Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2014 Ford Fiesta ST project

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 08:56 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Looks like a calm sunday drive. Not a fan of the wide angle though, hard to see apexes.

Great video!

Feel free to share it here as well:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...ad-merged.html
Old Nov 9, 2014, 09:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie

How hard is the ECU to learn? It seems pretty detailed and complex from what I have read...
It's pretty complex compared to the Evo stuff but once you get in there,log, compare, see the connections, etc it starts making sense. At least with the stock turbo.

Going to a larger turbo is going to make it more challenging as all the VE models and such have to change and it looks pretty complex but it might be more of the same as the above.

Cobb recently did a software update that GREATLY helps boost control and changes the strategy, also introduced switchable maps and some other cool additions on top of the OEM strategies that really helps tuning.

Before, the OEM boost control strategy was intertwined over 10+ tables and such, total pain in the ***.

So far their support of the platform is soooo much better than it was with the Mitsubishi platform.

I actually love the power of the ECU, makes the Evo stuff seem like the stone age.

Last edited by razorlab; Nov 9, 2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's pretty complex compared to the Evo stuff but once you get in there,log, compare, see the connections, etc it starts making sense. At least with the stock turbo.

Going to a larger turbo is going to make it more challenging as all the VE models and such have to change and it looks pretty complex but it might be more of the same as the above.

Cobb recently did a software update that GREATLY helps boost control and changes the strategy, also introduced switchable maps and some other cool additions on top of the OEM strategies that really helps tuning.

Before, the OEM boost control strategy was intertwined over 10+ tables and such, total pain in the ***.

So far their support of the platform is soooo much better than it was with the Mitsubishi platform.

I actually love the power of the ECU, makes the Evo stuff seem like the stone age.
Sounds good... I am just having trouble finding one around em with the options that I want... All I want really is the recaro package, I don't care about painted wheels or calipers nor do I care about nav.... all of them are the ricer orange color... I want a black or white one...

I guess when I get back from deployment next week I will have to have a look see, and test drive one... after the test drive it may not even be something I am interested in...

They look super fun, but parts seem to be really expensive for them from what I have been looking at... looks like I might start fabbing my own stuff since I will have a bit more time once I get back...

I don't think they were prepared for the plethora of information you always include in your posts on the fiST forums... I think it was info overload LOL... Looking forward to more results!
Old May 4, 2015, 03:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Updated the first post with direct links to milestones with the car.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:29 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Good stuff.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:43 AM
EvoM Guru

I don't pay much attention to the Fiesta ST Forums anymore but I checked in the other day.

Looks like they are finally making some good power on these lil' guys now:

Old Jul 4, 2016, 07:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Haven't updated this in forever.

This weekend I returned this Fiesta ST to Ford as I had leased it for two years.

Apparently I enjoyed it so much I ended up replacing it with another Fiesta ST. 2016 Fiesta ST in white again. For 2016 it's a pearl white. I really wanted a Magnetic Grey one but it proved impossible to find in the options I wanted. (Recaros, Nav, Sunroof)

I shopped around and test drove other options before I went with another Fiesta. Truth be told there really isn't anything that has the same performance to value balance.

The FRS/BRZ twins are close in driving involvement but just didn't do it for me overall, plus they cost more with same equivalent options and the Fiesta is WAY more powerful everyday.

The cars I was looking at and test drove: Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, Mazda CX-3 (basically an AWD Fiesta), Mazda 2 (used), Focus ST, VW MK7 GTi.

I don't plan on tracking this one as that is what my Evo 10 is for, so just a fun little normal week day driver.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 08:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Haven't updated this in forever.

This weekend I returned this Fiesta ST to Ford as I had leased it for two years.

Apparently I enjoyed it so much I ended up replacing it with another Fiesta ST. 2016 Fiesta ST in white again. For 2016 it's a pearl white. I really wanted a Magnetic Grey one but it proved impossible to find in the options I wanted. (Recaros, Nav, Sunroof)

I shopped around and test drove other options before I went with another Fiesta. Truth be told there really isn't anything that has the same performance to value balance.

The FRS/BRZ twins are close in driving involvement but just didn't do it for me overall, plus they cost more with same equivalent options and the Fiesta is WAY more powerful everyday.

The cars I was looking at and test drove: Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, Mazda CX-3 (basically an AWD Fiesta), Mazda 2 (used), Focus ST, VW MK7 GTi.

I don't plan on tracking this one as that is what my Evo 10 is for, so just a fun little normal week day driver.
Cool info. No FoRS? I guess you can't find one or aren't available for lease? You gonna set up the FiST for EXX?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 09:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by mrfred
Cool info. No FoRS? I guess you can't find one or aren't available for lease? You gonna set up the FiST for EXX?
No Focus RS because I have the Evo 10. I was looking to keep a cheap lease, I got this one for approx $1300 under invoice and am paying about $15 more a month than my Fiesta before ($250 vs $266). It's seriously a bargain for what it is. Anything else close to that price is something boring or is fun but has no torque (Mazda 2, CX-3, FRS/BRZ).

I'll tune this Fiesta ST for E30 again as soon as COBB gets their act together and releases AccessTuner again. They took it off the market to retool it and unfortunately I wasn't able to update it for 2016 before they did that.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
No Focus RS because I have the Evo 10. I was looking to keep a cheap lease, I got this one for approx $1300 under invoice and am paying about $15 more a month than my Fiesta before ($250 vs $266). It's seriously a bargain for what it is. Anything else close to that price is something boring or is fun but has no torque (Mazda 2, CX-3, FRS/BRZ).

I'll tune this Fiesta ST for E30 again as soon as COBB gets their act together and releases AccessTuner again. They took it off the market to retool it and unfortunately I wasn't able to update it for 2016 before they did that.
Aren't you able to just plug back in your previously used add-ons and reflash? Or you going another route this time. Will the new FiST not accept your previous AccessTuner maps?

When you drove the FiST was it allot more responsive and less lumbering then a Fost?

Glad the deal worked out.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Wait a minute am I to understand you just lease these cars and track them, then turn them back in at the end of the lease lol?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 08:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Wait a minute am I to understand you just lease these cars and track them, then turn them back in at the end of the lease lol?
Everybody does this, all the time. In fact, my track insurance signup forms have the option of selecting owned or leased on them.

You can track leased cars no problem.

Last edited by razorlab; Jul 5, 2016 at 08:53 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 08:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by whtrice
Aren't you able to just plug back in your previously used add-ons and reflash? Or you going another route this time. Will the new FiST not accept your previous AccessTuner maps?
I can plug in my accessport and flash 2016 Cobb OTS maps on to it no problem. I just can't currently use Accesstuner to create my own maps because Accesstuner needs to be VIN matched to the car, which only Cobb can do. I'm going to see if I can beg them to get a VIN matched software now so I don't have to wait for their retooling.

Originally Posted by whtrice
When you drove the FiST was it allot more responsive and less lumbering then a Fost?
Way more responsive, more connected and easier to toss around. It barely even felt slower in acceleration too. The 500lbs difference really shows.

Don't even get me started on the MK7 GTI, it felt like a piece of soggy bread compared.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Everybody does this, all the time. In fact, my track insurance signup forms have the option of selecting owned or leased on them.

You can track leased cars no problem.
Ive have been doing this all wrong then!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I would really enjoy a FiST for a daily. I just also really need the truck for trailering the Evo to track days...sigh...lol

Quick Reply: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST project