Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the SRT4?
The car is sick!! I\'d get one in a second...
18.47%
The performance is nuts, but the styling sucks
28.03%
It\'s alright for the money
31.21%
If I had nothing but money I\'d get one
8.92%
They suck, i\'ll never buy one!
13.38%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

SRT-4 | Anything and Everything [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2003, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we are also missing the fact that after the SRT-4s get wrecked and what not... we are going to have lots of people trying to do engine swaps into the regular even more bugeyed neons... creating a breed worse than civics (yes I said worse than civics) ... at least there are decent amount of not half bad to good looking civics ... personally I haven't seen a good looking neon in my life.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

well at least people know how to say "it's still a neon"

never heard someone said "it's still a civic"
Old Feb 20, 2003, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by purecoda
I find it ironic that so many of us want a re-awakening of the muscle cars of yesteryear, while our nation is on the brink of war, largely because of dependence on middle-eastern oil. Don't get me wrong, I like muscle cars just as much as the next guy, but it isn't politically or environmently prudent to keep mass producing large engined sports cars, when we have the technology for more modern cars to be just as quick and even less expensive. Growing up can be a *****, can't it?
its not so ironic. people will always buy cars that waste gas. mostly SUVs. they get worse mileage than almost all sports cars. the only way to keep people from buyin gas guzzling cars is to not sell them at all. its just how things r.

and i hate it when people try to explain to me how practical an SUV is, but it will never be more practical than a minivan. (excuse my rant, i just dont like SUVs).

the srt-4 is a great car for its price. buy it if you want it...but dont let other people tell you what car u should get or not get.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by fishsauce
and i hate it when people try to explain to me how practical an SUV is, but it will never be more practical than a minivan. (excuse my rant, i just dont like SUVs).

the srt-4 is a great car for its price. buy it if you want it...but dont let other people tell you what car u should get or not get.
Amen to that. Can never please all the people all the time, so why try.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I was under the impresion that 5000 were going to be made (at first) and it was also said that alot are reserved so no I dont believe you are going to be seeing every new highschooler driving around in one of these cars. You may see them around but not like a civic or anything to that scale. Seeing the type of "new" turbo setup that they have I wonder if they will go into major production. The car might be a little to spendy to make for dodge but hey who knows I'm no accountant. I look at past cars like this and the prices were for about 25-28k.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 06:57 PM
Ben
Evolving Member

Still a neon??? So by that logic, the EVO is less of a car because it's still a Lancer.

I don't care what platform it's built from, fast is fast, and this things a bargain for how fast it is. I wouldn't buy one though, because it's still FWD.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:28 PM

Personally I am leaning towards ditching my 2002 Lancer ES and going for the SRT-4. Seems like you get A LOT more for your money.

Don't get me wrong, the Lancer is a nice car, but I expected to be able to do much more for less costs to it performance wise. Spending a grand to get 10HP with CAI and Cat Back just doesn't seem wise to me.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

SRT-4
Street Racing Technology, 4 cylinder beast
the viper is srt 10 so its a
Sreet Racing Technology, 10 cylinder beast!
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ben
Still a neon??? So by that logic, the EVO is less of a car because it's still a Lancer.

You misunderstand.

The Neon is a ****box.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:10 PM

i've got nothin but props for the srt4. all the reviews i've read have all praised it.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 2003lancer
i've got nothin but props for the srt4. all the reviews i've read have all praised it.
Sure it's plenty fast and nice-enough when new. But just think about what they will be like after 30-40k miles.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 01:17 AM
Ben
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Mark F

You misunderstand.

The Neon is a ****box.
No I understand completely, if that tells you what I think of the Lancer.

The lancer may be a little nicer, but it's still just a FWD econobox to me. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that's my opinion. I'll never own a FWD vehicle.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 02:16 AM

Lancer = Slow ****box
Neon SRT-4 = Fast ****box

Comeon these are both econo compact cars, build quality is equally ****ty and equally good for both cars. SRT-4 just offers a nice Turbo for about 5000 more than what we paid for our cars.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 02:17 AM

Actually let me add, if our lancer was sold for 5000 more with 17 inch rims and killer horse power then I'd much prefer it over the neon. SRT-4 is a great car, and should be respected. A Lancer with SRT-4 specs would be much nicer though imo
Old Feb 22, 2003, 04:34 AM

Originally posted by Mark F

You misunderstand.

The Neon is a ****box.
Funny coming from a guy with a Spec V, those haven't had any problems.....huh?

Quick Reply: SRT-4 | Anything and Everything [ALL THREADS MERGED]