Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Carbon Fiber Grill Installation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2003, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Carbon Fiber Grill Installation

Got my Carbon Fiber grill from Road Race Motorsports in today! It was like Christmas in April! It is not the easiest thing to install so I'll give you a step by step giude for the removal and installation of the grills:

1) Undo the bolts holding the stock grill in place
2) Using a screw driver, pop out the 3 white plastic plugs towards the top of the grill
3) Take that ugly stock grill out

CF or Fiber Glass Grill:
1) Place the mesh up to the back of the grill in its final resting place
2) Take a drill and a bit that fits through the 4 eyelits on the front of the grill and drill through them and through the mesh resting behind it now.
3) Make sure you don't move the mesh between each time you drill out a new hole!
4) Place the mesh behind the holes and then place the screws with the small heads through the holes and the mesh using a socket wrench or something similar
5) Place the grill on the car so that the bottom 4 screws fit directly through the existing holes. This may take some time but they do fit
6) Using the supplied hardware, put one nut on the back of each of the protruding screws now sticking out the back of the frame. Do not tighten them to much
7) Take the large crews and put them in throught the engine side of the grill through the frame and then into the grill holes. Use some nuts on these as well
8) Tighten the middle screws (top and bottom) more, but not all of the way
9) Now tighten the outside screws fully
10) And do the same for the rest of the screws
11) Close your eyes step back and get ready to catch your jaw before it hits the ground...then open your eyes and enjoy!
Old Apr 5, 2003, 11:50 PM

hey, you think we could get a pic of this grill instaled in your lancer...i think that would look sweet, but want to see it in person on you car.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

cool, so basically it was a direct bolt on replacement? fitment was good?

im actually wanting to get the fiberglass one and paint it my color (pear white), but im just worried about fitment issues, im sure if the cf one fits nice, the fg one will also, cuz theyre both from road race.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah it fits like a glove from top to bottom and side to side....no major gaps and ****. I'll post a picture once I get my digital camera back in a week or two. They send the hardware too so everything you will need is supplied. The only thing is that the mesh they send you is cheap **** and looks nothing like the pics on the RRM site. So you will have to buy different mesh. The mesh dents and bends when you are tightening your bolts and ends up looking even worse installed than out of the box. But that's the only issue!