Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

No Evo could ever pull on a 911

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I read that post and it's just ridiculous what BS some of those guys spout out. Don't get me wrong, I love Porsches and I'd like to have one. If the maintenace was not such big issue with them, I'd prolly have one now (used ones can be bought for reasonable prices). Anyway, I've driven 356C, 911, 914, 924, and the last air cooled cabrio they made, plus the other day my neighbor gave me the keys to a 996. Sure they are way cool cars and very powerful, etc. But really , to criticize the EVOs and STi for being "cheap", "noisy", "punk cars", "clown cars" is pretty silly. With all due respect to the Porsche queens, the EVO is not, noisier or has more rattles than any comparatively used 996. Furthemore, as bad as reliability is, the Porsches are worse Anybody that'll tell you a Porsche (or any German car) is more reliable or better built than an EVO is smoking bad crack. The Evo might be cheaper and have a few less expensive parts but in my book it compares very favorably with the Porsches in every respect except the legend and name of a very expensive car.

Last edited by silverEVO8; Apr 26, 2004 at 12:42 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they only call them cheap, punk, and noisy because they know they have a challenge, and have to justify their position. I just extremely dislike cocky owners who don't know what their doing... power to the informed! As far as reliability, eh.. depends whether how much of a maintenance adherent you are.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

It's funny how they're calling them noisy when the 911 Carrera RS is arguably the noisiest of them all.

Not to mention it is one of the best cars ever made.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

I've met some cool Porsche owners, but for the most part Porsche and BMW people are all about the "prestige" of owning German excellence. I guess nobody realizes that every other car around them is a 3-series or Boxster... some prestige HA! Anyway, the few ferrari owners I've met know they have nothing to prove, so they're usually pretty cool. I met a 308 owner last week who was super cool, and for that matter, Shelby Cobra owners are awesome. I think that Porsche owners have to talk beacuse their cars just aren't exclusive anymore, but they still want to feel that way. I know... Rambling, but oh well...
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I guess we have our share of stupid posters that go off on other cars for whatever obscure reasons... I was just surprised at the vehemence and vitriol of some of the Porsche (not all by any means) owners. Who knows, maybe some of the worse ones are not even owners but just posers
Anyway, I think that Porsches are really neat cars, and I've always wanted one. However, the crap they are putting on the EVO is just all wrong. Hell, if they say "it's no Porsche", that would be OK and true. But to call it a clown car?... That's just silly and insecure
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:57 PM

I thought a clown car contained 20 clowns into something the size of a mini? I think EVO's can't fit 20 people in them, and they sure aren't the size of a mini. There, Logically, the EVO is NOT a clown car. How's that?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Locking this thread before it gets worse