Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:38 PM
JYD
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by houckeah2
Picture 1 shows the original payment of $150 from Jesse to my PayPal account.

Mr. Davis had expressed concern that his purchase was not going to arrive. I had advised Mr. Davis that I would send a full refund, no questions asked, because it was my fault that I had lost the tracking information. I told him to wait until a certain date for this to take place, so we could ensure the product had either arrived or was returned to me. Mr. Davis agreed completely, however before the date we had agreed upon came he started a claim with PayPal. I called PayPal, spoke with many people on their end, and I was told that if I shipped the product to write that in the dispute and then let the dispute be handled by PayPal. The dispute was found in favor of Mr. Davis, and I did not disagree with this result at all. The amount in my PayPal balance was refunded to him, shown in Picture 2. Shortly after, the amount remaining was refunded to him, shown in Picture 3.

Picture 2 shows the original $88.28, which was my available balance when PayPal found in favor of Mr. Davis, being sent to Mr. Davis.

Picture 3 shows the remaining $61.72 being sent to Mr. Davis, which was done so on my girlfriend's account (and he was made aware of this).

So now my account on these forums (houckeah) is banned for scamming? How exactly did I do anything wrong? I currently have neither the exhaust I sold nor the money I sold it for. I made everything right, because I was the one that lost the tracking information.

P.S. I am sorry that I had to make a new account. I am not a scammer though and people are on here posting personal information about myself. I had sold almost 10 things from my previous car and my current car. I think a total of 3 things did not make it to their destination and I refunded them accordingly. I have proof of every refund.

this guy is nothing but a liar. he claimed this was my fault because he sent the exhaust to the address on paypal, which he claimed was the wrong one. when the address he just posted, is correct, and right there on his paypal. you are a lying, scamming, steaming pile of **** eric houck. and if you keep ****ing with me, i will call your mommy and daddy (whom i know you still live with) and inform them of your attempts to steal money from people. and if you even think about trying to call me again and threatening identity theft, i will call the lockport PD and send them right over to your house on Plank Rd. learn a lesson here, and walk away before you realise that you have ****ed over the wrong guy.

Last edited by Smike; Nov 7, 2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Please take this up with the area PD.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gone to far, legal action needs to be placed
Old Nov 13, 2009, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by SupraGaz
I didnt really want to post here but I've had a bit of bad experience with my first purchase on here.

I paid spdracr on the 7th Spetember for a set of tanabe coilovers he had for sale in this thread: Coilovers

And, after 6 weeks or more I still have not received them and my last PM from him (2 weeks ago) they were not even removed off the car.

I have had to open a dispute with paypal/escalate to a claim due to their time scales to which you can raise a dispute/claim.

If he is struggling to get them off the car, just refund me... I dont mind as long as I get my money back.

spdracr, this is in no way meant to be slagging you off or nothing. Its just you have not responded to the paypal dispute nor the PM's I sent before your inbox was full so hopefully this may get your attention to respond to me...

Especially with you being online today as well...

Cheers,
Gaz
Well paypal won in my favour after he tried fobbing them with a tracking number that went to a complete different address, but he has no money in his paypal account so no funds can be reclaimed..
Lesson learned big time. Just a shame there are these scammers around
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SupraGaz
Well paypal won in my favour after he tried fobbing them with a tracking number that went to a complete different address, but he has no money in his paypal account so no funds can be reclaimed..
Lesson learned big time. Just a shame there are these scammers around
That is too bad buddy we all hate scammers. In the future make sure the money from your paypal comes out of your credit card. If the scammer doesn't have the money your CC company will credit you back and charge Paypal.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 06:58 PM

Also watch out for the user on here oldwheelieguy . A few days ago he scammed me for $824 and he has not responded to any of my 8 pm's I have sent him even though I can see everytime he gets online. I was supposed to receive a transfer case from him and told him to ship it overnight using my account number I gave him with fedex so he didn't have to pay anything for shipping. 3 days later I received a busted up green box that weighed 12 pounds, however the shipping label read that he weighed it in at 75 pounds. It's kind of ironic also that he called me the day I sent him the payment from his cell phone and now it is disconnected. Apparently he thinks he can get away with it like the rest of the scam artists out there, but I have already turned in all the pm's and emails to my credit card company and my attorney, so now I am just waiting for a date to appear in small claims court. Just letting you guys know this so you don't fall for this fool's scam.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:02 AM

Bad Seller amongst us (don't know where else to post)

Hello,

I love forums because it unites people to share their love for a common interest. The marketplace has always been my number 1 as there are always deals goin' about and you're helping people clean out their garage.

Sometimes we get some bad eggs.

Long story short...

I bought a turbo timer from 4g63smokinall4s. In the original description, right after it was edited to say SOLD it clearly stated PERFECT condition as seen here

And this is what I received. I emailed him and he told me that there were no scratches. I escalated to a Paypal claim and he plays the same game. Even went as far as to CHANGE the description to save his own ***.

This is the link to the thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ml#post7713184

This is a VERY bad seller and a GREAT example of the type of people we don't need on the forums.

I have escalated to a paypal dispute but I doubt it's going to get anywhere.

I will wait and see. This, however, has been a complete waste of time and money. This piece is going on top of my steering wheel and it looks hideous. Perfect condition my ***.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:08 AM

sorry to hear that man, hopefully you get your money back, and this guy will get what he deserves.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that thing is really scuffed up. Hopefully you two can work things out. Best of luck.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:15 AM

damn thats f$%ked up.. I checked that thread out before it was sold and he did say perfect condition...
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Well i can say ive sold numerous numerous things on here... And this thread is unnecessary If i had known you were mounting on top of the steering whell i would not have sold it.. there was 3m tape that held the tt on when i mounted it and i removed it.. and thats where the scuffs came from.. And you already opened a paypal dispute so why is it necessary to create a thread over 60 dollars and a turbo timer.. you will get a refund but i dont have the turbo timer... waiting on it..

oh by the way it was in perfect condition.. when i took that picture the tape was on it..
I dont scam people and i dont intend to
i bet some of that is glue residue left over..

Last edited by 4g63smokinall4s; Nov 15, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

It obviously isnt in perfect condition. This thread is necessary, because you advertised something you didnt have. It doesnt matter if you had tape on it, where it got scuffed, etc. You said it was something it wasnt. If youve sold numerous things on here, then you should know what your selling, and what kind of condition it is in.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:23 AM

It's necessary because you are dishonest and tried to fool me, it's for other member's awareness. I sell a lot of things too on other forums and Ebay but it doesn't give me a right to lie about an item's description and then change it after the person has received the item.

I will surely be sending it on Monday but I am even weary to know if i'm going to get a refund. Best of luck to me anyway.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:25 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
Well i can say ive sold numerous numerous things on here... And this thread is unnecessary If i had known you were mounting on top of the steering whell i would not have sold it.. there was 3m tape that held the tt on when i mounted it and i removed it.. and thats where the scuffs came from.. And you already opened a paypal dispute so why is it necessary to create a thread over 60 dollars and a turbo timer.. you will get a refund but i dont have the turbo timer... waiting on it..

oh by the way it was in perfect condition.. when i took that picture the tape was on it..
I dont scam people and i dont intend to
i bet some of that is glue residue left over..

If you were honest in your description you wouldnt have wasted his time or yours. Exagerate much?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
It obviously isnt in perfect condition. This thread is necessary, because you advertised something you didnt have. It doesnt matter if you had tape on it, where it got scuffed, etc. You said it was something it wasnt. If youve sold numerous things on here, then you should know what your selling, and what kind of condition it is in.
Thanks for your new imput the issue is going to be resolved thats y i said the thread isnt necessary.. And The op should have come to me before starting a thread.. Paypal already rulled in my favor YET i will still issue a refund!!!!!

Quick Reply: Scam Alert