Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

No Evo could ever pull on a 911

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2004, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No Evo could ever pull on a 911

check this thread out...two things are apparent...1. some of these "P" guys are clueless, and 2. they're clueless

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...4228#post74228

Old Feb 29, 2004, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Jason - Good job putting up the fight, but those guys will never get it. I am a big Porsche fan, but I don't get the mentality (of BMW guys, either). How many of those guys take their cars to the track? I bet not many. Their humility would grow very quickly (if not displayed outwardly). My favorite comment was the one about how the Evo is ugly like a Pinto with a bodykit... LOL. I forgot how "dead sexy" the Cayenne is... Or the spectacularly beautiful 914.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
Jason - Good job putting up the fight, but those guys will never get it. I am a big Porsche fan, but I don't get the mentality (of BMW guys, either). How many of those guys take their cars to the track? I bet not many. Their humility would grow very quickly (if not displayed outwardly). My favorite comment was the one about how the Evo is ugly like a Pinto with a bodykit... LOL. I forgot how "dead sexy" the Cayenne is... Or the spectacularly beautiful 914.
I thought everyone here would get a kick out of it. It's funny how the wrx/sti and the evo really rub some people the wrong way. The funny thing is that I love porsche and was not downing the marque...I think my original point was that it doesn't make sense to me to spend close to $90k on a new c4s over a used TT.

I need to remember that my little 2.0 litre runs out of steam over 60
Old Feb 29, 2004, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for us people that does not have $90k to spend on a car, it doesnt make sence. but for them, it's just a drop in the bucket. I would buy a 996 or a GT2 in a heart beat if I had the mulla...

think of it this way.. you have $40 in your wallet and you see something you like that is $30. You think twice in buying it..

you have $100 and you see something you like for $30... the hesitation to buy it is not that great... it is easonable at that moment.

porsche'a ROCK!! some people just have to stop being car owners and start being a car enthusiast .
Old Feb 29, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Whooopasss
some people just have to stop being car owners and start being a car enthusiast .
I hope that's not directed at Jason and I... If you read the thread in the link, you'll see that the Porsche owners need to adopt that philosophy.

Hell, I find the excitement in some of the $14,000 econo superminis in the UK...
Old Feb 29, 2004, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

I have a nice little black evo that was built for just this reason...my friend has a pretty nice viper gts...that i continue to pull on...and he gets pissed...i told him i only have a "chip" and exhaust...he doesnt know any better...and I told him I think I have a factory freak...he stands there with a real look of amazement....but the best by far...was the look on a guys face on one of those jap bikes...after about 30 mph...he was trying to get out around some cars...i was behind him went to the left lane...and very slowly pulled on him...he floowed me all the way to aventura...at a light...he asked me what was in it ( my car looks and sounds completly stock now unlike the modified article) I told him I have no idea its my wifes car and we bought it used...(Im not even married) but the look on his face was priceless...Im actually thinking of setting up my car with small video cameras to catch these looks...I saw on another message board a guy who set up some of these pen cameras and recorded all the info from inside...I never had so much fuin with a car...in the entire 400 miles ive driven it (now I have a broken diff these cars were not made to be launched just enjoy them from a roll)..Im also going with a smaller housing (.63 on my gt35r turbo) the gt35r is useless for street driving...way too big...
Old Feb 29, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Pesto360
I have a nice little black evo that was built for just this reason...my friend has a pretty nice viper gts...that i continue to pull on...and he gets pissed...i told him i only have a "chip" and exhaust...he doesnt know any better...and I told him I think I have a factory freak...he stands there with a real look of amazement....but the best by far...was the look on a guys face on one of those jap bikes...after about 30 mph...he was trying to get out around some cars...i was behind him went to the left lane...and very slowly pulled on him...he floowed me all the way to aventura...at a light...he asked me what was in it ( my car looks and sounds completly stock now unlike the modified article) I told him I have no idea its my wifes car and we bought it used...(Im not even married) but the look on his face was priceless...Im actually thinking of setting up my car with small video cameras to catch these looks...I saw on another message board a guy who set up some of these pen cameras and recorded all the info from inside...I never had so much fuin with a car...in the entire 400 miles ive driven it (now I have a broken diff these cars were not made to be launched just enjoy them from a roll)..Im also going with a smaller housing (.63 on my gt35r turbo) the gt35r is useless for street driving...way too big...
that's good stuff
Old Feb 29, 2004, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope that's not directed at Jason and I... If you read the thread in the link, you'll see that the Porsche owners need to adopt that philosophy.

Hell, I find the excitement in some of the $14,000 econo superminis in the UK...

nah.. it was for some of them porsche guys..
Old Feb 29, 2004, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

and hey jason, i believed your c4s story, cuz i did it once also...they guy looked hella pissed cuz he couldn't pull away from me...
Old Feb 29, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just would like to add something how many people drive their porsches thru the winter? rain or as dialy driver probably not many.
"EVO is ugly like a pinto with bodykit?" iam not going to bash other rides i love porsches, but this guy needs to learn something there is no bodykit on evos meybe on his porsche. or someone posted " evo is for kiddies" right mr porsche guy and you are probably 40+ with deep money pocket all you do is "CLEAN" "MEETING" "GARAGE" thats all.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

You guys are absolutely right-they just don't get it. At the last two events at Mid Ohio with a BMW club and a Porsche club, several people came over to ask me what in the hell it was.When I said an Evo VIII they said wtfit? Very few cars in A group where I ran or in B group where my daughter ran were able to get buy us. I currently have a 944 turbo track car-408RWHP and a C2S2 Turbo of which there were only 20 made(341RWHP) which I have also tracked. My first event is coming up at Mid Ohio in April. What will we be driving the most? The Evo, which will have completed the Buschur Stage 4 mods by then. So, let the Porsche and BMW people stay in their never never land.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 09:28 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

People always try to justify their investment.
I find people that bash someone elses car childish. I used to be like that years ago until I really started enjoying cars.
Every car has something special, even if it's a most common malfunction
Evo is a great little car. I was very sceptical about buying it because of interior looks but after you drive it, you don't even care. It becomes a couple of pedals, shifter, a steering wheel and an awesome 4wd.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

thats total BS what alot of those "P" guys say. just stupid. I bet 99% of them have never driven a evo so they really have no idea what there talking about when they bad muot the car, which is stupid.

My dad has a boxster S . .. granted its not a 911T or whatever, but its still a porsche, we took it down to hilton head one spring break ** last year ** and it was one of the wrost road trips i've ever been on.

Now - i've driven in EVO's before, not 10 hour rides but long enough to tell if its going to be a good ride or just get me the hell outta this car ride. And the evo just totally felt better. Sure it doesnt ahve heated leather seats, but its a sports car damnit, it shuldnt!

Just my thoughts
Old Feb 29, 2004, 10:03 AM

Location: West Texas, where the roads are straight and long, and the law is few and far between
well, I went over and added my 2-cents, for whatever that's worth......(2-cents?)
Old Feb 29, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Bunch of hairdressers

Quick Reply: No Evo could ever pull on a 911