Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

newbie with tires and rims questions :P

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie with tires and rims questions :P

Hello all... I'm thinking about upgrading my ugly stock 09 es sport 16" rims with a lightly used Axis TC Evo 19" gunmetal color... Here is the specs on the rims Axis Tc Evo +45 5x114.3, width 19 x 8 + 45. I want to know what tires I can put on this rims so that way I don't have any problem with rubbing when there's passengers in the car, and when i'm turing also.

I also have 2 12" subwoofer with a not too heavy of a box in the back so the weight is pushing down already. I'm riding on stock springs also so there won't be any drop because i'm afraid it will rub if I have 4 or 5 adult passengers in the car! Wouldn't it? The springs the guy might sell to me is progress springs with 1.5" drop front and 1.4" drop in the back.

I have given yall all the informations so hope it will be of needed to help me chose the right tire size that not only give performance but lasts long! I'm not looking to race on this ES lol

I went on discount tire and saw this http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...14785&sw=false . Are those good tires, the price looks really good!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

check this thread... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...fo-thread.html
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:09 PM

try 225/35/19 if you lower

or 235/35/19 if you're stock height

but thats just my opinion.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

not sure about the wheel size. Tires If you are just cruzing around and daily driving I would look at the following:

Fuzion ZRi

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....&tireModel=ZRi

Just bought a set for my daily driving. They are a very comfortable ride with low noise unless on a bad road and have excellent cornering stability for a 300tw tire.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:16 PM

yea I had the fuzion zri on my old lexus, VERY nice but damn cost like a bish i can't believe i got new tires on it then have to trade it in because of the gas crysis we had 2 years back... hu hu hu .... cost like 150 each anyways yea they don't seem to make them anymore not on tire rack ..... i'm thinkin bout 235/35R19 of the general UHP tires from discount tires..... i seen it in person and the threading doesn't look bad at all! I will be riding on stock springs with 2 12" in the back so I'm not goin to drop it because if I go by speed bumps or have adult passenger that wouldn't be good at all!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:58 AM

I got the rims finally from a friend but he doesn't have the lug nuts with them. Can someone point me to a place to get a good quality, good price lug nuts to fit on these? Can a universal lug nut fit or it has to be specific for this set of rims?

They are 19" axis tc evo 5x114.3
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:42 PM

If you go with Generals I would just go the HP's not the UHP's. I had the Hp's on my grand am and they were awesome, even in the snow. My buddy bought the UHP's he wasnt so happy and they had a wierd wiggle at high speed turns. Just my two cents!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:59 AM

you mean the altimax HP? I look on the forum of tirerack and this is what Gary had to say:

These are very different from each other. The Exclaim UHP would have much better dry handling and cornering grip, faster steering response compared to the Altimax HP. Wear would also be about half of the Altimax would see (figure about 25k miles on the Exclaim UHP).

Tires
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&...ires/index.jsp

so I think it's good to get the UHP and our car is not fast so I'm not goin to do fast cornering anyways
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i own boths. exlaim uhp is for cheap dry and wet vs. altimax hp is comfort tread life and all season traction
Old Apr 28, 2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Xterminater
you mean the altimax HP? I look on the forum of tirerack and this is what Gary had to say:

These are very different from each other. The Exclaim UHP would have much better dry handling and cornering grip, faster steering response compared to the Altimax HP. Wear would also be about half of the Altimax would see (figure about 25k miles on the Exclaim UHP).

Tires
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&...ires/index.jsp

so I think it's good to get the UHP and our car is not fast so I'm not goin to do fast cornering anyways