Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

bluetooth function

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth function

I just got a 2009 Lancer ES and I was fiddling around with the bluetooth thing today, but it seems to be not working. The buttons are there, so i figure that i should have the function available. The website even has that on the specs of the ES. But when i press any of the bluetooth buttons, nothing happens. No voice command or anything. Am i not supposed to have it or is it just not working?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

the bluetooth buttons itself are standard.. the function on the other hand is OPTIONAL.. they are not equipped with bluetooth FUNCTION.. theyre just bluetooth "ready". lol

my salesguy told me that bluetooth is standard on my ES but when i went to the service manager for the 1k warranty checkup, he told me it was just for show. and if i want he could hook it up for me for $250+.

yea i know, its all salestalk bull****.. where did you buy your car from?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:50 PM

max madsen in countryside. yeah, i was just wondering cuz my friend has an 08 lancer with the "tech" package and he's got it. i guess it makes sense but i wonder why they even have the stuff there if it doesnt function. cuz some of the other features on the GTS are replaced by "fake" buttons on my ES so i thought it would've been like that. it's a good gimmick if you want to upgrade to that though.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

same thing happened to me. i sat in my car for about an hour with...yes.... the manual. and i felt like an idiot when i figured out my salesman told me it had the bluetooth package, but what he really meant by that was it is prewired. but the idiot barely knew what bluetooth was so the manager offered employee pricing on it when i went back to complain. and that was a few hundred dollars so i said stick it where the sun shines and enjoyed saving $ on a $35 bluetooth earpiece. hasnt failed me yet unlike
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The buttons are there so that they can use the same steering wheel part number for all of their cars. It makes the car cheaper to make becasue there are less combinations if you use the same part. But I was trying to get it to work in the beginning too, I saw the buttons there and I assumed that I had it.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:39 PM

Haha. yeah, i can join the "idiot" club too, flipping through the manual and even comparing to my friend's 08 lancer es. I was like, "how come the pretty voice doesnt talk to me in my car?" he had the tech package apparently. o well. it would've been nice. either way, i'm still enjoying the car a lot.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrPear
Haha. yeah, i can join the "idiot" club too, flipping through the manual and even comparing to my friend's 08 lancer es. I was like, "how come the pretty voice doesnt talk to me in my car?" he had the tech package apparently. o well. it would've been nice. either way, i'm still enjoying the car a lot.
lol enjoy it while it doesnt give u trouble. i often debate driving it off a cliff. its sort of a love/hate relationship.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha the ES club right here lol

anyways.. the only thing that annoys the hell outta me with this trim model is the CVT.. i wish i got the GTS because the 2nd gear is the longest gear ever.. your always at 2k even tho your pickin up speed.. the car sounds like its havin a hard time.. lol
Old Jan 19, 2009, 07:54 PM

I will go ahead and join the club...
Old Jan 19, 2009, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL im a noob then!
I didnt know that even though they have the buttons that it doesnt work
I was trying to figure it out on my Gf's car for about half hour and just gave up lol