Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Guide Lines for Adjusting 2 way external coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrAWD
In that case we have the same units under the car! I am concern that mine will have not enough rebound (with stiffer springs that is) the way they are right now, since I am almost at the top with stock springs. To me it feels that around 8 clicks off of full soft is what OEM is set at. So, I am running a bit over that and it is already awfully close to the max numbers (only 4 clicks left in the rear).
Possibility is that last few clicks are more sensitive since it is getting closer to the fully closed orifice on adjuster and I don't want to be there. Having at least 2 clicks left is what I would like to have. The way they are right now, I will be almost full stiff on asphalt and there will be nothing left for concrete adjustment at all. Guys from MCS told me to try it and if needed they would re-valve them.
Your on stock springs? What rates are you running? MCS said with the 700b rates they where right in there wheel house as far as valving goes. Hope i get to go out soon to start tuning the shocks the right way. Just by what i learned I'm all ready feeling more confident. Get these operating the right way and not have to worry about tires getting eaten up by incorrect settings.