Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

CVT power

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo Soul, are your contacts in Japan going to release any of their research findings on the CVT tranny, or are they going to make products and market it, or use their info privately just for their car? I would really be interested in how they are tuning the cvt (Changing gear ratios maybe?), change profiles for econo, tq, and hp, and how they plan on keeping it cool. Any chance we will be able to get ~300 whp on the tranny? And how bad would traction and wheel spin be?
Old Mar 8, 2008, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With 1st gear as much of a dog as it is...wheel spin doesn't concern me much
Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bladed
Evo Soul, are your contacts in Japan going to release any of their research findings on the CVT tranny, or are they going to make products and market it, or use their info privately just for their car? I would really be interested in how they are tuning the cvt (Changing gear ratios maybe?), change profiles for econo, tq, and hp, and how they plan on keeping it cool. Any chance we will be able to get ~300 whp on the tranny? And how bad would traction and wheel spin be?
I am not sure what they have planned, I know they do some kinda racing or tuning, but unsure of what group they are affiliated with. Plus as far as I know the CVT software from mitsu is propriatary so what I would want to know is how are they able to make changes to it. They have to have a Mitsubishi source or a source with the Tranny maker.

Cooling I dont think would be a problem if you have the right setup unless we maybe get some liquid nitrogen around that bad boy lol cryo that CVT *** lol

Last edited by evo_soul; Mar 16, 2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 02:15 PM

Pretty much all ECU software is proprietary, until either someone hacks it or the company releases it for customizing. Hopefully someone will be able to modify the gear ratios in the near future, and tweak D.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 01:48 AM

Does anyone know what CVT was in the last gen lancers? i know for a fact lancers w/ the 1.6l engine sold in asia had a CVT tranny.. I was speculating if infact our cars had the F1C1 CVT per the Jatco site, the Jatco site fails to mention which model year lancer has the F1C1. Perhaps the F1CJA is a slightly different, better tranny? evo_soul?.. i hope lol

Last edited by snowbred; Mar 24, 2008 at 05:03 PM.