Notices

ATR and SST Tables

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATR and SST Tables

(I was going to put this in the tuning section but figured it's more relevant to SST people)

Sup peeps.
I am looking at ATR and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to improve of-the-line performance. (w/out launch)

ATR has 3 SST Torque Limit tables and 3 SST throttle tables, now has anyone tinkered with these yet?? Taking a close look at the tables I can see that the differences start at 1500 RPM (fyi, I'm looking at a "stg 1 91oct +HKSpf" map) between each table but being a newb I got no idea what the difference is. I looked at the tuning guide for the ATR and it has no info on these tables.

Any insight?

Already tried Cobb, no answer.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mendo
(I was going to put this in the tuning section but figured it's more relevant to SST people)

Sup peeps.
I am looking at ATR and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to improve of-the-line performance. (w/out launch)

ATR has 3 SST Torque Limit tables and 3 SST throttle tables, now has anyone tinkered with these yet?? Taking a close look at the tables I can see that the differences start at 1500 RPM (fyi, I'm looking at a "stg 1 91oct +HKSpf" map) between each table but being a newb I got no idea what the difference is. I looked at the tuning guide for the ATR and it has no info on these tables.

Any insight?

Already tried Cobb, no answer.
There are two sets of torque limit tables. One set is the ecu torque limit table, and one set is the sst torque limit table. The ecu table will trigger an ecu code, and corresponding limp mode. The trans table will trigger a clutch disengagement, with Tcu related torque limit code. These are all adjustable. Without getting into a bid disertation, if you increase your torque on the engine by 25%, then your torque limit tables will be increased by a similar amount, with some variances. There are a couple of threads on adjusting these tables. I suggest a search in the tuning section. If you are running the mods listed in Cobbs stage 1 maps, or even most of their stage 2 maps, you should not need to adjust the sst torque tables, as you wont be exceeding the torque of those tables. The ecu torque limit table may need to be adjusted from stage 2, depending on wether you run a cat or not, or other minor variances from the cobb list of mods.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The SST throttles are like "speedbooster" products. They adjust the throttle response. I tweaked table A (first gear) by about 10-15% around the lower end and got just a bit better response.. but it's not doing anything on the performance side.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by saytheb
The SST throttles are like "speedbooster" products. They adjust the throttle response. I tweaked table A (first gear) by about 10-15% around the lower end and got just a bit better response.. but it's not doing anything on the performance side.
What do you consider the lower end?? Just wondering bc I want to try something similar and I am super noob at this.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

So what can be done to increase off the line performance even if you aren't stage 1 or 2? My biggest gripe about the SST is the lag time off the line. It makes for pulling out in traffic interesting sometimes.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kieffer87
So what can be done to increase off the line performance even if you aren't stage 1 or 2? My biggest gripe about the SST is the lag time off the line. It makes for pulling out in traffic interesting sometimes.
In sport mode, you can lightly tap the trottle to make the car think you are gonig to go, it will start to engage clutch, and then realize you arent, and then disengage. You tap it again when you want to go immediately after that, and you will engage the clutch at a higher rpm. Not a very good description exactly, but try it, and you'll get what I mean.

Or you could go super sport mode, and do a mini launch into traffic. Thats fun too. j/k...sort of.
The following users liked this post:
23r0k001 (Jun 5, 2021)
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. I adjusted the entire table now it looks like for both Table A and Table B. If what Hollywood claims, Table C is useless to adjust as it's really only used above a break-point you won't reach.

Otherwise, Table A seems to change 1st gear, and Table B 2nd-6th. I only added maybe 4-5 all around to all cells.. nothing massive as I didn't want to push the car too hard.

From my understanding looking at the table, it seems as though you're directly changing the target boost/fuel load, which means that where you were previously seeking say... 106 boost/fuel at 2000 RPM/45 load, you may now be seeking 111. Hope that makes sense, and if wrong.. maybe it can be cleared up?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saytheb
From my understanding looking at the table, it seems as though you're directly changing the target boost/fuel load, which means that where you were previously seeking say... 106 boost/fuel at 2000 RPM/45 load, you may now be seeking 111. Hope that makes sense, and if wrong.. maybe it can be cleared up?
I think you understand it and just getting some terms swapped. In the ECU load limit tables you are adjusting load limits, not actually changing the load target , so you won't effect any engine parameter, other than the point at wich it goes into limp mode. The ECU target load tables actually change the load target of the engine, and then cause it to seek a different load.

The SST load limit tables are basically performing the same function as the ECU load limit tables, but apply to the trans rather than the engine, and their associated limp mode when they are exceeded is different. I also believe that when you exceed this table the tcu disengages the clutch, but my car can't exceed those limits yet, so I'm not sure exactly wheat else it does when the limits are exceeded.

Perhaps Kris at SSP could chime in, or Gunzo.

The ecu load limit tables seem to be pretty forgiving. I guess that is since it doesn't actually change engine parameters. I currently have mine adjusted more than 30% over stock, with no issues, and no codes.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

I wished these tables will be accessible on ECUflash soon.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

How long until these will be accessable?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kozmic27
I think you understand it and just getting some terms swapped. In the ECU load limit tables you are adjusting load limits, not actually changing the load target , so you won't effect any engine parameter, other than the point at wich it goes into limp mode. The ECU target load tables actually change the load target of the engine, and then cause it to seek a different load.

The SST load limit tables are basically performing the same function as the ECU load limit tables, but apply to the trans rather than the engine, and their associated limp mode when they are exceeded is different. I also believe that when you exceed this table the tcu disengages the clutch, but my car can't exceed those limits yet, so I'm not sure exactly wheat else it does when the limits are exceeded.

Perhaps Kris at SSP could chime in, or Gunzo.

The ecu load limit tables seem to be pretty forgiving. I guess that is since it doesn't actually change engine parameters. I currently have mine adjusted more than 30% over stock, with no issues, and no codes.
The table I am talking about is the SST Throttle tables, which are grouped with the normal Throttle tables. As far as I was aware, these are target tables, not limit tables. There is no hard evidence these tables do anything, but to me it feels like the throttle response is slightly different.

Maybe you think I am referring to the SST Torque limit tables?