Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Just have something to say..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Just have something to say..

I was talking to Justin and Andrew last night about a couple of things they had some good point of views and as in for the meets, I know I have a lancer es and yeah I feel like the little ricer in the group but, I'm not there to just hop into the band wagon, I want to learn a little before I become a evo owner and I hope it's fine to tag along in a bunch of the meets maybe sometimes if I can ride passanger. I don't want to rep any of the NTEC stickers on my car cause obviously I don't have an EVO lol, what I am trying to get to is I don't think when we meet some ones eclipse or mirage and for my case a lancer should like park in the line of evos, because it is a EVO crew... Or people just coming to this form and saying hey I want to have a lancer es meet you know thats not right because it's a EVO crew.. Anyways I hope you all accept me to tag along in the meets I simply love evos can't wait to get my hands on one and I want to learn about them before I get one, hopefully I get the evo soon, but I don't want to rush into because I am young and college is a big part along with my insurcane rates if not I would probably be in a EVO! Other then that what an awesome meet one of the coolest one I have been too! Catch you guys later.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

i'm not a regular ntec meet shower upper...but if you're not acting like a ricer (revving to 21k rpm, doing burnouts, etc) at the meets, you can drive a kia for all i care and you're still welcome to tag along

i'm sure some of the members are just worried of that, so they wanna keep it to "evos"...but sometimes this shows a different effect as to being too cocky and showing off.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by nexgen
Other then that what an awesome meet one of the coolest one I have been too!
Its because I was in town

But really, good points. I enjoyed talking with you guys about this. I think you have a great outlook on this. Come, learn, ask questions, learn more. Love the sport and culture.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Hey man, I rolled in Lancer ES last night too! However, I do have an Evo so I guess it doesn't count as much. I'd say I would be given MORE **** because I drove the ES instead of busting out the Evo. It's all good though. It's a great bunch of guys and everyone pokes fun of everyone.

Anyways, I personally don't have any issues with you tagging along. Honestly, it's more about the person than the car.

Have you acted like a ricer? No
Have you acted like a douche? No
Are you trying to learn and soak up any tiny bit of Evo knowledge? Yes

Sounds perfectly fine to me! If anyone gives you ****, let me know and I'll have a talk with them. I partly feel responsible because although you found the forums on your own, I was really the first member you met and told you to come out to meets. My reasons for doing so...see the ones listed above. Everyone has to start somewhere and I'd rather help someone like you than someone with a bad attitude that's all about the rice (keep in mind that I'm a noob myself, lol).
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
You're a cool guy in my book and it really does seem like you have a passion for not only the Evo but also the club. You're definitely welcome to attend all the events.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 05:45 PM

all the above!!
hope that settles it!!!
see you next time!!!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey man,

I know how you feel. I showed up to my first NTEC meet in my 350z. After I sold the Z, I wasn't even able to make it to a single NTEC meet before my engine blew. If it wasn't for Armando and Krisiun seeing the car sitting in my garage with the block pulled out, I don't know if any would believe I have an evo.

Ever since it blew, I've been showing up in an old truck, old 280z, or a Mazda 3. These guys just care about you being a cool person and contributing to the club. That's all that matters man.

As far as the "parking" issue goes, I personally don't want to park my old busted up cars next to the Evo's because I feel it doesn't belong. This is a personal choice. I believe the choice to park your lancer is your choice.

-Acree
Old Sep 1, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

i was in a Lancer at 1st.....but it had a turbo.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

I welcome anyone Evo or not to our meets and gatherings. I am more into this group because of the common interest we all have as auto enthusiasts. I usually hang out and enjoy talking with folks over at Cobb, even though they drive Mazda's.

Hell, from what I have seen we all share more than just interest in cars...bars I mean.