Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

How fast can Z06's be really?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^you're right. but money IS pretty much the main factor of everything..
Old Feb 12, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

This is a stupid argument, Corvette vs Evo...
The Corvette is a great car for its class, the EVO is a great car for its class. They are completely two different class of cars. With one costing twice as much as the other, it better dang well be faster! If it wasn't I would be embarrassed like this guy is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PC52mYWozo&NR
(Found that link after watching the Top Gear video of the Vette, btw...)

Either way, to each his own. We all have different incomes, different situations, as someone mentioned; need for more than 2 seating, or perhaps can't afford multiple vehicles so needs something all-weather/snow, whatever.

If I was rich enough, I would definitely put the Z06 on my list of cars to consider, no doubt. Would also have to buy another car or suv though and factor that into the cost, so now we are looking at $100K tied up in vehicles, as I am married with 3 kids and they ain't riding in the hatch of the Vette! LOL

Try to enjoy all performance cars, don't hate, appreciate....
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
200 mph = 321.868 km/h
198 mph = 318.650 km/h
Thanks Dan. I wasn't sure about the conversion. Hows it going out there in Vegas.

Talk to you soon.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by doccommando
I'm not arguing that the Z06 doesn't outperform everything under $120k-$150k, but for the money I don't care if my M5 gets blown away by the Corvette. It doesn't bother me that I'd get blown away now. You're never going to have the fastest car on the road (well, unless you're Bill Gates), so at a certain point, speed and performance just isn't everything. If I'm laying down that much money I'm sure as hell not driving an American car.
Hey to each his own. M5 is a great car but Bin there and done it a few times over with the German cars and they just don't do it for me right now.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

Love the look and sound of the C6 Z06. Haven't had the pleasure of running run yet with my current set up but I'm sure I will in due time. If I had the money I'd buy one in a heart beat, heck I'm considering buying a slightly used regular C6 Vette to compliment my Evo. Chevy finally did it right with this car after all these years!!!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlownIncome
Love the look and sound of the C6 Z06. Haven't had the pleasure of running run yet with my current set up but I'm sure I will in due time. If I had the money I'd buy one in a heart beat, heck I'm considering buying a slightly used regular C6 Vette to compliment my Evo. Chevy finally did it right with this car after all these years!!!
Go for the used C6 you won't regret it and it will for sure compliment your Evo. A sports sedan and a sports car.

Also there are a ton of mods out there for the already established C6 just go to the Corvette forums and check out some of the FI cars on that site. Plus if you haven't driven one they ride very nice.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:18 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a 03 ZO6 and kept it for only one month, black on black heads up display all the whistles, I fish tailed a couple times just driving not even pushing it so I decided to sell before i kill myself.
Car was insane fast and before that car a had another V8 car with over 400hp, the ZO6 was crazy to drive.
PS i hated the 1-4 upshift.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
I had a 03 ZO6 and kept it for only one month, black on black heads up display all the whistles, I fish tailed a couple times just driving not even pushing it so I decided to sell before i kill myself.
Car was insane fast and before that car a had another V8 car with over 400hp, the ZO6 was crazy to drive.
PS i hated the 1-4 upshift.
That 1-4 upshift is a 30$ fix......as much as I admire the performance of C5 Z06's I HATE THE INTERIOR WITH A PASSION....the C6 on other hand is really nice and functional.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so the vette has that "skip a gear" thing like the camaro's and firebird's?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
That 1-4 upshift is a 30$ fix......as much as I admire the performance of C5 Z06's I HATE THE INTERIOR WITH A PASSION....the C6 on other hand is really nice and functional.
Same here...I can't stand the interior of the C5 Vettes. I test drove a C5 Z06 (along with several other cars) way before buying the Evo. I loved the performance of the car along with the exhaust note but I couldn't get over the cheap looking plastic interior. I know, I know....the Evo's interior isn't anything to brag about, but I personally like it better than the C5's and several other cars that I test drove. The interior of the C6 Vette is on a whole other level IMO. Give me a black/silver C6 with navigation, leather seats, and a removeable top!