Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Need a picture of OEM front brakes from Inside

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
Just needed to model the brake tab so I could add clearance and get a radius all around the ear on the upright. That part will get done with a ball mill along with a few other things. Just about ready now to start cutting out the v2 (or is this 3?). Will certainly have these all ready when youre ready to stop playing with german and muscle cars
Once Nats is done, I'm back in full force. Just dropped the last of the motor parts off at the shop yesterday.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
Totally something I want to do. Not something Id plan on doing big batches of but a custom "members only" type thing maybe? My wants stem from the ultra light weight alcon takeoffs for more weight reduction.

Cause when turning it up to 11 isn't enough, we want to make a 12
A bunch of us have the AP kits which require an adapter, could do a small batch of those . I can't wait till you get to the rear as well where we can mount decent calipers and ditch the ebrake.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 03:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
The only way I can do that is with a caliper that has integrated E-brake since its required in SCCA SM class.
I really haven't looked into the rear much yet since front is such a disaster and needs all the help it can get. I'm looking at everything I can to take weight off there trying to get under that 60% front bias (currently probably 62%). The more weight I can get off the more I have to ballast to the rear so should be possible.