Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you be able to get ur money back?

im in a situation right now where that might happen to me.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

yea i should one of the moderators told me that I could contact local police, file a report, then file a claim on the FTC.gov website, then contact the FBI's Internet crimes division (Ic3.gov) to report the wire fraud.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:10 AM

I have also been taken for $340 from EVONRP - for a stock hood that was never received. Why is his account still active on this board???
Old Mar 19, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Wow thats crazy so like 5 of us got scammed by this fool. I will probably not get any of my money back from paypal because they are tools. I used my paypal funds to pay for the turbo kit but I will try suing this guy and contacting the fed in a few weeks. I spoke to the guy on myspace I saved every pm he gave me so I guess im in a bind here. If lose 3 grand because some one wasnt doing there job on evom I will just post and tell all my peeps not buy stuff on EVOM its just to risky unless its local or they are a vendor other than that if a deal is to good to be true stay away from it its more likely a scam. Figures this guy had decent rating for selling parts but unfortunately it had to happen to me I was the one who got scammed out of 3,000.00. This kind of sucks because now my money is sitting in someone else's hand.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
Peter is no scammer my A$$!!! Check the thread... You will see that he has been banned from EVOM and has scammed MULTIPLE people. Please do not post if you do not have any idea what you are talking about.
iBOOST prob is peter
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by boostin06ggevo
Wow thats crazy so like 5 of us got scammed by this fool. I will probably not get any of my money back from paypal because they are tools. I used my paypal funds to pay for the turbo kit but I will try suing this guy and contacting the fed in a few weeks. I spoke to the guy on myspace I saved every pm he gave me so I guess im in a bind here. If lose 3 grand because some one wasnt doing there job on evom I will just post and tell all my peeps not buy stuff on EVOM its just to risky unless its local or they are a vendor other than that if a deal is to good to be true stay away from it its more likely a scam. Figures this guy had decent rating for selling parts but unfortunately it had to happen to me I was the one who got scammed out of 3,000.00. This kind of sucks because now my money is sitting in someone else's hand.
I feel your pain as it is probably one of the mods friends .Last fall I saw a potential scammer (by his feedback he had scammed alot of people) and posted in his F/S thread for people to check his feedback before buying anything from him and he P.M's me to either take down my post as that was in the past or he would have it taken down for me. Guess what? The next day my post was deleated by one of his mod friends and a week later some people who purchased off him were complaining that they got SCAMMED,GOOD JOB MODS....(see post here,read whole post https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=291290&page=2 )And here is the kicker....Someone post a WTB and I offer up a part and some TOOL (mattbrown0761) makes a post below mine (from what I hear) after being warned and being booted from evom for 3 days for the exact same behavior(following my post around and posting B.S. in them,read post here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=294738&page=2 )and the next thing I know when I logged on after work is I got a warning from a MOD for posting off topic,WTF "You have received an infraction at evolutionm.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear turboDan,

You have received an infraction at evolutionm.net.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=5396250

Reason: Causing a thread to go off topic
-------
Same ****, different thread.
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
evolutionm.net"
,I offered a part to someone looking to buy,How the F#ck is that causing a thread to go off topic? I ask WTF happened and he explained that the same TOOL made a post below my reply and he gives me a warning and removes my post,WTF?????The whole kicker is that very same person who has followed me around in each post doesn't even OWN an evo,doesn't even contribute to this forum and is only on here to purchase scrap for his own monetary gains,and the MODs know it and still do NOTHING about it,GOOD JOB AGAIN MODS......See how long this post lasts before being removed and you tell me what is going on here.... I posted the links to what I am talking about and you see for yourself....I can only bet that this post will get deleated just like the others...

Last edited by turboDan; Mar 19, 2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:52 PM
Account Disabled

Talk about "Full Circle" ... I just noticed that the post that was deleated and I got a warning for was YOUR boostin06ggevo posted WTB ad.....
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Wow if any of our posts get deleted Im defintely taking serious matter.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
Account Disabled

Wow if any of our posts get deleted Im defintely taking serious matter.
Did you notice that my post in your WTB ad got deleted and it was for "causing thread to go off topic" Let me ask you this,when you posted that WTB ad and I replied that I had one and to p.m. me an offer,was that causing the thread to go off topic or was it a MOD that apparently has a personal problem with me that decided to "act" on my post?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
Did you notice that my post in your WTB ad got deleted and it was for "causing thread to go off topic" Let me ask you this,when you posted that WTB ad and I replied that I had one and to p.m. me an offer,was that causing the thread to go off topic or was it a MOD that apparently has a personal problem with me that decided to "act" on my post?
Thers some shady stuff going on here on evom........
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by turboDan
It is obvious you have a problem with the moderation and this is not the forum to write about it. Please move this discussion to the feedback forum. Also, send me your proof that moderator's knowingly shielded a scammer. Thanks.

Speedlimit..
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thers some shady stuff going on here on evom........

Same for you. Please move this discussion to the feedback forum.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
It is obvious you have a problem with the moderation and this is not the forum to write about it. Please move this discussion to the feedback forum. Also, send me your proof that moderator's knowingly shielded a scammer. Thanks.

Speedlimit..
Here you Go.... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290
You certainly have the ability to see why and when my post was deleated from this thread and by which MOD as well as his responses to my post and if I would have saved the P.M. from him TELLING me to "either take down my post or he would have it taken down for me.".... What more is needed?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

One more time, take this to the feedback forum or PM me your facts concerning a mod shielding a "friend". There is a HUGE difference between the decisions a moderator makes every day on reported post and throwing around unfounded accusations. Again, either provide me facts that clearly indicate the moderator knowingly deleted your posts to protect a friend or keep them to yourself.

Last edited by Speedlimit; Mar 19, 2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting this thread back on track. We can only handle issues we are informed about, and only when given the proper time. We get repeated PMs from epople that think they have been scammed because a package is a day or two late, or they have not been able to talk to the seller for a couple days. In these cases, we have to give a reasonable amount of time for the seller to to deliver and or respond. 99 percent of the time, everything goes through just fine. For the time that dont, we first demand that offending member resolve the issue and take away his selling rights. If that doesn't work, after a brief time, they are banned. This is actually pretty rare. Well we understand that there are generally high emotions, this is no excuse to highly offend the staff that despite a couple peoples misguided views, is here to help. There is absolutely no reason why ANY mod would ever protect anyone that is hurting our members, however there are other reasons why posts would be deleted other than what has been brought up.

For any more commentary on moderation, please go to the SS&F section as speed limit suggested

Quick Reply: Scam Alert