Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea he's the guy that was on here and stole a bunch of peoples money.... He's in the MASS area...

he's using his cash-in's to cash-out on new stuff.!
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:38 AM

Just to stress a not very intelligent point!!!!

If you are a seller using PayPal to collect payment, never ship to an address other than the confirmed address associated with the PayPal account.

There are very many honest people in contries that do not have acess to paypal due to it not being availabe like in the us.

Please dont generalise or damage hones people who can not use paypal.

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:39 AM

Sorry bad spelling
Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:32 PM

Angry screwed

I got screwed like this on ebay. I thought it was legit because I received emails from the accomplices. luckily it was not for much money. but now...I HATE ALL SCAMMERS!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:46 AM

I would also be careful of a guy that is posing to sell wheels/engines in the Columbus, Ohio area. He has been scamming wheels at a pretty good deal and then changes his phone number, email, account everything.

He went by the name of Dave Darby or Jared Ray. And Mr. Buttercups (seriously) So watch out.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
Account Disabled

Its eventually not going to become safe to buy anything online anymore at the rate its going
Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:55 PM

Mr.Zo6 is a scammer from North Carolina. He owes me parts or my money! Fortunate from him he emptied his account before paypal could take action.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Scam Haters Anonymous

Update:
The guy selling me a set of SSR wheels and Michelin PS2 tires eventually backed out of the deal. I originally put the transaction on dispute after not seeing the wheels as the 30-day anniversery came around and also because all my attempts at contact went unanswered. I was finally provided an excuse that he went out of town on business and forgot to send the wheels...right, sure you did. I did receive my money back through Pay Pal and it was re-deposited to my AmEx account within a few days. I kept up a running log of all the attempts I made to cover my **** should I have had to put in a claim but luckily I didn't. If I ever see him post anything else up for sale he will find me there making comments in that sale thread that he is circumspect regarding his reliability as a seller.

How much does he owe you? I have someone from the MN area that has $1900 of my dinero and owes me some wheels and tires. I'm going to wait for a day or two more and then escalate this up to American Express & Pay Pal for resolution. I won't say the user ID yet...but the time will come soon when I will.

Originally Posted by EVO<VR4
Mr.Zo6 is a scammer from North Carolina. He owes me parts or my money! Fortunate from him he emptied his account before paypal could take action.

Last edited by 59EVO; Oct 27, 2006 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Update
Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:10 PM
Account Disabled

FWIW,just a heads up guy's evolved16 IS vtlaxplaya16(Hieu La) ,just trying to post in every post that he has made since he re-registered back in Sept of 2006 under his new S/N of EVOLVED16Trust me on this one guys...
Old Oct 15, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

I got screwed once while owning a dsm, and I was pissed. All I can say is God help the person who tries to screw me these days and I will fly or drive down and find them. I hate to repeat this but here it goes, " If it's too good to be true, it usualy is."
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This scam happened to me on Honda-tech and it is not that elaborate. It happens all the time in fact. Basically when using paypal you have to ONLY SEND TO BUYERS WITH VERIFIED or CONFIRMED addresses.

Paypal will cover you if the address is verified and you have proof of shipment.

Basically these people are stealing credit card info and opening paypal accounts with that infoa nd buying things. They then send them to an abandoned house or whatever and wait to pick the package up. This is why you need to verify the buyer.

To be paypal verified you need to have an attached bank account which is much harder to steal.

Basically I have found that waiters and people in the restaurant business have the easiest time stealing ur info.

Example:

You go to a sit down restaurant and you pay with your CC and think nothing of it. The waiter writes down all of ur credit card info and then charges u for the meal and hands the card back. He goes home and sets up a paypal account with your credit info and sets up a non-verified account and goes on a shopping spree with your CC. Then a month later you see a charge and dispute it. The only one that loses out is the seller because he sent to a non-verified address.

I actually complained to paypal and they said that they would lose a lot of business if they made everyone link a bank account so I raised all hell and eventually paypal ate the loss.

Moral of the story: only send to paypal verified buyers and only ship to a verified address.

Last edited by JDMevoBOOST; Oct 25, 2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Church!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
He is still on DSMtuners trying to sell his shell. If you look up my posts, I posted on here about 2 other boards he is trying to sell things on. Here is a refresher:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds...ct=53886&cat=4

I have PMed him on several occasion trying to get his info, but he never got back to me.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
This scam happened to me on Honda-tech and it is not that elaborate. It happens all the time in fact. Basically when using paypal you have to ONLY SEND TO BUYERS WITH VERIFIED or CONFIRMED addresses.

Paypal will cover you if the address is verified and you have proof of shipment.

Basically these people are stealing credit card info and opening paypal accounts with that infoa nd buying things. They then send them to an abandoned house or whatever and wait to pick the package up. This is why you need to verify the buyer.

To be paypal verified you need to have an attached bank account which is much harder to steal.

Basically I have found that waiters and people in the restaurant business have the easiest time stealing ur info.

Example:

You go to a sit down restaurant and you pay with your CC and think nothing of it. The waiter writes down all of ur credit card info and then charges u for the meal and hands the card back. He goes home and sets up a paypal account with your credit info and sets up a non-verified account and goes on a shopping spree with your CC. Then a month later you see a charge and dispute it. The only one that loses out is the seller because he sent to a non-verified address.

I actually complained to paypal and they said that they would lose a lot of business if they made everyone link a bank account so I raised all hell and eventually paypal ate the loss.

Moral of the story: only send to paypal verified buyers and only ship to a verified address.

Which is excatly why you have to confirm your credit cards with paypal after they charge them a random amount after you add them. This is impossible to check if you dont own the card...

But, for you fools who actually use paypal, check out www.paypalsucks.com . Paypal stole over $3,000.00 from me becuase i was a young seller and selling many items that were used... They wanted me to prove inventory, and I did, and they never really answered. Ive called so many ****ing times, **** Paypal. And many stories are much worse then mine.

TJ
Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dont Try To Run
Which is excatly why you have to confirm your credit cards with paypal after they charge them a random amount after you add them. This is impossible to check if you dont own the card...

But, for you fools who actually use paypal, check out www.paypalsucks.com . Paypal stole over $3,000.00 from me becuase i was a young seller and selling many items that were used... They wanted me to prove inventory, and I did, and they never really answered. Ive called so many ****ing times, **** Paypal. And many stories are much worse then mine.

TJ

your kidding?

Quick Reply: Scam Alert