Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

No Evo could ever pull on a 911

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" ALAN - C'mon the Sti and EVO VIII are great cars...
for their price. But, fundamentally they are harsh, tin cans that have peaky engines. Yes, they accelerate and handle, but at what price. They are noisy, unrefined, harsh riding, and cheap.
They are characiture cars - when I see them I expect to see clowns jumping out of them.

They are cars that are not fit for anyone over the age of 20, and tell me, is there a secret club membership that dictates that all drivers must wear their baseball caps backwards.

Kiddy cars for the kiddies. "

============================================

PROSAILERTIM - These are far from Kiddy cars Alan. I'm a 44 year old professional and I've owned many performance cars in my life including Porsche.

How often do you guys take your cars to the track? I bet not many. Alan FYI, I've raced many C4's at the track, and all of them have had a good view of the Evo's *** end.

My car is far from stock and is not my daily driver, it's at XS-Engineering in Huntington Beach getting some additional engine work. My little "Clown Car" will have over 420 WHP, not bad for a four door car, with a trunk, ready for the track.

For you So. Calif. Porsche owners, if you would like to see some compition between Evo's & Porsche's invite us to one of your track events. Send an invatation to the So Cal Evo forum: www.socalevo.net Let's have a track day at the "Streets of Willow", it would be fun.

I'm a car enthusiast and I love Porsche's, to be narrow mined and say the Evo is not fit for anyone over the age of 20 is a lame statement.

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old Feb 29, 2004, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

these guys have no idea what they are talking about, my dad bought me an evo cuz of how damn good they handle, he even admits how it handles just as good or even better than his 996 tt, they need a reality cheeck big time
Old Feb 29, 2004, 05:16 PM

these guys have no idea what they are talking about, my dad bought me an evo cuz of how damn good they handle, he even admits how it handles just as good or even better than his 996 tt, they need a reality cheeck big time
Your father is wrong. Stock for stock anyway.

I don't know what's worse, the sissy P-car guys feeling threatened by cheaper and in some regards faster cars -- or you all giving two ****s.

On the whole, I would argue that most Porsche owners are enthusiasts and realize the merits of all vehicles. It is unfortunate that a few bozos can ruin that image for everyone.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

ya my dad and gf's dad are the same way, my dad and her dad get real jealous when i tell them how the evo would just spank them if i ever had one and we went to a track to race or actually raced down some redlight to red light or something.

its funy though because there old and try to justify spending 50-100K for a car that competes and can loose agains a 30K car hehe.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 06:06 PM
Account Disabled

Porsche is a Higher quailty car, it really is, and they do 180MPH ;plus, they arw worth more for a reason.

Kinda Like compairing a Z06 to a 360 Modena, if they were to race on teh highway, the Z06 would pull it, it handles JUST as well as the Modena, and costs damne near 100,000less.

But

Which car would you take

The Ferrari hands down

Evo is a great car, But I would LOVE a 911 Turbo AWD, justr love it.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by umiami80
Porsche is a Higher quailty car, it really is, and they do 180MPH ;plus, they arw worth more for a reason.

Kinda Like compairing a Z06 to a 360 Modena, if they were to race on teh highway, the Z06 would pull it, it handles JUST as well as the Modena, and costs damne near 100,000less.

But

Which car would you take

The Ferrari hands down

Evo is a great car, But I would LOVE a 911 Turbo AWD, justr love it.
o yeah no ****, i would take my dads 996 tt over my evo any day, but they cant admit that an evo can take out a 996 carrera and most of their other old *** nasty porsches
Old Feb 29, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Can't the P-cars do 180mph all day without any cooling issues?
Old Feb 29, 2004, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

oooo wow, look at the porsche.....big deal.....yeah they're nice, yeah they're good cars.....but to say that NO evo will pull on a 911 is ridiculous, and ignorant. My dad has a 911 C4, and my evo has basic bolt-ons + some electronics and my evo is A LOT faster than his 911.
Attached Thumbnails No Evo could ever pull on a 911-dscn0256.jpg  
Old Feb 29, 2004, 06:25 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally posted by umiami80

But

Which car would you take
it.
It is not a same comparo. I would actually take the Corvette especially the new one.

Evo is not ment to be a luxury car unlike Porsche. And every owner that spends ****load of $$$ on their car will be at least very unhappy if they lost to a cheap but faster "tin-can".
I for one always thought that anything universal is not good.
Luxury and performance all-in-one usually don't work together.
If you're trying to put it all in one, it's gonna have a price and still not be like all performance.
Some cars come close but for what cost. Insane.
I think that to date, the best bang for the buck all-in-one vehicle is a BMW M3.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, those Porsche guys are some elitist ******. They babble on about heritage and this "feeling" you get when you own one. I want a car to have fun in and get me from point a, to point b. I don't need one to compensate for my shortcomings.

If I wanted heritage, I would be looking at Ferraris, not Porsches.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

"C'mon the Sti and EVO VIII are great cars...

for their price. But, fundamentally they are harsh, tin cans that have peaky engines. Yes, they accelerate and handle, but at what price. They are noisy, unrefined, harsh riding, and cheap."

This I have to agree with. I'll maintain that the Evo is not the car for the everyman. The clown statement went over my head though.

Evo's are a very purpose motivated cars from design through production, they aren't meant to be rolling works of art. Only the serious enthusiast need apply.

You guys need to remember that people who buy 911's and such are not interested in bang for the buck. They are into potential performance, comfort and status in varying levels. The potential part is the most important one to keep in mind. How many 911's do you see racing on the street? It's a little bit of a different mentality. I doubt there are many Porche owners, or Ferrari owners for that matter, that would put up with such a level of unrefinement unless such a car could be determined to be “the best” at something.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

when are you guys going to learn that evos SUCK!? JESUS 911 TURBAO OWNZ ALL. I AM RICEBOI PHEER ME / sarcasm. Who cares anyway, let them say what they want, we cant change ****. Just show em up when it comes to the track
Old Mar 2, 2004, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ahhh. phuk it i dont care anymore.......
Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

that's all they can say bout the evo..."rice" "20yrs old drive them" "bodykit..." they all talk bout heritage of the "P"...Doesn't a EVO have a rich rally heritage also??? i see mad 20yrs old rockin a "P"...ain't anythin special...i think i see more "P" on the road than evos...i love "P" myself...but wow...those "P" owner on that board r mighty dumb when it come to cars.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:04 PM

Ignorance truly is bliss. I will bet that there are more Porsche owners who have never driven, let alone raced, an EVO than those the ones who have come from a Porsche and decided to buy an EVO.

The Porsche owners are the ones that don't get it. An Evo CAN pull on a C4S, nothin' special. Period.

Quick Reply: No Evo could ever pull on a 911