Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Post all SQUEAK complaints here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went to the dealership for an oil change (it is raining and I am on a tight schedule to study for college finals), and I have some minor suspension squeaks. They told me that it is covered under warranty and they would replace my bushings and solve the problem free of charge. They service manager told me they might recall the parts that squeak. He also said that they have replaced a few other peoples that had the same problem.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

good to hear. Chinto and I actually fixed my squeak problem. It turned out be my rear sway bar. Apparently the bushings weren't greased enough when it was installed.

He helped me take it off so I could go to the dealership to get the squeak noise looked at. After we removed it I noticed the noise went away so we regreased the bar and reinstalled it. Hasn't made a noise since. But still thats good to hear that they would fix it without hassle.
Old May 8, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

I guess this is the place for squeek sounds.

I'm getting squeek sounds from my drive belts. I sprayed some lubricant on them and about a week later of regular commutes, the squeek sound comes back again. Any takes anyone?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 06:04 PM

I just got my evo today. The previous owner said it has racing pad, but i didn't ask what brand. from 30-60 it didn't squick at all. but from 0-20 it squicks a lot. Anyone have the same problem? is there a way to fix it?
Old Jul 29, 2005, 09:02 PM
Account Disabled

I have a squeak that comes from the back passenger side. I think it may be the panel but only does it sometimes.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a squeak sound coming from my A/C vents apparently, or at least somewhere in that general area behind the strip in the dash.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:54 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
back passenger is probably an interior panel or the seatbelt retractor. Eithe case, not too much you can do unless you feel like removing all of the panels and putting them back on with epoxy, but that would make it hard to work on the car if needed.

AC vents is probably a functional part under the dashboard. Mine did this too, and pushing the dashboard forward with my hand stopped the noise for a few minutes, but no permanent solution.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, mine stops when i push on the dash, but only for a minute.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

i get squeaking nosie coming from front passinger side mostly when i am going over a bump in slow speed!! i have a after market coilover installed for 5 month now!!! i think it is coming from control arm!! also when i am turning my handle to make left turn i hear a squeaking nosie from front passanger side too! dose anybody have a idea??? HELP
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

both my drivers side and passengers side sqeaks and pops whenever my wheel turns or go over a small bump...i thought my spring came unsettled so i jacked it up s on both sides and that seemd to work for like a week but its back...any clues?

Last edited by ThunderOZ; Nov 10, 2005 at 06:11 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 10:36 AM

I installed my tein STech lowering springs about 8k miles ago and now I'm getting some squeking when I hit bumps. Any suggestions?
Old May 8, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

I'm getting a sqeaking/grinding from my rotors up front, it doesnt sound like brake sqeal(I have plenty of pad left) and when I brake @ a certain pressure it doesnt sqeak or anything but when just driving forward(and not backward/reverse) it makes that grinding sound...Any ideas?
Old May 8, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

I have a squeek only when I turn my wheel all the way to the left. The power steering freezes up and it squeals loud. And I can go all the way to the right with no problems at all. I just changed the power steering fluid and that didn't help. Please reply if you know what I can do to fix it.
Old May 8, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
I'm getting a sqeaking/grinding from my rotors up front, it doesnt sound like brake sqeal(I have plenty of pad left) and when I brake @ a certain pressure it doesnt sqeak or anything but when just driving forward(and not backward/reverse) it makes that grinding sound...Any ideas?
bad calipurs maybe? piston could be getting stuck open on hard braking....to answer your other question about the springs squeeking; they probably came unsettled again or the bushing is bad. make sure everything is tightened properly. you can use axle grease on the 'internal arm' on the strut to minimize noise if it's necessary.
Old May 8, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CoreyJBarron
I have a squeek only when I turn my wheel all the way to the left. The power steering freezes up and it squeals loud. And I can go all the way to the right with no problems at all. I just changed the power steering fluid and that didn't help. Please reply if you know what I can do to fix it.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=145511&page=1&pp=15

there are a few things it could be; bad power steering pump, bad bearing in pulley (on ps pump), leak in the lines. i'd check for leaks first. if there aren't any, try finding yourself a new power steering pump.

Quick Reply: Post all SQUEAK complaints here