Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Again??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Again??

Ill keep this short and sweet...i sold my is300 and now im back in the game. Just felt that i need to finish what i started, so i ended up with this 03 OZ with evo 9 front end. Needs a lil tlc and some upgrades that im currently putting on, but done fairly well.

Last edited by MurphDurph; Dec 28, 2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I knew you be back..... now come back to san diego lol.....
Old Feb 4, 2017, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
I knew you be back..... now come back to san diego lol.....
haha..yea man...ive been feeling bad that i never finished my last lancer...im doing it different this time
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice conversion, although I would have left the OZ Rally as is. No one expects anything from a car like the base lancer. They make great sleepers. Why did you sell the IS300?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilentCool
Nice conversion, although I would have left the OZ Rally as is. No one expects anything from a car like the base lancer. They make great sleepers. Why did you sell the IS300?
Yea tru...i mainly bought it cause it was a deal (1200 with bad isb) i may end up getting another shell just to have the oem front again. havent made my mind up on that yet. i sold the IS cause i originally was gonna buy this car and a perfectly running 04 ralliart all in the same weekend and just swap the ralliart motor into this, but of course ppl flake out at the very last moment and i only ended up only with this and used the extra $$ to revive it.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MurphDurph
Yea tru...i mainly bought it cause it was a deal (1200 with bad isb) i may end up getting another shell just to have the oem front again. havent made my mind up on that yet. i sold the IS cause i originally was gonna buy this car and a perfectly running 04 ralliart all in the same weekend and just swap the ralliart motor into this, but of course ppl flake out at the very last moment and i only ended up only with this and used the extra $$ to revive it.
I say get the OEM shell and go from there. These cars are really under-appreciated.

I still have my 03 ES which my gf is going to drive until we get a small SUV. I bought an 04 MT Ralliart that had some front end damage. The Ralliart has been fixed and is now running but I have also been considering getting an 04 Ralliart wagon and swap the engine and manual tranny to it. Will see how that goes.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

I say get the OEM shell and go from there. These cars are really under-appreciated.

I still have my 03 ES which my gf is going to drive until we get a small SUV. I bought an 04 MT Ralliart that had some front end damage. The Ralliart has been fixed and is now running but I have also been considering getting an 04 Ralliart wagon and swap the engine and manual tranny to it. Will see how that goes.

that has crossed my mind as well a few times...i dont think ive come across anyone whos actually done the whole manual swap wagon yet
Old Mar 20, 2017, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

that has crossed my mind as well a few times...i dont think ive come across anyone whos actually done the whole manual swap wagon yet
Well, it hasn't been done. At least not that we know of lol. However, when you consider how rare they are it all makes sense. The Ralliart wagon/sportback was only sold in 2004 in the US and even then the numbers were limited.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Well, it hasn't been done. At least not that we know of lol. However, when you consider how rare they are it all makes sense. The Ralliart wagon/sportback was only sold in 2004 in the US and even then the numbers were limited.
Tru...i think there are two or three in my area for sale...funny cause i would never see them on the road...lol
Old Mar 27, 2017, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Getting ready to start my tear down process for my swaps...im gonna be transferring several parts to my gf's ES in at the same time. Im gonna try and get enough pics of everything as i go.

In case you didnt know ill be doing the 4g69 swap as well as the 5/lug rear disc swap
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

niice.....
Old Apr 4, 2017, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Got a lil free time today so i decided to get a jump on tearing things out

Not much just some of the easy stuff...workin on figuring out removing the wire harness...seems more of a pain than it being difficult. Hopefully i can tuck it a bit when i get the replacement.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

nice bro, love to give ya a hand but too far away......
Old Apr 5, 2017, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Getting ready to start my tear down process for my swaps...im gonna be transferring several parts to my gf's ES in at the same time. Im gonna try and get enough pics of everything as i go.

In case you didnt know ill be doing the 4g69 swap as well as the 5/lug rear disc swap
Sounds like a plan. I did a rear disc and front caliper dual piston upgrade on my ES a couple years back. Love it so far! Keep us updates
Old Apr 5, 2017, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
nice bro, love to give ya a hand but too far away......
its all good...maybe this will give you more motivation to finally boost

Sounds like a plan. I did a rear disc and front caliper dual piston upgrade on my ES a couple years back. Love it so far! Keep us updates
nice! did you stick with the 4 lug or convert to 5? which dual piston did you go with? i think i remember seeing that i could use the diamante calipers.

theres a lot going on in this engine bay too... ppo (previous previous owner) apparently had a bunch of stuff installed poorly...remote start, system, alarm which were all disconnected (snipped) and most of the wires were ran half assed. ive already replaced several parts before like all the motor mounts, which were completely shot as well as the struts.

Quick Reply: Again??