Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2019 D-Street discussions

Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
From back in my wow days, this starting to sounds like a lvl19 "twink" pvp. Lol. I'll just never understand
This is the last place I thought anyone would ever mention that... Does that mean we're twinking in WoW Classic?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
C'mon guys...someone has to explain this to some of us that are not as old to remember those things!!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Video game called World of Warcraft(WoW). There are something called battlegrounds. If your character was between level 10-19, you were grouped together. There are multiple groups that only played against each other (level 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 and etc). When someone makes a "Twink" character, you basically make a character that is the highest level for that class with the best gear available so you can have a way better advantage to someone that doesn't have the best gear/character level for that group. It's kinda like autocross, people in that certain class would modify themselves to the fullest to obviously have a better advantage compared to others with not much modifications done.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 01:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 723 Likes on 566 Posts
Haha, I thought no one was going to understand the reference. Yes, we're twinking Evo's here trying to make a perfect stock spec.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Well, driving an EVO was always like playing video game anyway, so this reference is spot on!!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just remembered that there will be at least 1 other still "stock" DS Evo IX around next year in the mid-Atlantic area. There is a female driver in Central PA region with a silver IX too. She's the original owner of her Evo too and has been autoxing it consistently for 10+ years. I most often run into her at NEPA events at Pocono.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CZ4A vs CT9A VS STI vs CTR vs RS

wheeee it'll be fun
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Prime12
CZ4A vs CT9A VS STI vs CTR vs RS

wheeee it'll be fun
So, you don't think Alpha platform stands a chance in there??
Old Nov 15, 2018, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

lol my post was not meant to be serious. I'm sure the Camaro is fast.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Still fun to beat on RWDs...
Old Apr 8, 2019, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

First dry event of the season yesterday. I have not dialed the new rear shocks in yet but even at 9 clicks of rebound the car was much looser than before.

Easily won my class and PAX'd 10/172.

Results here.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like EVO X is too fast for D-Street!!

Great PAX finish man!! Congrats!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Finally, had my first autoX in EVO since end of 2017 (last year I was in AS)! It was also first one in DS too and it feels so much better than before! Met another EVO X guy too, so there might be few stock ones still out there!

For me was getting used to doing this again. Car was under prepared just slightly. Camber was still off in the front, since I didn't adjust subframe yet, so passenger side has much more than the driver side. Rear camber is still at minimum - alignment experts adjusted it back to factory setting last time they had my car over there. I guess, telling them not to touch anything in the rear several times wasn't good enough. At the end of the day, they are still experts and know better than average Joe Shmo!
Tires are 5 years old now and extremely grippy for its age. As soon as steering wheel was turned a bit too fast, front end would loose grip, so it was a patience testing exercise! I still have not installed rebuilt front struts, so old OEMs had to do. And to be really honest here, they didn't really help much of any!

Still, there was one fast local guy (he actually ran a Pro class) there and I ended up a second behind him (plus a cone on my end), which is pretty good considering all of the above. I am pretty sure that with me more tuned in, I would be able to run much closer to him, if not even faster. There was a fast guy in Type-R at last event, so I will be getting decent comparison this year. Hopefully, courses will not be as ****ty as this passed sunday, which might help even things up. Still, Devens is a runway, so you can do only so much there.

Overall, I am pretty happy with how it went! The best part is that we finally have a class where we are not just trophy feeders and have legitimate chance to be at the top if things are done right. That beats all of these past years where it was more than obvious that we didn't really have much of a chance! Hope to see more EVOs out there, since it is much more fun to be in the right class!
Old Sep 9, 2020, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Bringing this thread back from the dead . I trophied at the Bristol Fall Champ Tour last weekend:

Going in, I did not like the position I was in. DS was running first in 55-60 degrees morning and I didn't have a codriver. My 275 size tires won't heat up by run 2 in these temperatures so it meant I basically had 1 shot at it.

Day 1, by run 2 I was sitting in second place, less than .2 behind Alex Piehl, who won STH at Nationals last year. Run 3 I went more aggressive but missed entries to several large elements and improved less than a tenth, while Piehl found almost .5 . The Type R sitting in third place was also only .04 back, which meant my second place was far from guaranteed.

Day 2 was even colder than day 1 and going in I was too nervous about screwing up. I put in two way underdriven runs and the results show. Piehl just checked out and the Focus RS in 4th place bumped me out of 2nd. Worse, the Type R also bumped me out of the trophies after his last run (I watched this happen as I was sitting at the start line.... talk about pressure). Thankfully I was able to put together a crappy but acceptable run for my third attempt and managed to secure that last trophy spot .

This makes it my first champ tour trophy ever, and second national event trophy (after the Pittsburgh Match Tour in 2018).

Evo X's have the pace to trophy nationally in DS... they just need a better driver than I . With more experience and perhaps a codriver maybe I'll be able to prove that next year at Lincoln.