Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Dealership Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership Recommendations

I live in the Philadelphia area, and would be willing to travel to find a reliable Mitsu dealership that actually knows how to work on the Evolution.

The dealership I have been going to has messed up a stock clutch install twice now, and haven't been able to troubleshoot any of my problems with the car. My car is still mostly under warranty, and I need to get a clutch issue fixed. If you have any recommendations, please post or PM me.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

i'm also looking for a good phila-area dealer, i was about to make this same post and saw this... which dealer effed up your clutch work?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Peruzzi blew it twice.

Last June I had the clutch replaced (bought the car used and the clutch was pretty much smoked). Everything seemed okay with it, but apparently the input shaft had seized on the bearing due to a poor reinstall.

This year, I got the clutch replaced as part of a gear grinding issue (through which they found the seized bearing, because they couldn't drop the trans). Now its sticking and acting all goofy. I called them and they told me to bring it back in... but I'm reluctant, because they're total noobs.

I know there is a new Mitsu that opened up on the Boulevard ... down at Grant Ave I believe... but I don't know what their rep is like.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Call YORK MITSUBISHI....York pa. roughly 1 1/2 hour from phila. Ask for DEREK..York Mitsu is an EVO FRIENDLY dealership, they are the BEST "factory help" in the area and will try to help anybody with any problems with their Mitsu's. If no hassle's with the work or the people is what your after..take a drive..it will be worth your time...OR if its NOT warranty related.. see Chad at CBRD Speedfactory..they are THE BEST in the area..and just down RT. 30 from York Mitsu. You can get your car repaired at York Mitsu.and have Chad tune it on your way back home! The drive home will be GREAT!!!!!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yah, thats a hike from me (about 2 hours exactly) but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone else have anything a bit closer?
Old Aug 22, 2007, 03:57 AM
Evolving Member

Jeff deAmbros. Mitsu in Exton.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

^info..? that's like 45min from me...

and yeah, york is a bit far even though that sounds good to me

that's a bummer about peruzzi... they're so close it would be too convenient
Old Aug 24, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Jeff D'Ambrosio Mitsu. 487 Lancaster ave. Frazer Pa. 19355 Ph. (610) 251 0900 Service hours....Mon & Fri. 730am to 6pm...Tues/Wed/Thurs 730am to 730pm...Sat 730am to 330pm I have seen some pretty heavily stepped on evo's there for service and the car owners I spoke to said they have had no problems with warranty issues even though the car is modified! I personally have had only the oil changes done there until the car was broken in..I don't use any Mitsu fluids in the car now or Mobile 1 engine oil..the car is not "stock" now,and the last time I was there the Mechanic and service manager talked alot to me about the modifications I have done so far with a genuine interest in how the "mods" worked out. I did get the car there and I will see how things are soon as far as a warranty issue goes..as my clutch has a "shuddering" when I start out with the car cold! And I do not drag the car or do any real hard launches. Good luck with your car ..and keep us all posted with how you make out! Pete
Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

York Mitsubishi FTW...follow the link in my signature
Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
Account Disabled

Jeff D'ambrosio Mitsubishi, great dealership, great service.