Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

vinNybXx purchase review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:47 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
When you buy a used car, you get the car and all of the problems that go along with it.

Next time maybe you'll get the car inspected before you finish the transaction?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
the block on this car was apparently replaced one time before-

we saw it had a terrible head gasket leak- and recommended replacing that- so we did a compression test- which was a bit odd- compression was- but the cranking during compression was odd-

when we pulled the head we found bad scoring in the block- and it looked like maybe the rings had been butted up when it got hot----- so we are doing rods/pistons/etc-

valves were burnt- etc----

so- hard to say it is a modified car- just a shame new owner has to put that much money in it-

that being said- the car has an HTA35R on it- was on stock block/head- atleast the new owner will be able to realize the potential of the turbocharger now-

cb

How did you see the head gasket leak??What was the compression??
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:11 PM

to all: i understand that i get problems with a used car, especially with that kind of mileage. i just wanted what i paid for. all i have wanted was to talk to the previous owner about the car and situation and possibly work something out, but it takes a thread like this for him to come out the woodwork and defend himself. if he has nothing to hide, why not answer my calls/texts?

-as far as racing it around, i can give you guys the mileage on the title vs. mileage sitting at the shop now. it was not raced.
-as for the receipts, they are a bunch of chicken scratch hand written receipts that just say things like "clutch" with no description on actual work performed. the only real ones he had were about his visual mods.
-and as for blaming cbrd, that wouldnt happen. theyve been nothing but helpful and gone out of their way multiple times for me.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by batty200
Wait until he runs 50psi on pump and blames you for building a bad motor. I would steer clear of this guy for sure.
he has been a long time client of ours (not an evo client, but other cars) and has always been great-

cb
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by brakeboost980
How did you see the head gasket leak??What was the compression??
the fact that the block was covered head to toe in oil and grime--- and it wasnt from the valve cover etc---

was very wet- and we see this ALOT on cars with 1 by 1 arp stud installs---

once the head was off, we saw the cylinder walls, with marks you could feel with your fingers... and burnt valves-

cb
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dastpe
to all: i understand that i get problems with a used car, especially with that kind of mileage. i just wanted what i paid for. all i have wanted was to talk to the previous owner about the car and situation and possibly work something out, but it takes a thread like this for him to come out the woodwork and defend himself. if he has nothing to hide, why not answer my calls/texts?

-as far as racing it around, i can give you guys the mileage on the title vs. mileage sitting at the shop now. it was not raced.
-as for the receipts, they are a bunch of chicken scratch hand written receipts that just say things like "clutch" with no description on actual work performed. the only real ones he had were about his visual mods.
-and as for blaming cbrd, that wouldnt happen. theyve been nothing but helpful and gone out of their way multiple times for me.
Races don't usually add that many miles...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:44 PM

i guess all i have is my word that it wasnt raced, but i take care of my cars and dont beat on them.

so vinny...if you would be so kind as to shoot me a PM and we can talk like normal people without you freaking out and swearing at me nonstop that would be great. i want some information on the car that your receipts did not have.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Should probably edit your sig, we already concluded he did not scam you.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:04 PM

happy princess?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dastpe
happy princess?
Lesson learned hopefully: if you don't know much about cars, get them looked at by a professional before laying down the cash.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:35 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
I don't see anything constructive being added from leaving this thread open. If either the OP or the Seller want to add new information, please contact me.