Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Old Apr 3, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
another thing, do not buy anything from anyone unless he has good amount of posts and some sell rating...
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:04 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
this happened to a friend of mine on the 240sx forums it involved a set of coilovers now he's out on $1000 because of it
Old Apr 26, 2007, 06:23 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think I got riped off!

I sent a payment out to evoboy8990 using paypal (his email is [email protected]) last week and haven't heard anything from him since than. I know he has been checking his PM's but he hasn't replied to me. I know other people are having the same problem with this guy. Check out the thread below:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=266196

Who do I need to contact to report this guy.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since you payed through paypal you can file a complaint and get your money back through them.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Give him a little more time, I think he is trying to get everything fixed now. I spoke with him yesterday for a while.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what did u buy throu him?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:04 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO View Post
Give him a little more time, I think he is trying to get everything fixed now. I spoke with him yesterday for a while.

I bought a front bumper from him. I just PM'd someone else who is having problems with him and he said he gave him a different paypal account than he gave me. He has to be up to something.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
I bought a front bumper from him. I just PM'd someone else who is having problems with him and he said he gave him a different paypal account than he gave me. He has to be up to something.
He probably has two accounts and one is currently locked because of what I was going through with him. I talked to him for a while last night, and believe he is taking care of everything today. Give it another 24 hours and see what happens. You can file complaints with paypal up to like 45 days after the transaction. I personally hope it works out for all of us.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO View Post
He probably has two accounts and one is currently locked because of what I was going through with him. I talked to him for a while last night, and believe he is taking care of everything today. Give it another 24 hours and see what happens. You can file complaints with paypal up to like 45 days after the transaction. I personally hope it works out for all of us.

I hope it works out too.

Last edited by wimpy; Apr 26, 2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Paypal would be the ppl to call for a claim, they should have no problem working this out with you.
remember it usually takes about 4-5 for paypal to clear some payments (depending on method) and then another 3-4 to go into the sellers bank acc.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I sent a payment out to evoboy8990 using paypal (his email is [email protected]) last week and haven't heard anything from him since than. I know he has been checking his PM's but he hasn't replied to me. I know other people are having the same problem with this guy. Check out the thread below:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=266196

Who do I need to contact to report this guy.
If he's been checking his PM's he has to be aware of the situation. Its definately strange that he never replied back . Sounds fishy to me.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I hope it works out too.
At least give it another day.

Last edited by SEEnoEVO; Apr 26, 2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would give it one more day, then persue onto paypal. Paypal is great to work with in these types of situations.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:32 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redevoboy View Post
I would give it one more day, then persue onto paypal. Paypal is great to work with in these types of situations.
I actually started a paypal dispute just a few minutes before I started the thread. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up about this guy.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been looking into him a little more and the only two positive feedbacks he has are from currently disabled accounts. The account names are also a variation of his screen name. I wrote the admin and hopefully he will not be able to post any new threads. I have been contacted by several other people since my last post and they are having problems with him too. He has at least 3 seperate paypal accounts that I know of. Stay away from this guy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scam Alert

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.