Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

1) CEL from k&n Intake, 2) OBD2 scanner doesnt work!!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would leave it, K&N should warranty their intake for quite some time. If you did not clear the codes yourself then it will take a few driving\warm up cycles of the car to verify to itself that the problem is resolved. You should still have the stored code, but now it will be inactive.
Old May 12, 2010, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it turns out it was the k&n air filter on the intake..
After trying 20 different things, I decided to go with one of those Spectre filters, and the code came on 1 day, but then 100 miles after it came on, it just disappeared. Therefore I thought everything was Ok, so i decided to put the k&n air filter back on..and what do you know..the light came back. So today, I didnt clear the code, but I put the spectre back on, and waaaala. The code is gone
Maybe im one of those 1% population customers who have an awkward cituation with a K&N, but I guess that filter was maybe letting in too much air for my sensitive MAF sensor? It seems to run smooth with the Spectre filter, so I'll just keep that on, and if all goes good for about a week or two, then I found my issue
Thanks for all the help guyz!!
Old May 12, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

hope you write K&N a letter. They should reimburse you
Old May 12, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

i was never a big fan of k & n. glad to see you figured it out. any other mods to your car might be time for a tune.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:51 AM

You might get the code again, I wouldn't worry about it until you have to do emissions/safety.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by CamShaft
hope you write K&N a letter. They should reimburse you
i'll write them right now. thanks!

Originally Posted by dadsgts
i was never a big fan of k & n. glad to see you figured it out. any other mods to your car might be time for a tune.
well only engine mods is the intake, and a axleback custom magnaflow straight thru exhuast
other than that, im stock engine wise. i been doing more stuff for looks and show, since I know i'm not that fast anyway

Originally Posted by 9SECndEVO
You might get the code again, I wouldn't worry about it until you have to do emissions/safety.
well i originally got the code off my fujita, but made it disapear with a coupler to extend the filter..but with the k&n it comes on after about 30 miles of clearing it, but since i didnt clear it this time with the spectre, it went away on its on, and when i tried the k&n again it came back, so it has to be the filter
Thanks for the feedback tho
Old May 14, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9SECndEVO
Dont listen to this!!!! ^

The code means you engine is not running properly. Although you may feel no drivability issues, the engine running lean will run hotter and possible create pinging which in the long run will ruin your engine! Light on dash = fix it.... silly people!!! Give your head a shake.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:27 AM

well im aware of that
plus the thign is, if i see a light on on the dash, and ignore it. what if a multiple light comes on, for say o2 sensor or soemthing, how would i notice? my priorty was to get rid of the light
and its still gone