Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Shop says Tein S Tech wont fit! ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Shop says Tein S Tech wont fit! ?

I purchased a set of TEIN S Tech springs part number SKE06-AUB00 from an authorized dealer and took them to my local suspension shop to have them installed. Shouldnt have been that hard of a job I just dont have the tools to do it myself. Shop guy gets all 4 springs off and goes to put new ones on and he comes back and says they wont fit. Says they are too small in diameter. I cross referenced the part number on the box with TEIN and a few other sites and the part number is correct. I have an 06 Lancer ES. These springs should fit this car. He said that they were too small in diameter to fit on the mount. Any ideas? I am now out $75 dollars in labor and 3 hours of time.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:35 AM

oh and I also check on TEIN's site to see if these were a set of the "fake" S Techs being sold and they are not, they are a genuine TEIN product
Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's the correct part #. the guy at the shop is stupid.

http://stores.speedcorps.com/-strse-...ngs/Detail.bok

i would suggest taking them to a new shop. Or telling this guy he's a dumb *** and make him install them.

or you can DIY. it's not difficult
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:43 AM

yeah i spoke with a good motorhead friend of mine and he thinks the guy tried to put them on backwards or something so he is gonna look at them for me. I know how to take it all apart I just dont have an impact wrench and those dang bolts on the axle are tight. They wont budge for me at all.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dwalk08
yeah i spoke with a good motorhead friend of mine and he thinks the guy tried to put them on backwards or something so he is gonna look at them for me. I know how to take it all apart I just dont have an impact wrench and those dang bolts on the axle are tight. They wont budge for me at all.
PB Blaster

use a whole bunch of that and you should be fine
if you need help lemme know,. i got some photos and i can tell you how to pull everything apart
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:51 AM

I know how to unbolt everything and in what order Ill pick up some of that PB Blaster and a set of spring compressors from autozone. The bolt on the rear axle is 17mm, but do you know what the front bolts are? They are a little larger...
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor

I know how to unbolt everything and in what order Ill pick up some of that PB Blaster and a set of spring compressors from autozone. The bolt on the rear axle is 17mm, but do you know what the front bolts are? They are a little larger...
i'm pretty sure they are 21mm...or 19mm

you may need a breaker bar to get the front ones though. They are on there pretty solid
Old Jan 8, 2009, 06:42 PM

so I got the rear ones installed and they look great. I picked up a breaker bar and a 19 and 17mm sockets and it was pretty easy. Got both of the front struts off and after about an hour of trying decided that im gonna have to take them to my friends dad cause they need a impact wrench to get the nut off the top of the strut. I tried to use the breaker bar but the hyrdaulic bar in the middle (shiny part lol) just kept spinning so impact wrench it is. thanks for the advice, so far it looks great
Old Jan 8, 2009, 07:23 PM
Former Vendor

so I got the rear ones installed and they look great. I picked up a breaker bar and a 19 and 17mm sockets and it was pretty easy. Got both of the front struts off and after about an hour of trying decided that im gonna have to take them to my friends dad cause they need a impact wrench to get the nut off the top of the strut. I tried to use the breaker bar but the hyrdaulic bar in the middle (shiny part lol) just kept spinning so impact wrench it is. thanks for the advice, so far it looks great
yeh you will definitely need an impact gun for the front struts. Just for it to spin out quick enough and get it loose. Once it's loose you can use the regular wrench
Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

make sure he didn't put the back ones on teh front lol!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:13 AM

wait so the Tein S Tech springs fit the ES? I thought those were only for OZ? you're telling me instead of buying saggy rear Progress springs I could have had a different choice?!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

yeah man.. haha