Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

No Evo could ever pull on a 911

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and people actually want to BUY a porsche and be PART of that elitist idiotic pompous community? jeez.

am i the only one that would rather have an evo over a porsche (any model)????

even if i were rich beyond all human comprehension, i'd probably get evo, sti, gtr, 280z, rx7, rx8... cars of that nature.. old school muscle cars, 80's buick grand national...

i just dont' think i coudl justify 100k on a car, even if it were less than a drop in the bucket.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the same day I bought my Evo, a guy on a yellow GT3 is checking my car out. I guess only the hardcore guys that understand.

You are right, a bunch of hairdressers
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:46 AM

BTW, notice this pattern:

1) They will say that their cars are much superior in the performance areas.

Once you exhaust their arguments

2) They will bash the look (or whatever non-technical aspects); they might even say that the car is not a chick magnet of whatsoever

Once you exhaust their arguments with the funcionalities of the Evo gadgetries

3) They will still say that we are unworthy ricers, unworthy of their exclussive class , regardless of the performance of the car.

The point is, they will want to keep the superiority shown by the investment made
Old Mar 3, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, it's a completely shallow argument. you want to pay that much for status?! jeez. i'm all for the legacy, (as i have an evo 8) but damn, they're going overboard. looks, class. that's all it boils down to with them. yes, stock for stock, most porsches will hand us our asses... but they should at that price. but an evo with 4-5k in it? not a problem. i'd rather buy a house than a porsche, but whatever.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hueman
yeah, it's a completely shallow argument. you want to pay that much for status?! jeez. i'm all for the legacy, (as i have an evo 8) but damn, they're going overboard. looks, class. that's all it boils down to with them. yes, stock for stock, most porsches will hand us our asses... but they should at that price. but an evo with 4-5k in it? not a problem. i'd rather buy a house than a porsche, but whatever.
The initial point that I was making, that all those guys missed, was that it's hard to justify spending $90k on a c4s when you can get a perfect Twin Turbo 911 for $85K. I considered a TT 911 but for me it was an issue of perception...sometime I drive my Evo to work or to meet a client, if I were to roll up in a TT 911 it would not be well received
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jasonc32amg

The initial point that I was making, that all those guys missed, was that it's hard to justify spending $90k on a c4s when you can get a perfect Twin Turbo 911 for $85K. I considered a TT 911 but for me it was an issue of perception...sometime I drive my Evo to work or to meet a client, if I were to roll up in a TT 911 it would not be well received
maybe a TT 911 that's 4 years old and has 30k miles on it. My dad recently bought a new C4, and if he could've got a TT 911 for the same price that had similar miles and from the same year, he would have definately gotten that instead. TT 911 is an extremely hot car. But, I would more than like buy 4 $40k cars instead of one $150k car.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by en1gma19

maybe a TT 911 that's 4 years old and has 30k miles on it. My dad recently bought a new C4, and if he could've got a TT 911 for the same price that had similar miles and from the same year, he would have definately gotten that instead. TT 911 is an extremely hot car. But, I would more than like buy 4 $40k cars instead of one $150k car.
Not at all, many under 20k miles 01 and up..they have taken a big hit
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:56 AM

jasonc32amg is correct. Your dad got ripped off.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

My wife is friends at work with this chick who moved here from the midwest with her husband who came to attend Yale MEdical school. When I first met this cat we sat down to discuss cars and I went on and on about Evos, Subbies, and the like an dthis dude waited until I finished everything I had to say. For him to look down his nose and say my friend drives an Audi TT, my cousin has a Porsche (911 I think), and daddy has a Mercedes sport coup something or another.
Now I was HEATED because this cat tried to act like his **** dont stink. So I said well if you do a little homework you will see that for 1/2 the price you can get the same performance and handling, and auto history.
Fast foward 3 years later to the present. He finished Med School and is going back home with a 02 WRX, and is trying to trade it in for an Evo or STi.

Wonder what daddy and his crumpet chewing friends are going to say when he pulls into the estate in an Import!

Notch one up for 'da boys!
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

not true....my dad got a very good price on his car. He knew the salesman for a long time (previously owned 944, etc.) all the 911 TT around what he paid were 2001 at the newest and had like 25-30k miles. do a search for 2002 or newer 911 TT for $85k or less on autotrader and see what comes up. 1 automatic, 1 with body damage, and some guy claiming to be selling an 04 cabriolet for 45k.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:19 PM
MP5
In Timeout

I dont know why you guys are so bent outta shape with this. I think its a language problem and yall just dont understand yuppiespeak. What they ment to say was "No EVO could pull Muff over a Porshe(POr-ch-A)"
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

here you go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10156

Take your pic... those are the buy it now proces, so you can do better than that...the last one in particular is sweet...let me know if you need information on where to send the finders fee
Old Mar 3, 2004, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

I have to agree with Jason on this one. The 996 TTs have really depreciated rapidly, esp. compared to 993 TTs. I always check the classifieds in AutoWeek and it took FOREVER for 993 TTs to drop below $100K. However, 1-yr old 996 TTs that stickered at $140,000 were selling for $105,000, etc. Now you can find them cheaper than ever (as noted above). I don't know if it's because of unspoken glitches, or that according to so many reviews, the 996 TT is "soulless". The Evo definitely has soul. No worries there. BTW, I love when Porsche guys roll up, scope the Brembos and wonder why their car doesn't have red calipers... LOL "Shoulda bought the Boxster S..."
Old Mar 3, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
I have to agree with Jason on this one. The 996 TTs have really depreciated rapidly, esp. compared to 993 TTs. I always check the classifieds in AutoWeek and it took FOREVER for 993 TTs to drop below $100K. However, 1-yr old 996 TTs that stickered at $140,000 were selling for $105,000, etc. Now you can find them cheaper than ever (as noted above). I don't know if it's because of unspoken glitches, or that according to so many reviews, the 996 TT is "soulless". The Evo definitely has soul. No worries there. BTW, I love when Porsche guys roll up, scope the Brembos and wonder why their car doesn't have red calipers... LOL "Shoulda bought the Boxster S..."
I think the production numbers are much larger for the 996 TT's...also, with the 997's around the corner people are holding off...look at what happened to the previous generation E55's when the supercharged daddy's came out...or the Z06 when they bumped the hp to 405...
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by CoronaLancer
My wife is friends at work with this chick who moved here from the midwest with her husband who came to attend Yale MEdical school. When I first met this cat we sat down to discuss cars and I went on and on about Evos, Subbies, and the like an dthis dude waited until I finished everything I had to say. For him to look down his nose and say my friend drives an Audi TT, my cousin has a Porsche (911 I think), and daddy has a Mercedes sport coup something or another.
Now I was HEATED because this cat tried to act like his **** dont stink. So I said well if you do a little homework you will see that for 1/2 the price you can get the same performance and handling, and auto history.
Fast foward 3 years later to the present. He finished Med School and is going back home with a 02 WRX, and is trying to trade it in for an Evo or STi.

Wonder what daddy and his crumpet chewing friends are going to say when he pulls into the estate in an Import!

Notch one up for 'da boys!

ahahahhahaHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

OH GOD... audi TT?! AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHA

good story

Quick Reply: No Evo could ever pull on a 911