Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

How fast can Z06's be really?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
z06's arent new anymore... you can get a nice one for 25-35k mint

and im saying... if he likes drag racing the evo is not a drag car.. slicks on almost a any chevy v8 = 1.3-1.4 60' so opps there goes awd advantage lol

the evo is NOT a drag car, even though it clearly holds its own..its a road course car. and even on a road course. vettes tear it up. if you want to say something like the evo just needs work... i have many friends with civics and 240's that paid less than 10k for the entire package that would rape a evo with a 35r in almost every situation. but thats not what we're doing...

z06 > evo for drag racing... nothign to argue about
your completely right? why do you have an evo again??
Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jasil
That is a huge trap unless he has a GX-4 cam or similiar. Z06 with Cartechs GX-4 head/cam, exhaust, intake=130mph traps on pump!!!
i couldn't say, but he has his idle at like 1500 so it wont stall until he gets tuned lol take the sound an evo makes with untuned 280's times 10 lol

roar.... ten min later.... road.... ten min later... roar lol

... im not familar with v8 cars... never had an opportunity to learn about them since my friends who had the beats didnt mod.. but he just got his so im picking stuff up, and a kid i met racing has a gto, which btw is amazing he's in the process of installing the sts rear mount turbo. its not even running yet and its scary lol

cheers!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jordo
but your still comparing apples to oranges.

z06s are 50-60k new, evos are only 25-35k new..

the z06 has TWICE the motor. the evo just needs a real turbo :P gt35r or something to keep up with the z06.

I used to roll z06s in my ITR with only 450whp.
When will people like you learn. Who cares how big of a turbo you have on your grocery getter. You put 3k in mods on the Evo, put 3k in mods on the Vette..itll probably still be faster....not to mention you have alot of catching up to do stock for stock....hell you can run 11's STOCK you a$$hat....which means youd still have a warranty.

Run 11's in your evo and see if you still have that luxury. Heck the damn Mitsu dealerships void warranties for "aggressive driving." On stock Evo's

The ZO6 is a sexier car, has more power, handles amazing...**** didnt "The STIG" take a C6 ZO6 around a track faster than an fQ400.....Im pretty sure he did.

The Corvette Zo6 is just a badass car. That being said. There are other cars in its price range I would rather have.....but Id sure as **** take a C6 ZO6 over an Evo any day of the week.

Be realistic.....
Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
When will people like you learn. Who cares how big of a turbo you have on your grocery getter. You put 3k in mods on the Evo, put 3k in mods on the Vette..itll probably still be faster....not to mention you have alot of catching up to do stock for stock....hell you can run 11's STOCK you a$$hat....which means youd still have a warranty.

Run 11's in your evo and see if you still have that luxury. Heck the damn Mitsu dealerships void warranties for "aggressive driving." On stock Evo's

The ZO6 is a sexier car, has more power, handles amazing...**** didnt "The STIG" take a C6 ZO6 around a track faster than an fQ400.....Im pretty sure he did.

The Corvette Zo6 is just a badass car. That being said. There are other cars in its price range I would rather have.....but Id sure as **** take a C6 ZO6 over an Evo any day of the week.

Be realistic.....
see my friend you again are comparing apples to oranges, a c6 z06 is a 65-70k car, vs a 25-35k evo.. which is double the price.. Which is being realistic. Again why are you in a evo forum?

I do agree there really is no replacement for displacement, and the evo isnt the best plateform because it is heavy. I would take a c6 z06 over an evo also.. To bad it is TWICE the amount of money.

what your basically doing is comparing two different classes of cars. The z06 and the evo are in TOTALLy different classes..

Lets compare the Zonda to the evo?

Last edited by jordo; Jan 23, 2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

see my friend you again are comparing apples to oranges, a c6 z06 is a 65-70k car, vs a 25-35k evo.. which is double the price.. Which is being realistic. Again why are you in a evo forum?

I do agree there really is no replacement for displacement, and the evo isnt the best plateform because it is heavy. I would take a c6 z06 over an evo also.. To bad it is TWICE the amount of money.

Maybe you missed the fact I own an Evo? No **** its twice the amount of money. Maybe you missed all the posts where morons posted in this forum about how they could make their 4 door turbo grocery getter faster than a stock Zo6 with like XX amount in mods. Maybe thats why I made the comparison, because I think its about the most ignorant, and utterly stupid thing in the universe to say youd take your POS 30k Evo over a 80k Vette.

Maybe you didnt say that but other people in here did. Simple point of the matter is the guy driving the Vette could honestly care less about how much money you wasted trying to make your evo faster.

ZO6 is 3 or 4 times the car an Evo is.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:11 PM
Former Sponsor

your completely right? why do you have an evo again??
its a fun daily driver and im getting into auto crossing... first road course in march =-)

the difference with myself and others... i didnt buy it expecting it to be fast in the 1/4 mile... and on the street where i drive aggresive the most.. rarely is there a straight line..

i've made a good choice
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
its a fun daily driver and im getting into auto crossing... first road course in march =-)

the difference with myself and others... i didnt buy it expecting it to be fast in the 1/4 mile... and on the street where i drive aggresive the most.. rarely is there a straight line..

i've made a good choice
I made a good choice also, I mostly drive in the city. In my daily commute i hardly ever go over 65mph. So the evo is perfect for me, it handles great, pretty decent gas mileage (18-22mpg), its a 4 door, and its fun as hell to 60mph (not even launching).

I still have my highway/drag racer, K20 + turboed integra type r.

but yes i agree, if i was presented with a simple decision evo vs z06, i would simple choose the z06, the new c6 z06 is a monster.

Last edited by jordo; Jan 23, 2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

but your still comparing apples to oranges.

z06s are 50-60k new, evos are only 25-35k new..

the z06 has TWICE the motor. the evo just needs a real turbo :P gt35r or something to keep up with the z06.

I used to roll z06s in my ITR with only 450whp.
you need a reality check.

a lightly modded LS7 with some cams and a 150 shot would blow your little pee shooter outta the water. oh ya and thats still on pump gas.

dont get me wrong i have a 35r evo on a fully built 2.0 but z06 w/ a 7.0 L w/ some mods would prob light me on fire as it passes.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

I made a good choice also, I mostly drive in the city. In my daily commute i hardly ever go over 65mph. So the evo is perfect for me, it handles great, pretty decent gas mileage (18-22mpg), its a 4 door, and its fun as hell to 60mph (not even launching).

but yes i agree, if i was persented with a simple decision evo vs z06, i would simple choose the z06, the new c6 z06 is a monster.

never mind, sorry about the above post, but its still humorous didnt read the last one you made.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Jordo^^^^
You and I already have disagreed more than once and let's say here we go again waiting for dynographs by the way. I am a car enthusiast first and foremost. I have been a avid carnut for 17 years now showing my age. I've owned 5 dsms, FD, 5.0, Cobra, EVO, and have driven or ridden in a supercharged Viper, a nitroused viper, T-78 Supra, 3 Nsx's of various tune, turboed civics, a skyline, a 454 trans am that owned the street, 2 911's, countless mustangs, camaros, and corvettes the fastest running 9.60's@140+, that 454's trans am may have been faster he wouldn't tell anybody what it ran though. What is my point?

I love cars domestic, import, european it doesn't matter. I call a spade a spade and don't jump on the bandwagon of any make or model. The bottom line is a C5 or C6 is a superior platform to a EVO for drag/roadcourse sorry you don't want to admit that. Same goes for a Viper, but we won't even go there. It doesn't take any of the fun or potential away from the great EVO, but if you want the fastest it pretty obvious where you should put your money if you are able.

I frequent this forum because I have a EVO and 4 kids.........if I had a two seater I would never ever drive it because I'm a family man I'm always with my kids. It's either me and my 14yr old daughter or the three babies 4-7yrs old and we haven't even counted the wife in there yet. I still want a two seat true sports car, but we're not there yet as a family and I can't pull the trigger so the EVO is what I drive and I like it very much!! I want a 37R, 2.3 stroker, built head, VSR intake, Exedy Triple, Jun 272's etc etc pushing 700whp, but I also know that Viper, Cobra, C5, C6 can put down the same power and more on pump or pump w/Torco too. Too many people take that as a threat when you say car A is better than car B at whatever criteria you are comparing. There are pros and cons on every car.

I like cars not just EVO's. Let me know if you still don't understand I will gladly clear up any uncertainties that you have.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

but yes i agree, if i was persented with a simple decision evo vs z06, i would simple choose the z06, the new c6 z06 is a monster.
ya theyre monsters... and probably more comfortable than the evo... idk i just to be different... granted its a z06 not a normal corvette... but its still a corvette..

i know the z06 is a better car than the viper. but i would still go with the viper.. i like different. but any car up to 100k in stock form i'd probably go with a cayman S

imo ultimate daily driver... and does very well on a track, only needs tires.

cheers!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
Jordo^^^^
You and I already have disagreed more than once and let's say here we go again waiting for dynographs by the way. I am a car enthusiast first and foremost. I have been a avid carnut for 17 years now showing my age. I've owned 5 dsms, FD, 5.0, Cobra, EVO, and have driven or ridden in a supercharged Viper, a nitroused viper, T-78 Supra, 3 Nsx's of various tune, turboed civics, a skyline, a 454 trans am that owned the street, 2 911's, countless mustangs, camaros, and corvettes the fastest running 9.60's@140+, that 454's trans am may have been faster he wouldn't tell anybody what it ran though. What is my point?

I love cars domestic, import, european it doesn't matter. I call a spade a spade and don't jump on the bandwagon of any make or model. The bottom line is a C5 or C6 is a superior platform to a EVO for drag/roadcourse sorry you don't want to admit that. Same goes for a Viper, but we won't even go there. It doesn't take any of the fun or potential away from the great EVO, but if you want the fastest it pretty obvious where you should put your money if you are able.

I frequent this forum because I have a EVO and 4 kids.........if I had a two seater I would never ever drive it because I'm a family man I'm always with my kids. It's either me and my 14yr old daughter or the three babies 4-7yrs old and we haven't even counted the wife in there yet. I still want a two seat true sports car, but we're not there yet as a family and I can't pull the trigger so the EVO is what I drive and I like it very much!! I want a 37R, 2.3 stroker, built head, VSR intake, Exedy Triple, Jun 272's etc etc pushing 700whp, but I also know that Viper, Cobra, C5, C6 can put down the same power and more on pump or pump w/Torco too. Too many people take that as a threat when you say car A is better than car B at whatever criteria you are comparing. There are pros and cons on every car.

I like cars not just EVO's. Let me know if you still don't understand I will gladly clear up any uncertainties that you have.
Your not understanding what im saying, Im saying "you cannot compare a evo to a corvette" they are in two different classes.

And yes i know the evo isnt the greatest car in the world, i definally dont claim that.

I respect any car that is built correctly.

again you cant beat displacement. I remember when i was dyno tuning my integra (460whp @ 14psi), the shop i was at was building a turboed transam. The trans am off boost made 550whp, and with a gt47 it made 992whp at only 16psi.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

This must be the new forum thread for trolls and haters?

The OP asked a question about how fast a C6 Z06 could go. I'd like to know. Its a revised car with specifically a revised motor, what's its potential?

I can look here all day long for X-Car vs. EVO comparisons, but when it comes down to facts, this thread is lacking.

I'm calling for a few more '07 Z06 facts. However if the flames continue, 5 bucks for a review mag. and cup of hot goodness might be better than sorting through disagreeing flamers' poorly written, metric lacking commentary.

Cheers,

~j.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jcnel_evo8
This must be the new forum thread for trolls and haters?

The OP asked a question about how fast a C6 Z06 could go. I'd like to know. Its a revised car with specifically a revised motor, what's its potential?

I can look here all day long for X-Car vs. EVO comparisons, but when it comes down to facts, this thread is lacking.

I'm calling for a few more '07 Z06 facts. However if the flames continue, 5 bucks for a review mag. and cup of hot goodness might be better than sorting through disagreeing flamers' poorly written, metric lacking commentary.

Cheers,

~j.
speaking off, when is the new c6 z06 SS coming out? Isnt it the full carbon fiber one?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

I'm the OP and it was a rhetorical question. How fast can they go 5's in, 6's for a door slammer, 7's in a street car with no A/C and mini-tub, 8's in full street trim, obviously 9's.

I've already posted a video of a 8.9@155mph vette already straight off the interstate to the track 7 runs in a row nothing broke then back home.

Quick Reply: How fast can Z06's be really?