Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LetsGo82nd
He is still selling stuff as we speak. Another member contacted and said that he has been waiting for 3 weeks now on a gauge cluster from Less10. This guy is a liar and a cheat, spread the word.
yup it would appear that way man you need to make it know on any of his threads then to not send him money and talk to a lawyer about getting your funds back i had a couple people contract me about him and im like i dont know him personally as his buddy list whats up.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody know how to file an FBI claim? i have a guy on here that sold me an uninstalled access port. told me to send it back to fix it and has had my money and product for a month now. HIs name is edison Huang.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by JoelRS
Does anybody know how to file an FBI claim? i have a guy on here that sold me an uninstalled access port. told me to send it back to fix it and has had my money and product for a month now. HIs name is edison Huang.

ic3.gov or contact the FTC
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

whats his screen name
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:29 PM

his screen name EDISON.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 05:23 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by JoelRS
his screen name EDISON.
You've been on me every other day to get onto this....I asked you for all your relevant PM and email info days ago, no reply from you. It's tough to help members when they don't want to be forthcoming..
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Not being a dick, but why didn't anyone help me? All I got was a message from a mod arguing with me about whether or not my post was threatening. I never got one red cent out of the dirtbag that ripped me off.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:03 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by aschold
Not being a dick, but why didn't anyone help me? All I got was a message from a mod arguing with me about whether or not my post was threatening. I never got one red cent out of the dirtbag that ripped me off.
Probably for the same reason JoelRS is still going on about it: I require PM or email proof, then I can look into it. If you say "so and so ripped me off" without providing any proof or following up, I can't do anything.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LetsGo82nd
On August 15th, 2009 I worked out a deal with member Less10. I was trading him brand new STRI EGT and Oil Press gauges and a used STRI DSD SLM Boost gauge (I had them listed for a total of $225 on the Market Place) + $35 (to cover shipping costs for the dash). Less10 was supposed to send me a dash pad. I sent him the $35 on google checkout on August 19th. He finally claimed to have shipped the dash pad through Grey Hound almost 2 weeks later on August 31st. The gauges I sent him arrived around August 20th. It is now October 6th and I still do not have my dash pad. I have received excuse after excuse from this guy about why it isn't here, lost in Arizona, my Mom is sick, package is too big, etc, etc.... Today I asked him to just pay me for the gauges that he has had for two months and refund the $35 I gave him for shipping for a total of $260 which was the original amount we agreed upon. He refuses saying I am out of my mind asking for that much.

Bottom line: Less10 is a liar. Do not do business with him. I have also been contacted by another member who was scammed by this guy for a stroker kit on Ebay, maybe he will share his story with Less10 as well.
I am the other guy he ripped off with a stroker kit i never got..I paid him 1300$ for a stroker kit to be sent ,...In the kit were manely turbo tuff I beams that now he is trying to sell on evom forum they are mine of course.. A 4g64 crankshaft and pistons...Plus when i first met him I tried to be good with him saying I will pay you through paypal please send it asap..He said ok then the Sh!! hit the fan..I called him he would not answer then I kept asking him for a tracking number ..He kept telling me that he couldnt go because he had school then other excuses..I started to get scared with his actions and I finally gave him one last chance to send me trackiing number nothing ..I then went to paypal for help..They told me to file a claim and when I filed the claim he had 15 work days to come up with a answer why he did not send me a tracking number..He never answered. Then paypal went through with the claim and they said that he had already taken the funds plus he is not answering paypal on there emails.. Then i started to call email im everyday..same excuse because i did a charge back he went to the post office were he had already sent the parts and paid to get them back...WHAT A LIE..HE PAID THE POST OFFICE TO GET BACK THE PACKAGE FROM BEING SHIPPED TO ME SO I DONT GET THE MONEY AND THE PARTS....HE IS REALLY STUPID...NO ONE CAN GET A PACKAGE BACK FROM THE POST OFFICE.. ANYWAYS THERE ARE MORE TO SAY ABOUT THIS JERK BUT I AM SICK OF HIS LIES AND EXCUSES....ALL I KNOW THAT DENNIS CARPENTER ---LESS10 IS A BIG PEICE OF ---- AND HE IS A TRUE SCAMMER...BECAREFUL OF HIM AND I PROMISE THAT I WILL GET BACK MONEY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER..SOON I WILL BE MAKING A TRIP TO THE STATES...VERY SOON..THEN WE WILL SEE..I WILL SUE HIM FOR ALL HIS ACTIONS..;PLUS I HAVE ALL THE TEXT MESSAGES FROM HIM AND THE EMAILS...PLUS PAYPAL BANNED HIM AND EBAY DID THE SAME..HE HAS DONE THE SAME THING TO ALOT OF PEOPLE..I AM SITTING HERE WRITING THIS TO SAVE SOMEONE ELSE FROM THIS GUY...
Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you come to the states Pete, make sure to come see me and we will get you everything you need.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:59 AM

thats sucks pete man sorry to hear what you went thru. I allways go somewhere and see what im getting, and make a point to show what ive got because thats the only way to do buisness. Even if you have to fly, just do it and make one big trip because its well worth being able to be present when making a deal.... sorry ebay. but craigslist and forums give you a chance to exchange information and meet up in person!!!!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried buying a lip off of silverguy. He posted if for sale at $140 or $180 shipped. I offered $200 shipped to sweeten the deal for him. He agreed and I sent the money via paypal.

He then backed out and sent $196 back ($200-3% fee). So when I got the money back it was around $188 after my 3% fee. So I didn't get the lip and I lost a little money. He said he would pay me back but has avoided me for months. I'm not real concerned about the money. Its the principal.

Just kind of a crappy deal.

chaotichoax (evom mod) also tried contacting him with no luck. He gave me permission to post this. Thanks.

Dave
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ttp engineering
when you come to the states pete, make sure to come see me and we will get you everything you need.
thanks alot bro...soon i will come to the states...really soon....
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by peteformance
I am the other guy he ripped off with a stroker kit i never got..I paid him 1300$ for a stroker kit to be sent ,...In the kit were manely turbo tuff I beams that now he is trying to sell on evom forum they are mine of course.. A 4g64 crankshaft and pistons...Plus when i first met him I tried to be good with him saying I will pay you through paypal please send it asap..He said ok then the Sh!! hit the fan..I called him he would not answer then I kept asking him for a tracking number ..He kept telling me that he couldnt go because he had school then other excuses..I started to get scared with his actions and I finally gave him one last chance to send me trackiing number nothing ..I then went to paypal for help..They told me to file a claim and when I filed the claim he had 15 work days to come up with a answer why he did not send me a tracking number..He never answered. Then paypal went through with the claim and they said that he had already taken the funds plus he is not answering paypal on there emails.. Then i started to call email im everyday..same excuse because i did a charge back he went to the post office were he had already sent the parts and paid to get them back...WHAT A LIE..HE PAID THE POST OFFICE TO GET BACK THE PACKAGE FROM BEING SHIPPED TO ME SO I DONT GET THE MONEY AND THE PARTS....HE IS REALLY STUPID...NO ONE CAN GET A PACKAGE BACK FROM THE POST OFFICE.. ANYWAYS THERE ARE MORE TO SAY ABOUT THIS JERK BUT I AM SICK OF HIS LIES AND EXCUSES....ALL I KNOW THAT DENNIS CARPENTER ---LESS10 IS A BIG PEICE OF ---- AND HE IS A TRUE SCAMMER...BECAREFUL OF HIM AND I PROMISE THAT I WILL GET BACK MONEY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER..SOON I WILL BE MAKING A TRIP TO THE STATES...VERY SOON..THEN WE WILL SEE..I WILL SUE HIM FOR ALL HIS ACTIONS..;PLUS I HAVE ALL THE TEXT MESSAGES FROM HIM AND THE EMAILS...PLUS PAYPAL BANNED HIM AND EBAY DID THE SAME..HE HAS DONE THE SAME THING TO ALOT OF PEOPLE..I AM SITTING HERE WRITING THIS TO SAVE SOMEONE ELSE FROM THIS GUY...
HERE IS TO SHOW THAT I AM TELLING THE TRUTH...
Old Oct 18, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by peteformance
thanks alot bro...soon i will come to the states...really soon....
thx for finally posting in here pete others needed to hear your story

Quick Reply: Scam Alert