Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Decisions... Decisions...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stay away from Ultimate racing product. Long story but short....

I had their ceramic HFC and metallic HFC on my 350Z. I had no problem with ceramic ones (N/A), so i gave a try their metallic HFC when i went Supercharged.
Both side the core melted down, like a baseball ball lolz...I had no idea when that happend, but i found out this after month or less than two months.
My vendor contact UR about this issue. They did not even try help at all, they blame on tuner and my car ran many dyno pulls.
I really didn't care about they cover it or not, just hate that shop point at finger to others.

My $600 bucks gone like that in month or so.

Go with Cobb or ETS for sure.

Last edited by Chef-j; Mar 20, 2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chef-j
Stay away from Ultimate racing product. Long story but short....

My $600 bucks gone like that in month or so.

Go with Cobb or ETS for sure.
This sucks man. Sorry that happened to you. Its frustrating when people let over aggressive tuners or bad salesmen hook you up with wrong parts and bad tunes, and they refuse to stand behind their wrong doings; pointing fingers and such.

This is also my 2 cents... but any reputable shop will take credit cards and when **** breaks and they wont make it right and fair.... DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE.

From reading the forums for the past 2 years it seems like 90% of shops are garbage 10% are honest and ethical
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
In Texas you do that you're gonna get a lein on your car. Be careful with the above advice.

When I got my UR stuff, it literally was the only thing available. There are many, many more options now.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
In Texas you do that you're gonna get a lein on your car.

Service yes, parts no. That's what I was referring to. I personally had a part issue years ago with a 1993 RX7 TT. Part was DOA manufacture refused to replace it. Dispute was only legal option. Credit card disputes are federally protected as long as you are not committing fraud.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I had UR full turbo-back. With the ets kit, the dp has since been sold. But the test pipe and catback are still on the car. Those parts aren't where people had problems - but the dp was exposed to lots and lots of heat. Brakes are solid black, blah blah. I know my exhaust glows white every session, and auto-x just doesn't generate that kind of heat in the short runs. I really don't care who pushes harder or lap times or HP or whatever the hell. Just wanting to say I had good experience with the parts - but maybe it was just a matter of time until failure.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I tracked my car too (as you know since we met at the track). It's silly to talk about "who pushed harder." I might have been guilty of not letting things cool down much lol.

I think the DP/o2 housing were definitely weak (especially the first design which had a very, very poor flex section). The TPs... were poorly designed at first (we had to "adjust" mine). They still had the same poor welds and tin foil thin stainless as the o2/dp.

In Trent's case, I think that the Buscher exhaust he had led to the TPs demise because it hung so low and it caused more stress on the TP.

A cat back is a cat back and really it's hard to mess one up. I never had complaints about my cb other than the incredible drone.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

the drone is awful, that's for sure :-)