Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Lightweight Wheels & Websites

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightweight Wheels & Websites

is tirerack the only wheel site that will let u sort by weight?

im lookin for widest rim possible 18's..but what about the arguement of width of rim vs weight? in theory is it worth the extra weight for the extra traction? or jus depends on application..were only talkin 1-2lbs per rim sometimes even less than that
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get caught in the weight game: you drive a street car that's in the ballpark of a two-ton curb weight.

I have a feeling I won't be seeing your Lancer at the timing checkpoint of a WRC stage...so a 225 or 235 width tire will do just fine if you want something a little wider than stock; so, if you pick one of those sizes, you'll have plenty of good looking, economical, light weight options for wheels.

Also ask yourself why are you wanting extra traction? The car has plenty as it is for the street - as long as your tires are in good shape and you're not driving like an ****. So, look at your tires and your driving habits before you look at a website.

Last edited by nj_08_gts; Feb 8, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.wheelweights.net/
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
Don't get caught in the weight game: you drive a street car that's in the ballpark of a two-ton curb weight.

I have a feeling I won't be seeing your Lancer at the timing checkpoint of a WRC stage...so a 225 or 235 width tire will do just fine if you want something a little wider than stock; so, if you pick one of those sizes, you'll have plenty of good looking, economical, light weight options for wheels.

Also ask yourself why are you wanting extra traction? The car has plenty as it is for the street - as long as your tires are in good shape and you're not driving like an ****. So, look at your tires and your driving habits before you look at a website.
to me its irrelevant if im hittin track or not i want the most traction n widest/lightest rim poss lol, thats jus how it is mayne, so i can call on it to do what it needs to do whenever, instead of regrettin i didnt have that extra half inch-inch of width or couple pounds of weightloss

thanks for site jm
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

I have a feeling I won't be seeing your Lancer at the timing checkpoint of a WRC stage...
Seems that statement would apply to each and every possible mod to any car.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts

I totally agree.

In all honesty 10mm or 1-2 extra lbs on a rim isn't going to do anything noticeable on a street car. If anything, seeing a 235 rim in a rear looks a lot better than a 215. That's really it. Anything you "might" feel is all in your head.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

the 235vs215 measurement...thats of the tire and its the length othe of tire if u were to cut it and lay it on the floor flat correct? meaning less lowpro?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by I Am God
the 235vs215 measurement...thats of the tire and its the length othe of tire if u were to cut it and lay it on the floor flat correct? meaning less lowpro?
http://www.carbibles.com/tire_bible.html
Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

thanks
Old Feb 8, 2009, 06:25 PM

my stockers would chirp whenever i hit it ....but now i go tthe 235 45 and it isnt doing that at all i went from stock gts wheels to the 09 galant ralliart wheels....i think they are heavier to though...