Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

front license plate bs

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
even if u go to court, its such a waste of time. anywho, im glad i caught this thread before i took out my plate, now i might have to think again before doing it
Old May 26, 2006, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its not always a waste of time to go to court. To contest, very well might be. Because honestly, at the time, you didn't have a front plate. There isn't any dispute. To play stupid however, and check the mitigation box, might prove to your benefit. You can tell them that you didn't realize that you couldn't have it not mounted on the front, and had recently put on your front clip. You now have it installed, and show him pictures of it installed. Then you're up to the mercy of the court at that point. But it never hurts to go and talk to the judge.
Old May 26, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

And on another note, he was probably fishing for something. I recently got pulled over for the very same thing. I haven't had mine on since the day it was bought brand new. But he very quickly went to something else, and forgot about no front plate. I guess around here, there have been Evo's and STi's running from the cops on the freeway. So I think they were profiling everybody, and it gave him a quick excuse.
Old May 26, 2006, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

Fear my German plates, rarr
Old May 26, 2006, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by js06evoix
I guess around here, there have been Evo's and STi's running from the cops on the freeway.
WHAT.. man thats messed up.. where'd you hear that?
Old May 26, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

I was @ the track last weekend and saw an Audi A4 with a plate that look as if it was painted on or a very good sticker. The owner wasn't around so I couldn't talk to him about it. I don't have a front plate mounted, but I keep one in the car so I can at least show the cop I have one and claim it was damaged and haven't had time to fix it.
Old May 26, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kodiak
it. I don't have a front plate mounted, but I keep one in the car so I can at least show the cop I have one and claim it was damaged and haven't had time to fix it.
same here.
Old May 26, 2006, 09:07 AM

OK, so EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. Its Bull **** i know but The law, AND your registration states you must have a front plate.. My Evo didnt come with the mount for it either so i just never put it on... Like you said, i wasnt going to ruin my bumper for nothin! so i decided to go to court.. And i took with me a picture of my car with the plate on it (i just zip tied it on for the day, then cut it off later) and I also took an estimate from a body shop to order the mount.. Just showed proof that i was trying to get one.. (even though i really wasn't) i had a *** hole judge, and i dont have the best record so he only dropped the fine down to $40 bucks.. BUT i think any other judge probaly wouldve dropped it..

Just sharing what i did..

Since then its still not on, and ive been pulled over for it a couple times.. and i usually say "what?!?!? Last time i looked my plate was on there!! I got a ticket for this before so i had to put on.. It mustve fallen off ... Then they will tell you how you have to have it, and how much it costs to get a new plate..

I hate the way it looks on there.. so for now thats why i dont have it on, and i drive the speed limit and stuff so i know when/if i get pulled over thats usually the only reason.. eventually i might put it on but.. ?
Old May 26, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

I don't understand how so many people feel that mounting the front plate will damage the front bumper. With the OEM 8 bracket all you use is 2 open bolt locations. Nothing is cut or damaged.

Like said before, if you want to take the chance not to use a front plate where it is required then be prepared if you are stopped, if you don't want to worry about it then mount it.
Old May 26, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what chris was saying is that i had a ticket for some bs as well and i just slapped the factory cat back on and had a cop sign off on it and my ticket was dropped. then i put my AMS back on casue it sounds so good...LOL! i should be a fix it ticket just use some double sided tape and stick it on for some pics and do what trica said and you should be good. good luck. and *knocks on wood* i havent run a front plate since day 1 and i dont get hassled...but i know the cars draws attention so i try to side street everwhere..just my .02
Old May 26, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The front plate bracket does not make any holes in the bumper but is made for the factory bumper so I dont know if if will fit yours. The plastic cover over the license plate is illegal because if you were being chases by the police , their lights might reflect off the cover and not see your license plate number. I say just find a way to put both plates on and remove the stupid license plate cover. Why give them another reason to pull you over.
Old May 26, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

back in the day I owned a 350z that I got from a dealer in vegas and brought out to Socal. Tinted windows (from the dealer) no front plate. LAPD pulled me ova gave me fix it tickets for both. I had to go down to CHP inspections center (california highway patrol) and a Chipper came out and verified everything had been fixed.

My evo was recently parked on a street in West LA. Came out one morning, $25 ticket from the meter maid for not having a front plate. Next morning I leave the car on the street to see if it was random meter maid or someone making the rounds. Another $25 ticket.

My meter maid is up early in the AM and hates me.
Old May 26, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Yes it was in Silverdale.

sesso do you have pics of your cousins g35? Dont know exactly what you mean? But im pretty sure there is a law that you cant mess with your license plate, and I'd get another ticket for that.

Looks like im just going to try to install it and take the blue shield off, even though you can see right through it and it came like that from the factory I believe. Also it came with a blue tint and one cop had asked me about it but let me go for it.

Some evo's dont come with holes in the bumper. Mine did but it got overed up by some cf inserts (like the varis ones). Also when I took my license plate off it did do damage to my paint. There was a line the scratched the paint off.

oh yeah I remember brad posting something that you could pay to not have your front license plate on, did that ever go through?
Old May 26, 2006, 06:19 PM

I put mine back on this morning!

It's just not worth it.
Old May 26, 2006, 06:48 PM

Sounds like your GF was being a B#$%$ to the cop. I got pulled over for it and they let me go saying I need to "take care of it soon". Needless to say its on now...sucks but its on.

Quick Reply: front license plate bs