don't we all), I would strongly suggest
at least test drive an RalliArt:
It's base set up allows you to move with out gulping gas,
Is the same engine (09' + ) as the Evo for mod potential,
Fair to agressive styling for a 4 door,
Plenty of room to upgrade stereo equipment, (some already have the optional Rockford Fosgate system), to appease your stereo appetite for a little while.

IMO the RA is a great platform at a really good price and it's exactly why I bought one.

edit:
A nice SRT4 Neon (03' - 05') that is not beat/modded all to hell is a pretty fast ride for the money and most have a premium Kicker system already in them too.

Last edited by austinja; Apr 12, 2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: adding info
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by austinja
Unless you are capped by money and wanting a car outside of your price range, (don't we all), I would strongly suggest
at least test drive an RalliArt:
It's base set up allows you to move with out gulping gas,
Is the same engine (09' + ) as the Evo for mod potential,
Fair to agressive styling for a 4 door,
Plenty of room to upgrade stereo equipment, (some already have the optional Rockford Fosgate system), to appease your stereo appetite for a little while.

IMO the RA is a great platform at a really good price and it's exactly why I bought one.

edit:
A nice SRT4 Neon (03' - 05') that is not beat/modded all to hell is a pretty fast ride for the money and most have a premium Kicker system already in them too.
wrong gen ralliart man. he's asking about the 1st gen
Old Apr 13, 2013, 07:33 PM

I was outrunning Lancer ESes in my Mirage ES 5-speed with great regularity. Don't get me wrong; they're still fun to drive, but they're slow as *****. If you can swing it, get a Ralliart. Quick, fun, best NA 4-cylinder exhaust note ever, and great potential for a quality sound system. I'm running an Alpine IDA-X305S, Polk DB fronts, JL Evolution rears, and two JL 10s in the trunk.