Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

More troubles (Navigation Dash)...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More troubles (Navigation Dash)...

Well I have yet another problem to report here. I have already been to the dealer twice to fix the alignment, which is still not totally taken care of. After two trips, the car still pulls left...

Well just yesterday I got in my car and the navigation surround is sinking in the middle. It seems like the cold weather caused the plastic to contract, or shrink via George Costanza.

Also, both of my middle vents are stuck closed and there is no way to move them apart from sticking a pen or something in there and move the fins manually. The little chromed adjusters do nothing but make terrible sounds when I try to move them.

Add this to the new navi/stereo head unit I have on order since I can't even pick up any FM stations here in Pittsburgh... although I'm not missing much because the stations here suck anyhow... but it would be nice to be able to listen to them if I wanted. Looks like I will be needing a new stereo surround as well.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:41 PM

hey i live in pittsburgh too, whered you buy your car? and where you take it to get it serviced at?
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Biondi in Monroeville. Buying the car went well, but getting service is another story.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by dyno

Also, both of my middle vents are stuck closed and there is no way to move them apart from sticking a pen or something in there and move the fins manually. The little chromed adjusters do nothing but make terrible sounds when I try to move them.
Did you pull apart the dash at all? or maybe the dealer did when they were checking out something? It sounds like the vents are off track. I ran into this problem with my last car after pulling out the dash to fix something.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 04:28 PM

I got mine at Baierl (up north in Wexford), same story different location. Buying went well, service another story. You'd think for as much as they charge for something as an oil change and tire rotation they'd at least tell you the tread wear of the tires and the type of oil they put in. Apparently that's classified information...
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

hey dyno, have you done anything to your car that could possible caused the problem?