Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

All we wanted was some BBQ...

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
All we wanted was some BBQ...

Aaron/Brownman (turbotalon1g from MitsuStyle) was in town last night so Janelle and I figured we'd take him out for some delicious TX BBQ...

We were sitting in the right turn lane at a stop light, it had just turned green so we were maybe doing 5-10mph when some big Chevy SUV with a cow pusher was trying to take a left into a gas station parking lot was cutting through traffic and slammed into the side of Teh Gheyrod. I swerved and hit the brakes, but going so slow there wasn't much I could do. Had he done the same I think things would have been ok, but he had headphones in and just kept accelerating right into my car. The cops of course didn't really do **** and told him to just go on his way. I had my car flat-bedded to the best body shop in the area so we'll see what they and my insurance company have to say about the car.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear man, atleast no one got injured.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

They didn't give the guy who hit you a ticket? Sorry to see that, Chris. Looks like you might be getting into your S2k sooner than you thought... (and certainly not in the manner you were anticipating)
Old May 1, 2010, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Easier than selling the car I have a friend that's a body shop manager (at a honda dealership) if it's close to the total amount <wink wink, nudge nudge>
Old May 1, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

ouch...atleast everyone's ok . 'hope everything turns out fine with the car.
Old May 1, 2010, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Dude, that sucks! Sorry to hear (and see) about the car. Good thing is everyone is ok. The car can be fixed or replaced. Life can't.

Like a couple others have said, this could be the stars aligning for you in order to get back into an S2000 though.
Old May 1, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks but then again
Old May 1, 2010, 10:12 AM

Damn! looks like just new doors & fender though, bolt on parts...
Old May 1, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

We'll see once the body shop starts taking the car apart. At this point its looking like mainly sheet metal damage, but they'll know for sure about the pillars/frame once they tear into it. It's going to need a new front lip and undertray too, and the bodyshop guy mentioned adding the wheels to the estimate due to some scratches. I also told him to be sure and account for the clear bra and window tint.

Even though I've been thinking about selling the car this isn't how I wanted it to go out
Old May 1, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude that blows. Make sure you squeeze every penny out of that guy's insurance company. I would.

-Acree
Old May 1, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Acree
Dude that blows. Make sure you squeeze every penny out of that guy's insurance company. I would.

-Acree
At this point I think it will be paid for from my insurance. The guy's insurance card showed an expiration date of 4/09/10 but for some reason the cops still let him go w/o a citation! Basically from what I can tell the Grapevine cops are worthless; we'll see what the police report says (supposedly it will be available online within a few days).
Old May 1, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
At this point I think it will be paid for from my insurance. The guy's insurance card showed an expiration date of 4/09/10 but for some reason the cops still let him go w/o a citation! Basically from what I can tell the Grapevine cops are worthless; we'll see what the police report says (supposedly it will be available online within a few days).
What?! That's BS. Did you get the guys info and insurance? There's no way he should have gotten off without a ticket. I'd call his insurance and get them to do something if he/she is indeed still insured with them.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DUDE! There's got to be some mistake. I've lived in Bedford for over a decade and I've been harassed by Grapevine police multiple times. I've always seen them as the most ****-ish city.

That REALLY doesn't sound right. There's no way the police let him go without insurance. Check the report. If they didn't issue a citation, take yourself up to the police department and raise hell. Seriously.

-Acree
Old May 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

police see ricer burner,
police see good ol' TX boy in a TX truck,
police drive off...
Old May 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tnt1106
police see ricer burner,
police see good ol' TX boy in a TX truck,
police drive off...
Exactly.

Quick Reply: All we wanted was some BBQ...