Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

k20

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K20 is Hondas best engine, just needs to stay in Hondas!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 406EVO
K20 is Hondas best engine, just needs to stay in Hondas!
Why is that?

People swap them in MR2, Lotus Elise, Ariel Atom,......What bout people swapping LS1/LSX engine into RX7, 240SX, Jaguar, BMW,.....? Are they stupid too? It's his car and his money, he can do whatever make him happy. Haha, who know? He may start a new trend.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by showoff3civic
that is the most pointless thing I have ever heard..... Those vehicles are also 2wd not awd not to mention a **** ton lighter. The k20 is a great motor! you can get some high hp numbers out of it but by no means is it a tq monster like the 4B11/4g63. If you have an evo and pull the motor in hopes of doing a k20 swap you should be taken out back and beat with a stick. Keep whats intended to be in the evo there, if you wanted a k20 you should have bought a new SI or an RSX.
there is REALLY no need to be so hostile i was simply making a thought i had public. i am in NO way a fan of hondas infact i hate them. and the new rsx's are horrendous. now as to the point im trying to make is i kno the K20 has alot more power HP wise. the Tq i was not aware of. the point is still the same id like to swap a motor out which would give me more mod options for bigger gains.

The reason for this being. say i build a 4b11, and an evo with a built 4b11 rolls up next to me, well essentially were the same car. now if i had a motor in my car that allows me to Burn the evo and make him go "OH ****" then my goal was accomplished
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Go for it man. I think it'll be sick, not to mention that it'll lighten up your evo (cast iron block compare to aluminum block). I would do the K24 thought. Good luck.

thank u tho it was just some late night blaze brainstorming lol
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:48 AM

Why is that?

People swap them in MR2, Lotus Elise, Ariel Atom,......What bout people swapping LS1/LSX engine into RX7, 240SX, Jaguar, BMW,.....? Are they stupid too? It's his car and his money, he can do whatever make him happy. Haha, who know? He may start a new trend.

XD i wouldnt go that far but thank u as well i was thinking outloud idk i dont want the same mivec every other evo has...
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:59 AM

Why is that?

KA24DET - 155 hp/160 tq
LS1 - 350 hp/365 tq

or the
1ZZ-FED - 140hp/128tq
K20A2 - 200hp/141tq

these are all upgraded engines...

4B11 - 297hp/300tq

This motor also has a block that is designed for boost unlike the K20 motor which if you want to make high power with, you will need to sleeve the block. Not to mention that you will have to find a way to make the motor mate to an AWD transmission and the electronics of AYC/S-AWC. Why destroy a perfectly good motor and car? If you decided to do this I will gladly take your 4B11 off your hands
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

my friend has a 10:1 k24a2. 67 billet turbo,kelford cams. i tuned it to 560whp @ 15psi. k20 engines are POWERFULL! too bad there is no traction to go with all that power.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by browningderek
my friend has a 10:1 k24a2. 67 billet turbo,kelford cams. i tuned it to 560whp @ 15psi. k20 engines are POWERFULL! too bad there is no traction to go with all that power.
Making power was never a problem for the K series engine. Getting traction from a FWD Honda is a differnt story. So that's why I think swapping the K series into an AWD flat form is a great idea.

To the OP, this project will be awesome, but please understand that it will cost a lot of $$$. Most of the stuff will be one off. Anyway, good luck.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by browningderek
too bad there is no traction to go with all that power.
This
Old Dec 15, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by showoff3civic
I have built a couple k20's and they are a hell of a motor. I have a k20A2 in my civic and with just stage 2 cams and bolt ons I dynoed at 225 whp, the car only weights around 2600 lbs.

hey.... i know you

and to TS you can buy my ep3 with k20a2 motor and tranny swap if you want.

there is no point in swapping that motor in to an evo. it will never be able to handle that much boost. the most ive seen push on a DD was 15lbs and that was on a fully built one.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Loudestsilence
would my evo have to be fwd isntead of awd?
Did you just ask this question? Even some of the people that THINK they know what they're talking about have NO IDEA. I'd be typing for days insulting people and correcting the dumbness thats happening in here. and it top it all off the poeple that id be arguing with would be returning stipid responces so at this point I dont think im gonna entertain anything at this point. k swap an evo great idea! hahaha...OMG!

Last edited by BURNALL_4; Dec 15, 2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by BURNALL_4
Did you just ask this question? Even some of the people that THINK they know what they're talking about have NO IDEA. I'd be typing for days insulting people and correcting the dumbness thats happening in here. and it top it all off the poeple that id be arguing with would be returning stipid responces so at this point I dont think im gonna entertain anything at this point. k swap an evo great idea! hahaha...OMG!
HAHAHA +7845126845

Seriously I cannot comprehend the stupidity that is being had in this thread. This thread needs to be locked before some serious feelings get hurt. I'd sit here and try to sort some of this out. But by time I would be done, I would develop arthritis in my wrists from typing so much.

OP please go get some more of that Cali Buds you getting, share with me, and then I might be able to understand one word you are trying to say.

Also sounds like a good idea, I'll give you $50 for the 4B11 your gonna swap for K20. Oh and make sure you pick up the K20A3! Haz awesome VTAK and puts out a whopping 140HP at 6K!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pwrofturbo
You will never get a K20 into an Evo. Even asking this question leads me to wonder about what the hell you are smoking.

I agree with that? why would you want to put a k20 in an evo? one thing about the evo that certain parts on the evo can handle between 400-500awhp and with the k20, you have to upgrade the parts.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
hey.... i know you

and to TS you can buy my ep3 with k20a2 motor and tranny swap if you want.

there is no point in swapping that motor in to an evo. it will never be able to handle that much boost. the most ive seen push on a DD was 15lbs and that was on a fully built one.

what are you doing here you get an Evolution?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by BURNALL_4
Originally Posted by Toyboxx
HAHAHA +7845126845

Seriously I cannot comprehend the stupidity that is being had in this thread. This thread needs to be locked before some serious feelings get hurt. I'd sit here and try to sort some of this out. But by time I would be done, I would develop arthritis in my wrists from typing so much.

OP please go get some more of that Cali Buds you getting, share with me, and then I might be able to understand one word you are trying to say.

Also sounds like a good idea, I'll give you $50 for the 4B11 your gonna swap for K20. Oh and make sure you pick up the K20A3! Haz awesome VTAK and puts out a whopping 140HP at 6K!
ONE. no need for name calling i was thinking out loud im not into engines and all my friends talk about (being honda hoes) are the k20 engines. i KNO the 4b11 only has about 140 hp not the 4b11t in the evo obv is different. Just cause i was thinking differently doesnt mean im Dumb so NO u can t have my engine for 50$ if i ever decide to swap and my main question right now is WHY even post in the tread if ur gunna insult me? oh and come to think of it, ppl make fwd cars into rwd or awd cars all the time so im pretty sure it wouldnt be to hard to find a set up that would work. when im done doing whatever im doing my car, I PROMISE, will make u wet

Quick Reply: k20