Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2010 evo x or 2011 ralliart or 370Z?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since you're in Canada, I'd go with a GSR... not really saving much by going with a RA
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

By sept, maybe the 2010's will be old enough to import! I know that they just started some "new vehicle" importing policy this year.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Just to clear up... the MR tranny and the Ralliart tranny aren't the same. They can't handle the same power, and the Super Sport Mode (funnest mode) is absent on the ralliart, and the ralliart doesn't have launch control as well.
Absent? Mine works great
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^he's talking about super sport mode. the ralliart only has 2 modes: the normal one and sport mode. evo x has 3 modes: normal, sport, and super sport. or so i hear

i'm actually not from canada, i'm on here in disguise. i'm from the US
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
^he's talking about super sport mode. the ralliart only has 2 modes: the normal one and sport mode. evo x has 3 modes: normal, sport, and super sport. or so i hear

i'm actually not from canada, i'm on here in disguise. i'm from the US
haha, nice disguise. Prices in Canada for evo and ra are about 5k-8k more expensive.
Considering you're in the states, just buy a new X or ra.
Whether X or ra it really depends on what you want for a car?
- if you like a fast car and like to mod go with the GSR (learn how to drive stick, rent a car or borrow from someone. GSR don't have the sunroof if sunroof sth you want)

- otherwise, just get the ra with sportback if you want more room in the trunk.

if you're planning to do engine mods it would be better to get the GSR but if you want to do mild mods go with the ra plus it save you like 10-15k =)

IMO, just wait till '11 X and RA come out then decide. better to wait for a few months than being sorry having bought '10
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:21 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by PCToolsWiki
Absent? Mine works great
You're telling me you have Super Sport Mode on your Ralliart SST? (Not sport mode but SUPER sport mode?)
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

^i think he's confused. only the evo has SUPER sport mode.

i hate the look of the sportbacks and will never purchase one. i may just flat out get an MR since i dont want to learn how to drive stick. I hear the stock clutches in the GSR go out very easily and some even after only 1000 miles. Being a new driver to a manual tranny, I'm sure I'd get the worst of it.

That being said what kind of HP at the wheels can you expect to safely mod an MR to? I have seen a few people on here get to 350WHP, but can you go higher? I'm guessing the SST tranny is what limits your modding abilities, just like in the RA.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

There is a guy local to here that has 405whp on his X MR with a FP Green. I think his torque is limited to (electronically) at 340wtq (on a dynojet).

SSP has a goal on the other site to hit 500whp with their X MR.

It's just a matter of time before we start seeing more and more 500whp X MR. Just waiting for the code to make it's rounds.

I'm currently at 310whp with just a drop-in / 4" intercooler / and hard pipes.

I think you're right about the clutch on the GSRs and you being new. Believe me, you won't regret the MR, it really is a GREAT car
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Well I test drove a ralliart sportback a few days ago and let me tell you, coming from an '09 GTS with the CVT tranny to even the ralliart with SST is a huge *** difference! From the moment I got out of the lot onto the street I could feel an IMMEDIATE insanely huge difference. It literally shoves you back into the seat. Maybe it's just the difference in tranny and HP gain, but that's something my GTS is never capable of. I'm sure if I got an MR I'd be jizzing in my pants all while needing a bib to soak up my drool. Might be a driving hazard if you ask me...

When did they come out with news of the 2010 lancers last year? I thiink we can expect it around the same time this year, right?

I'mma wait to see what they have to offer in the 2011 model year as far as evo's go.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:48 PM
EvoM Community Team

i think we started hearing real information around end of june to july. I have a rough idea because I waited till I knew, then bought an 08 to save about 5k knowing that I wasn't going to get 5k worth of new car by going with a '10.

Seriously man, just get the MR, you won't regret it. Eventually you'll get used to the ralliart and you're going to want to get a little more out of it and won't be able to get much. If you get the X at the very least you'll have it in the 310whp area. And get insane handling.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

that's insane that the evo can get up to 500whp on a 2.0L engine. think if ferrari or lambo did the same with their 6.0L engines... that'd be 1500whp of holy ****!

yea i've been thinking of a WW MR for the last week or so. I like the panda look you can get out of them with black wheels, tint and the works.

so is ultimate racing still a good place to get your exhaust at? seems like it's great on the RA. i don't exactly like borla...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

You have a whole new choice of exhaust options with the Evo. I won't recommend UR as there have been some that have cracked (though UR does replace them).

I'm going with CP-E single with a resonator myself. Check out the evo x exhaust thread. I think there is like 20-30 exhausts on there?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 05:37 PM

learn to drive stick and get the GSR..

That's what i'm going to get this coming summer and it is going to be my first stick shift car too..
How does the 06-07 wrx/sti clutch/tranny feel compared to the gsr's? anyone know?? I've driven my friends sti a bunch of times and was the car I learned how to drive stick in..
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

migs i took a look at that thread and it's rediculous how many are available! a ton of exhaust setups look quirky and/or crappy. I think it's stupid when the exhaust tip comes out at an angle, rather than straight out.

i have my eye on:

ultimate racing catback (still)
cp-e catback
speed circuit catback
HKS legamax

all the others seem a little off or something (maybe it's just me). the single tip looks rediculous when you have two cutouts in your bumper. i can tell you of a million guys looking to do exactly opposite, if they even had a dual cutout bumper in their gts

now all i gotta do is wait to hear about the 2011 lineup, whenever that is. few months possibly...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:40 PM

my custom UR test pipe and catback
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7R27...ayer_embedded#!

Last edited by EmperorX; Apr 21, 2010 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 evo x or 2011 ralliart or 370Z?