Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

2003 lancer oz rally transmission/clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 lancer oz rally transmission/clutch issues

Ok ive looked up on the forms ive seen similar situations and issues i just recently changed the clutch.everything new clutch plate ,pressure plate,slave cylinder,clutch master cylinder .i was in the process of bleeding the slave i started to get pressure to the petal as i was bleeding the clutch i top it off the brake fluid to the top closed it with the cap .and i repeated the process about five times .i double checked all the lines for leaks no leaks ,looked under the car no puddles i started the car it got all the gears so i turned it off .when i got back in the car 3 hrs later there was absolutely no pressure to the pedal idk if i missed something please inform if i am thank you
Old May 25, 2015, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
how exactly did you go about bleeding?
Old May 26, 2015, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
how exactly did you go about bleeding?
Its was me and my bro we bled it from the slave i sat in the car had him open the bleeder as i push on the pedal just before it hit the floor he would close it .we repeated this process till we got pressure and we also paid attention to the brake fluid level

Could the cap to the reservoir effect the bleeding processes as well .cause when we where bleeding the clutch i did hear some air escaping from it ?

Last edited by yoda1; May 26, 2015 at 06:00 AM.
Old May 26, 2015, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
once the system has no air, and the reservoir is full it can no longer draw air, unless the piston master cylinder has blow-by and fluid is low...what you want to do, is depress the pedal SLOWLY, and FULLY to the floor, open and close the bleeder nipple, then release the pedal, DO NOT pump the pedal, and don't let the fluid drop below MIN...try again, and if you lose pressure, you may have a defective part...
Old May 26, 2015, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
once the system has no air, and the reservoir is full it can no longer draw air, unless the piston master cylinder has blow-by and fluid is low...what you want to do, is depress the pedal SLOWLY, and FULLY to the floor, open and close the bleeder nipple, then release the pedal, DO NOT pump the pedal, and don't let the fluid drop below MIN...try again, and if you lose pressure, you may have a defective part...

Thank you for the advice ima get to it first thing in the morning .